Home Forums Movies Production Design 2014

Production Design 2014

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Stardust
    Participant
    Topics:

This category is stacked..

Belle
    Big Eyes
    Exodus: Gods & Kings
    Fury
    Get On Up
    Inherent Vice
    Into the Woods
    Interstellar
    Maleficent
    Mr Turner
    The Grand Budapest Hotel
    The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
    The Homesman
    The Imitation Game
    The Theory of Everything
    The Two Faces of January
    Unbroken

Cheshire
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it sad that some years I’m more impressed with the work done in this category than in some major cateigories. My predictions are:
    Exodus: Gods & Kings
    The Grand Budapest Hotel
    The Imitation Game
    Into the Woods (winning)
    Maleficent

I know it’s not going to happen but The Book of Life deserves to be considered at least. I would give it the win as of now.

ReplyCopy URL
    dosmax
    Participant
    Topics:

Is The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies not in consideration? I know Desolation of Smaug didn’t get in, but the other four were nominated and Return of the King won. The Hobbit seems a lot more CGI than LotR but I think it could still get nominated, especially if it’s good.

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

I know it’s not going to happen but The Book of Life deserves to be considered at least. I would give it the win as of now.

I am with you 100% there. The problem is, the majority of categories are looked at as being live-action exclusive. I am ridiculously holding out hope for The Boxtrolls in Costume Design.

In this category, I think Grand Budapest Hotel deserves it the most of the front runners I’ve seen. At the moment, I could absolutely see it winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Cheshire
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”TinoPecchia”]I know it’s not going to happen but The Book of Life deserves to be considered at least. I would give it the win as of now.

I am with you 100% there. The problem is, the majority of categories are looked at as being live-action exclusive. I am ridiculously holding out hope for The Boxtrolls in Costume Design.

In this category, I think Grand Budapest Hotel deserves it the most of the front runners I’ve seen. At the moment, I could absolutely see it winning.[/quote]

I still haven’t seen The Grand Budapest Hotel but I really want to. 

ReplyCopy URL
    manakamana
    Participant
    Topics:

Exodus: Gods and Kings
    The Grand Budapest Hotel
    Into the Woods
    Mr. Turner

^ I’d honestly be surprised if those four weren’t included.  But after that, it could be anything between The Hobbit, The Imitation Game, Interstellar, Maleficent, Big Eyes, Unbroken, etc. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope the candy-colored production design of Grand Budapest Hotel gets nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”Tischeo”][quote=”TinoPecchia”]I know it’s not going to happen but The Book of Life deserves to be considered at least. I would give it the win as of now.

In this category, I think Grand Budapest Hotel deserves it the most of the front runners I’ve seen. At the moment, I could absolutely see it winning.[/quote]

I still haven’t seen The Grand Budapest Hotel but I really want to. [/quote]
    Not sure exactly what your tastes are, but I would argue that it’s Wes Anderson’s very best. For that reason, it’s definitely worth watching.

ReplyCopy URL
    Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

The Grand Budapest Hotel has great production Design. So far i’m rooting that film to win this Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    seabel
    Participant
    Topics:

Big Eyes
    Exodus: Gods and Kings
    The Great Budapest Hotel
    Into the Woods
    Mr. Turner 

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Exodus: Of Gods and Kings
    The Grand Budapest Hotel
    Interstellar
    Into The Woods
    Unbroken

Possible spoilers: Mr.Turner and Maleficent

I think Exodus: Of Gods and Kings is going to get many technical nominations. It remains to be seen if it can break into the major categories…

ReplyCopy URL
    Bird
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Snowpiercer might be able to nab a production design nom. It was the first film to send out screeners and if the voters watch it, I just don’t see how they can justify not voting for it. I can see this playing out in a scenario similar The Grandmaster last year where it goes under the radar all season until the guilds start mentioning it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

I think Snowpiercer might be able to nab a production design nom. It was the first film to send out screeners and if the voters watch it, I just don’t see how they can justify not voting for it. I can see this playing out in a scenario similar The Grandmaster last year where it goes under the radar all season until the guilds start mentioning it.

I hope so. It would be incredibly well deserved.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

Personal choices so far:

1. Snowpiercer
    2. The Grand Budapest Hotel
    3. Guardians of the Galaxy
    4. The LEGO Movie
    5. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Watch out for The Zero Theorem. Though not a great movie, it’s a very colorful movie with cool sets and props and art direction. Terry Gilliam’s last movie made it in to production design, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnaussus (though it was a way better movie) 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.