Oscars 2018 Predictions

Home // Forums // Movies // Oscars 2018 Predictions

Viewing 15 posts - 1,096 through 1,110 (of 1,689 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +26 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Prideful
    Participant
    Topics:

Question:

has a War film ever won BP. I know Saving Private Ryan came close. But I don’t recall any recent ones being BP winners

Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Question:

has a War film ever won BP. I know Saving Private Ryan came close. But I don’t recall any recent ones being BP winners

The Hurt Locker

lovelylovely
    Participant
    Topics:

Hurt Locker??

Anonymous
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

Hurt Locker??

I was answering @prideful‘s question as to a recent BP winner that was a war movie.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

The Martian was a fucking sci-fi movie, Dunkirk is a WWII movie that is probably very baity in some cases and way outside of Nolan’s comfort zone. If you are gonna make a comparison at least find a similar movie to compare.

Only I wasn’t comparing GENRES, I’m comparing THE CHANCES OF THE FILM IN AWARDS SEASON. Didn’t we all believe (or most of us) that La La Land would win Best Picture and sweep everything around this time? Didn’t some of us believe that The Revenant would win at some point? Or that The Big Short had a chance? So yeah, now, Dunkirk is looking like a frontrunner until other films come out.

Prideful
    Participant
    Topics:

Question: has a War film ever won BP. I know Saving Private Ryan came close. But I don’t recall any recent ones being BP winners

The Hurt Locker

omg I ban myself from calling out u for the rest of the week.

Any other example lol oops..

Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

@prideful WHAT?! I was just answering your question?

lovelylovely
    Participant
    Topics:

I was answering @prideful‘s question as to a recent BP winner that was a war movie.

I was responding to @prideful too lol, I just responded too fast to quote it. If you look at the time stamps we responded within the same minute 🙂

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Slumdog was the last film to win without any acting noms, right? Cause I don’t see Dunkirk getting actions nods unless the Globes wanna fuck around and nominate Harry Styles or some shit.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Question: has a War film ever won BP. I know Saving Private Ryan came close. But I don’t recall any recent ones being BP winners

Are you joking?

Wings, the first Best picture winner ever

The Hurt Locker

Dances with the Wolves

All Quiet on the Western Front

Gone with the Wind

Mrs. Minniver

Casablanca

The Best Years of Our Life

Platoon

The English Patient

Braveheart

Schindler’s List

Patton

The Dear Hunter

Lawrence of Arabia

From Here to Eternity

The Bridge on the River Kwai

Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Slumdog was the last film to win without any acting noms, right? Cause I don’t see Dunkirk getting actions nods unless the Globes wanna fuck around and nominate Harry Styles or some shit.

They gave Lady Gaga an acting award, didn’t they? 😉

Prideful
    Participant
    Topics:

tom Hardy could get in supporting actor? I think the supporting actor race right now is both call me actors, Harrelson, and Brown with a 5th slot free

Prideful
    Participant
    Topics:

Are you joking? Wings, the first Best picture winner ever The Hurt Locker Dances with the Wolves All Quiet on the Western Front Gone with the Wind Mrs. Minniver Casablanca The Best Years of Our Life Platoon The English Patient Braveheart Schindler’s List Patton The Dear Hunter Lawrence of Arabia From Here to Eternity The Bridge on the River Kwai

honey, I don’t remember shit from movies that were before my lifetime nor am I going to pretend to lol :/.

pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

I was already looking forward to Dunkirk, but now I’m extremely excited to see it with such great reviews. It looks like a definite BP contender, and Nolan is a very early directing frontrunner, but a lot can change. I feel like the academy’s recent trend of giving BP to smaller movies like Spotlight, and Moonlight won’t be broken by Dunkirk, but like I said, it’s still really early.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,096 through 1,110 (of 1,689 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2018 Predictions’ is closed to new replies.