Home Forums Movies Production Design 2014

Production Design 2014

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
Cheshire
ETPhoneHome
Tye-Grr
  • Stardust
    Participant
    Topics:

This category is stacked..

Belle
    Big Eyes
    Exodus: Gods & Kings
    Fury
    Get On Up
    Inherent Vice
    Into the Woods
    Interstellar
    Maleficent
    Mr Turner
    The Grand Budapest Hotel
    The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
    The Homesman
    The Imitation Game
    The Theory of Everything
    The Two Faces of January
    Unbroken

Cheshire
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it sad that some years I’m more impressed with the work done in this category than in some major cateigories. My predictions are:
    Exodus: Gods & Kings
    The Grand Budapest Hotel
    The Imitation Game
    Into the Woods (winning)
    Maleficent

I know it’s not going to happen but The Book of Life deserves to be considered at least. I would give it the win as of now.

ReplyCopy URL
    dosmax
    Participant
    Topics:

Is The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies not in consideration? I know Desolation of Smaug didn’t get in, but the other four were nominated and Return of the King won. The Hobbit seems a lot more CGI than LotR but I think it could still get nominated, especially if it’s good.

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

I know it’s not going to happen but The Book of Life deserves to be considered at least. I would give it the win as of now.

I am with you 100% there. The problem is, the majority of categories are looked at as being live-action exclusive. I am ridiculously holding out hope for The Boxtrolls in Costume Design.

In this category, I think Grand Budapest Hotel deserves it the most of the front runners I’ve seen. At the moment, I could absolutely see it winning.

Come participate in this year's Goldderby Rankings! http://www.goldderby.com/forum/movies/2017-goldderby-rankings/

ReplyCopy URL
    Cheshire
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”TinoPecchia”]I know it’s not going to happen but The Book of Life deserves to be considered at least. I would give it the win as of now.

I am with you 100% there. The problem is, the majority of categories are looked at as being live-action exclusive. I am ridiculously holding out hope for The Boxtrolls in Costume Design.

In this category, I think Grand Budapest Hotel deserves it the most of the front runners I’ve seen. At the moment, I could absolutely see it winning.[/quote]

I still haven’t seen The Grand Budapest Hotel but I really want to. 

ReplyCopy URL
    manakamana
    Participant
    Topics:

Exodus: Gods and Kings
    The Grand Budapest Hotel
    Into the Woods
    Mr. Turner

^ I’d honestly be surprised if those four weren’t included.  But after that, it could be anything between The Hobbit, The Imitation Game, Interstellar, Maleficent, Big Eyes, Unbroken, etc. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler [Last Name]
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope the candy-colored production design of Grand Budapest Hotel gets nominated.

FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”Tischeo”][quote=”TinoPecchia”]I know it’s not going to happen but The Book of Life deserves to be considered at least. I would give it the win as of now.

In this category, I think Grand Budapest Hotel deserves it the most of the front runners I’ve seen. At the moment, I could absolutely see it winning.[/quote]

I still haven’t seen The Grand Budapest Hotel but I really want to. [/quote]
    Not sure exactly what your tastes are, but I would argue that it’s Wes Anderson’s very best. For that reason, it’s definitely worth watching.

Come participate in this year's Goldderby Rankings! http://www.goldderby.com/forum/movies/2017-goldderby-rankings/

ReplyCopy URL
    Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

The Grand Budapest Hotel has great production Design. So far i’m rooting that film to win this Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    seabel
    Participant
    Topics:

Big Eyes
    Exodus: Gods and Kings
    The Great Budapest Hotel
    Into the Woods
    Mr. Turner 

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Exodus: Of Gods and Kings
    The Grand Budapest Hotel
    Interstellar
    Into The Woods
    Unbroken

Possible spoilers: Mr.Turner and Maleficent

I think Exodus: Of Gods and Kings is going to get many technical nominations. It remains to be seen if it can break into the major categories…

ReplyCopy URL
    Bird
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Snowpiercer might be able to nab a production design nom. It was the first film to send out screeners and if the voters watch it, I just don’t see how they can justify not voting for it. I can see this playing out in a scenario similar The Grandmaster last year where it goes under the radar all season until the guilds start mentioning it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

I think Snowpiercer might be able to nab a production design nom. It was the first film to send out screeners and if the voters watch it, I just don’t see how they can justify not voting for it. I can see this playing out in a scenario similar The Grandmaster last year where it goes under the radar all season until the guilds start mentioning it.

I hope so. It would be incredibly well deserved.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

Personal choices so far:

1. Snowpiercer
    2. The Grand Budapest Hotel
    3. Guardians of the Galaxy
    4. The LEGO Movie
    5. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

ReplyCopy URL
    Kyle Bailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Watch out for The Zero Theorem. Though not a great movie, it’s a very colorful movie with cool sets and props and art direction. Terry Gilliam’s last movie made it in to production design, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnaussus (though it was a way better movie) 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.