Should we do a 2014 Best of GoldDerby?

Home // Forums // Movies // Should we do a 2014 Best of GoldDerby?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • TomHardys
    Participant
    Topics:

Hey there folks!
    So I had this idea… Wouldn’t it be awesome if we did a Best of Goldderby (2014 edition) featuring the most dedicated stan/fanboy, the nicest poster, the sassiest bitch, the best thread(s), the most active user, etc etc? We would make a bunch of categories for us to vote and choose the recipients and with that we’re celebrating the best of GoldDerby and all that jazz…
    It would be a nice and different event! What do you think?

(Mods, I moved the thread to the Movies section because it’s the forum with the most member activity and the point is to have as much posters involved as possible! I hope you don’t mind!)

Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC: ME!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Joe Burns
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, that”s a great idea!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Macbeth
    Participant
    Topics:

Awesome – I’m in 

ReplyCopy URL
    GraysWay
    Participant
    Topics:

Hey there folks!
    So I had this idea… Wouldn’t it be awesome if we did a Best of Goldderby (2014 edition) featuring the most dedicated stan/fanboy, the nicest poster, the sassiest bitch, the best thread(s), the most active user, etc etc? We would make a bunch of categories for us to vote and choose the recipients and with that we’re celebrating the best of GoldDerby and all that jazz…
    It would be a nice and different event! What do you think?

(Mods, I moved the thread to the Movies section because it’s the forum with the most member activity and the point is to have as much posters involved as possible! I hope you don’t mind!)

This is the BEST idea I’ve heard in awhile!!!  How fun/bitchy … sign me up!  🙂 

ReplyCopy URL
    rstang00
    Participant
    Topics:

All good.

We used to have something like this back in the early 2000’s but then the person who started it never did it again so it stopped. Don’t know why you needed to know that but now you do. Huh.

FYC: Marcus Dixon – wrongest and bitchiest everything.

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

This could be fun. I’m intrigued.

FYC — babypook (nicest poster)

ReplyCopy URL
    TomHardys
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m so happy you guys are loving the idea! Before all the campaigning, we should think about the categories first! Now I’ll admit I’m not the most original guy around so you folks will have to help me out here…

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m so happy you guys are loving the idea! Before all the campaigning, we should think about the categories first! Now I’ll admit I’m not the most original guy around so you folks will have to help me out here…

Wouldn’t it be awesome if we did a Best of Goldderby (2014 edition) featuring the most dedicated stan/fanboy, the nicest poster, the sassiest bitch, the best thread(s), the most active user, etc etc?

How about Best New Poster?  You’re only eligible if you joined goldderby in 2014.

Best Editor? Best Reviewer? Favorite Thread? Favorite Poll Series? Favorite Game Series?

ReplyCopy URL
    TomHardys
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”tomhardys”]I’m so happy you guys are loving the idea! Before all the campaigning, we should think about the categories first! Now I’ll admit I’m not the most original guy around so you folks will have to help me out here…

Wouldn’t it be awesome if we did a Best of Goldderby (2014 edition) featuring the most dedicated stan/fanboy, the nicest poster, the sassiest bitch, the best thread(s), the most active user, etc etc?

How about Best New Poster?  You’re only eligible if you joined goldderby in 2014.

Best Editor? Best Reviewer? Favorite Thread? Favorite Poll Series? Favorite Game Series?

[/quote]

Perfect! Categories so far:
    *Best Editor
    *Best Reviewer
    *Best New Poster
    *Nicest Poster
    *Most dedicated stan/fanboy
    *Bitchiest/Sassiest Poster (or Funniest Poster! or both!)
    *Best Thread
    *Best Poll Series 
    *Best Game Series

I was thinking we could pull a Los Angeles Film Critics Awards and post the winners and the runner-ups with a few minutes between the announcements of the winners of each category! 

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Hmm. Best Contributor? Someone who always pops into threads and adds to whatever conversation in a knowledgeable and respectable manner.

Best Debater? A poster who truly knows their stance and how to attack another poster’s opinion. This would be a fun category lol.

Oh and our Best Picture category could be . . . Best Poster of the Year (BPTY) or Goldderby Poster of the Year (GPTY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Sasha
    Participant
    Topics:
    ReplyCopy URL
    TomHardys
    Participant
    Topics:

We need to shake things up a little bit. Tired of all the endless Meryl Streep debates on how worthy of awards recognition her latest fart is. 

Just kidding Etchie, don’t kill me!

Best Poster of The Year is gonna be Milo Kunis, we all know (s)he’s gonna ride Boyhood’s coattails. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Sasha
    Participant
    Topics:

If I won’t win The Most Entertaining Poster of the Year I already call the voting rigged! 

But for The Most Hated Poster of the Year there are more deserving people here than me…

ReplyCopy URL
    TomHardys
    Participant
    Topics:

We should do uplifting categories only! The point is to bring everybody together. I’m afraid a negative poll would alienate some members even more :/

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
Reply To: Should we do a 2014 Best of GoldDerby?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.