Home Forums Movies Oscars 2018 Predictions

Oscars 2018 Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,111 through 1,125 (of 1,617 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +87 hidden )
replies
views
users
Honey
Bee
Pulp
  • WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

Saw an advance screening of DUNKIRK tonight. I think it will be nominated for the following:
    Picture
    Director
    Cinematography
    Editing
    Original Score
    Sound Editing
    Sound Mixing
    Production Design

Anonymous
    Topics:

Saw an advance screening of DUNKIRK tonight. I think it will be nominated for the following: Picture Director Cinematography Editing Original Score Sound Editing Sound Mixing

Visual effects? Screenplay? Which actors are most likely? Production design? Costumes?

WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

Saw an advance screening of DUNKIRK tonight. I think it will be nominated for the following: Picture Director Cinematography Editing Original Score Sound Editing Sound Mixing

Visual effects? Screenplay? Which actors are most likely? Production design? Costumes?

Oops, I forgot Production Design. Yes, that should be included.

Costumes- I thought they were amazing, but I’m not sure of the Academy’s history with war films and costumes.

Screenplay- I just don’t see it and when you watch it, I think you’ll see why.

Visual Effects- Didn’t feel as prominent as other Nolan films, but maybe they were just THAT good. I’m expecting Visual Effects to be taken up by Star Wars, Planet of the Apes, and other superhero movies.

Actors- I don’t think any actor will be nominated, but Mark Rylance has the best chance in my opinion. There are no lead actors in the film, so they would all go supporting. The acting is great, but this film doesn’t necessarily have a central character.

Overall, this is a very different kind of Nolan film. I think critics will love it, but I don’t know what to make of audience reactions. When me and my friends left the theater, one of them said, “I have no idea what happened” and they were very lost. The sound and music make this movie and I can’t see anything beating it for these accolades. I have never been more stressed out watching a film than I was watching Dunkirk. I will definitely be seeing it again, this time in IMAX. This movie really makes you feel like you’re there.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

So as I thought, this is a visual/directorial achievement over everything else. Even Slumdog Millionaire had a central story and character development to it that made people think it was a heartwarming, effective drama.

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Hacksaw Ridge won editing and lost so that doesn’t mean much lol

no one
    Participant
    Topics:

probably.

spielberg went to ww2 to get a win after his blockbusters didn’t do it.

Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

So as I thought, this is a visual/directorial achievement over everything else. Even Slumdog Millionaire had a central story and character development to it that made people think it was a heartwarming, effective drama.

Slumdog was a masterpiece, a genuinely heartwarming and effective drama. Dunkirk on the other hand, looks like generic Oscar bait. I still haven’t decided if I am even going to see this movie. I think Christopher Nolan knows he’s out of original ideas that make coherent sense (for evidence of this see: Interstellar) so now he is trying to tell a story that calls for nothing but action and LOUD NOISES!!! Also, how the heck does this movie have a 98% on Rotten Tomatoes? Were the characters really that layered and interesting?! If so, I’ll gladly check out Dunkirk. But even looking at the trailer for this movie, I can’t help but think that I have already seen the damn movie, and that of ALL the WWII stories to be told, why this one? Really, why THIS specific one?

lovelylovely
    Participant
    Topics:

… Anyway

I was doing some reading up on Mother! since the teaser should be out in the next couple days, and Jóhann Jóhannsson is composing the score. 100% can add him to the list of nominees for Original Score next to Hans Zimmer and John Williams.

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Dunkirk on the other hand, looks like generic Oscar bait. I still haven’t decided if I am even going to see this movie. 

You contemplate watching this movie but u go full in watching Transformers?

Anonymous
    Topics:

People forget that Oscar bait can be good

CitizenBlake
    Participant
    Topics:

People forget that Oscar bait can be good

Absolutely. But most of the time, its not. Looks like Dunkirk is the good Oscar bait

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

and that of ALL the WWII stories to be told, why this one? Really, why THIS specific one?

Couldn’t you ask this about most movies depicting a historical event? Plus, Dunkirk is a fairly well known battle, it’s not like completely random.

CitizenBlake
    Participant
    Topics:

Slumdog was a masterpiece, a genuinely heartwarming and effective drama.

Weren’t you stanning for The Dark Knight? That means you shouldn’t be supportive of Slumdog Millionaire as it won over The Dark Knight because it wasn’t even nominated for Best Motion Picture! 😉

Jokes aside, Christopher Nolan has alot of talent, he could do something really good with this. I predict a bunch of nominations IF it is as good as everyone claims.

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is it when I look at a sample of the Dunst/Denzel/Nolan stan base profiles and see their predictions in the past they either never predict/keep it hidden/or rank in the bottom 50% of that years Oscar league.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

difference is Mel Gibson isn’t directing Dunkirk Nolan did and with this monumental achievement Nolan will win picture and director

You also know a difference between Nolan and Gibson? Braveheart was the only one to win Picture without a SAG Ensemble nod. Nolan won’t be able to do that with Dunkirk if it misses Ensemble.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,111 through 1,125 (of 1,617 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2018 Predictions’ is closed to new replies.