Home Forums Movies Oscars 2018 Nominations: Part 5 (Predict Now)

Oscars 2018 Nominations: Part 5 (Predict Now)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 346 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
6 hours ago
( +12 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

After watching more movies my updated predictions are

1) Daniela Vega WILL get nominated for Best Actress

2) Chamalet & Hammer will squeeze Stuhlbarg out of getting a nomination

3) Roger Deakins will finally win an Oscar for Blade Runner 2049

If Vega gets nominated, she will be the talk of the town! Hope it happens!

ReplyCopy URL
    Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

Why do you think that “The Post” is considered as a frontrunner by most of the experts even though it hasn’t been released yet (even its trailer)? The late December release also become its large hindrance and it hasn’t been premiered in film festivals. Look what happened to Silence and his films such as Munich and War Horse. Zero Oscar wins.

I think these sight-unseen films should be left off the prediction lists until the reviews come in. How many times do these films, that look great from a distance, plummet off the lists after the first weekend of reviews?

ReplyCopy URL
    PJ Edwards
    Participant
    Topics:

Finally some Oscar news. One of the biggest Wonder Wheel backers, Jeff Wells has heard that WW is good, not great. Winslet won’t win and is fighting for 5th spot. What a turn of events!

http://hollywood-elsewhere.com/2017/10/winslet-goes-down/#disqus_thread

ReplyCopy URL
    Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Finally some Oscar news. One of the biggest Wonder Wheel backers, Jeff Wells has heard that WW is good, not great. Winslet won’t win and is fighting for 5th spot. What a turn of events! http://hollywood-elsewhere.com/2017/10/winslet-goes-down/#disqus_thread

lol my predix she will be the Amy Adam victim of this year sounding more plausible now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Borja Lopez
    Participant
    Topics:

I have seen Blade Runner and Mother! recently and here are my opinions:
    * Blade Runner could sweep the technique categories.
    * No Blade Runner actor will be nominated.
    * 2049 could be nominated in Best Picture and should be in Best Director.
    * I don’t like Jennifer Lawrence, in fact I think she didn’t deserve her Oscar, but what she does in Mother! is beyond amazing. She’s my Best Actress winner so far.
    * Javier Bardem is above Ed Harris.
    * A nomination for Michelle Pfeiffer would be okay, but the win is not happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles Allen
    Participant
    Topics:

Finally some Oscar news. One of the biggest Wonder Wheel backers, Jeff Wells has heard that WW is good, not great. Winslet won’t win and is fighting for 5th spot. What a turn of events!

http://hollywood-elsewhere.com/2017/10/winslet-goes-down/#disqus_thread

Not to be rude, but I’m not sure if one person’s opinion counts as “Oscar news.” I’m going to wait until the film premieres to adjust my predictions.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew D
    Participant
    Topics:

Why do you think that “The Post” is considered as a frontrunner by most of the experts even though it hasn’t been released yet (even its trailer)? The late December release also become its large hindrance and it hasn’t been premiered in film festivals. Look what happened to Silence and his films such as Munich and War Horse. Zero Oscar wins.

I’ve never understood this argument. Streep, still hot after her Globes speech months removed and catnip for Academy voters, plus Hanks, the nicest man in Hollywood who has benefited recently from David S. Pumpkins and Spielberg, who’s movies speak for themselves and that cast on paper is a strong contender. If there’s no trailer by November I’ll rethink things. As of now, I’m predicting it.

I agree with both i dont want to predict movies where we have nothing to go on , so i have kept Stephen and PTA off my list … But i think both could show at the 11th hour and be just fine.

“So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
    ― F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

ReplyCopy URL
    seberko
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve never understood this argument. Streep, still hot after her Globes speech months removed and catnip for Academy voters, plus Hanks, the nicest man in Hollywood who has benefited recently from David S. Pumpkins and Spielberg, who’s movies speak for themselves and that cast on paper is a strong contender. If there’s no trailer by November I’ll rethink things. As of now, I’m predicting it.

And on top of that, Silence’s plot made it a pretty divisive film, similar to The Last Temptaion of Christ, another Scorsese film that was well received by critics but only got one Oscar nom.

The Post’s plot is not divisive, and it’s probably the type of story we need right now. As long as it comes out in time, it will get a lot of nominations. Wins I’m not sure about, but I’d be shocked if it didn’t get in the major categories plus some techs.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatfilmgirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Saw Blade Runner 2049 over the weekend and it will definitely be giving Dunkirk a run for it’s money in most of the tech categories. Deakins should be a shoo-in for the win and it should have no problem dominating nominations for the rest of the tech categories. I know it didn’t do all that well at the BO but I still think it has a fighting chance at a Picture/Director nomination. Especially director. It’s a beautiful film and if the industry loves it, I could see them rallying behind it to spite the fact that it didn’t make the money it should’ve (although, $32 million opening for a 3 hour arthouse sci-fi film that isn’t filled with explosions really is a decent opening. Too bad we expect Marvel/Star Wars BO $ for any movie now).  

ReplyCopy URL
    PJ Edwards
    Participant
    Topics:

Not to be rude, but I’m not sure if one person’s opinion counts as “Oscar news.” I’m going to wait until the film premieres to adjust my predictions.

Not to be rude, but this entire thread are people sharing their opinions. Maybe Oscar predictions arent for you if opinions trigger you so much.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

I suspect Dunkirk wins Cinematography and Blade Runner takes home no Oscars.

OSCAR FLASHBACK: Nicholson at the Oscars (1997) – As Good As It Gets

ReplyCopy URL
    Edward Distasio
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone with a brain knows blade runner will lose to Dunkirk it has no shot for cinematography or director Nolan has it locked people are just being desperate to find another best director winner but let’s face it Nolan has his Oscar speech already written

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

I suspect Dunkirk wins Cinematography and Blade Runner takes home no Oscars.

What do you expect to win Visual Effects?

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone with a brain knows blade runner will lose to Dunkirk it has no shot for cinematography or director Nolan has it locked people are just being desperate to find another best director winner but let’s face it Nolan has his Oscar speech already written

Have you written your love letter to Christopher Nolan yet?

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Dunkirk’s only nominations will be:

Cinematography (which it will lose to Blade Runner 2049)

Music Score (which it will lose, but I don’t know to which movie yet)

Sound Mixing (which it will lose, possibly to Blade Runner 2049 or maybe even Baby Driver)

Sound Editing (which will be Dunkirk’s ONLY win)

That all seems completely realistic to me.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 346 total)
Reply To: Oscars 2018 Nominations: Part 5 (Predict Now)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.