Paolo Sorrentino’s “Youth” – Michael Caine, Harvey Keitel, Rachel Weisz, Jane Fonda (12/4)

Home // Forums // Movies // Paolo Sorrentino’s “Youth” – Michael Caine, Harvey Keitel, Rachel Weisz, Jane Fonda (12/4)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • AviChristiaans
    Participant
    Topics:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Kbg2Azm.jpg[/img]

AviChristiaans
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

Very excited for this film. Expects moms for Caine and Keitel and Fonda in supporting. Caine becomes first actor to be nominated 6 decades in a row and I think Keitel can actually win with this!!! Long overdue for him

ReplyCopy URL
    OnTheAisle
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Keitel can actually win with this!!! Long overdue for him

Sorry, Ben. Not feeling it. Keitel appeared in some terrific Scorsese movies in the 1970s, picked up an Oscar nod for Bugsy, won some acclaim for the overrated Bad Lieutenant, and went full frontal in The Piano. He is an actor who plays jaded really, really well. However, I think he has been pidgeon holed into roles of questionable morality.

I am feeling much more enthusiasm for the brilliant work of Jason Segel in as writer Dvid Foster Wallace in The End of the Tour.   More than Keitel I am anticipating the arrival of potential Best supporting Actor nominees Kurt Russell in The Hateful Eight, Michael Keaton in Spotlight, Idris Elba in Beasts of No Nation and legendary stage actor Mark Rylance in The Bridge of Spies.

ReplyCopy URL
    benbraddock
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is iris Elba in supporting? I agree about Rylance but I believe if Keitel goes supporting he could get in.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is iris Elba in supporting? I agree about Rylance but I believe if Keitel goes supporting he could get in.

It’s possible. And it would be a nice surprise. Right now I’d say that Michael Caine is the one holding most of the cards.

I’m rooting for that entire cast, and in particular, Rachel Weisz.

ReplyCopy URL
    benbraddock
    Participant
    Topics:

I think 3 cast members will prevail. I love Weisz too. Maybe?

ReplyCopy URL
    Dr.Fabe
    Participant
    Topics:

I guess people are still underestimating this film’s chances. Apart from Brooklyn, it is Fox Searchlight’s only potential awards season player this year. And we are talking about the distributor behind Birdman and The Grand Budapest Hotel, so expect them to push hard for Youth this season. For all we know, Harvey Keitel is one of the top favorites to win Best Supporting Actor, Michael Caine and even Rachel Weisz are totally in the race for a nomination. Not so sure about Jane Fonda as she only appears in two/three scenes at the end.

ReplyCopy URL
    AviChristiaans
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope Rachel Weisz gets the Supporting Actress nomination. I know that’s a sight unseen prediction, but judging from reviews and her character, she is quite baity.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sab21
    Topics:

I really hope Rachel Weisz gets the Supporting Actress nomination. I know that’s a sight unseen prediction, but judging from reviews and her character, she is quite baity.

It’d be great to see Rachel Weisz back at the Oscars. She looks wonderful in the trailer. Actually, the whole cast does.

While at the moment I predict Fonda to be nominated, I could very well see Weisz getting in instead of Fonda.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Jane Fonda for nomination number eight.

ReplyCopy URL
    benbraddock
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes we agree. She will sweep in on dec 4th and be primed for awards recognition. Welcome back Jane. It’s been 29 years since your 7th nom.

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

Right up my alley!

This seems like a Huge contender, anyone knows who is responsible for it’s score? The whole cast looks stunning.  

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Right up my alley!

This seems like a Huge contender, anyone knows who is responsible for it’s score? The whole cast looks stunning.

David Lang

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like I’m going to eat this up. I adored The Great Beauty and love the look of this film! 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
Reply To: Paolo Sorrentino’s “Youth” – Michael Caine, Harvey Keitel, Rachel Weisz, Jane Fonda (12/4)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.