Home Forums Movies Snowpiercer Thread (2014)

Snowpiercer Thread (2014)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
Tye-Grr
Malick
babypook
  • BrokenFan
    Topics:

It’s coming out soon, and you should all definitely go check it out. It’s ambitious in its aim and quite thrilling. Tilda Swinton and Alison Pill are hilarious.  

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

O wow I’ve seen this. It’s one of my favorite films I’ve seen so far this year. Joon-Ho is incredible. I echo your sentiments that this is a must see.

ReplyCopy URL
    CanadianFan
    Participant
    Topics:

I really liked the film, except for the CGI mountains.

Just… no. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Malick
    Topics:

Two months later and this is still my favourite movie of 2014. I hope most everyone on these boards takes the time to watch this rear gem, it is high-brow sci/fi accompanied with skilled direction, wonderful cinematography and great performances (mvp imo is Octavia Spencer but you can’t go wrong with this cast). I would bet money that the academy will let this movie go right by them, but that doesn’t mean the general public should as well…

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

Ye this was trully something, audacious and hillarious, there are a few dull moments but I got what the filmmakers tried to do.

ReplyCopy URL
    BrokenFan
    Topics:

I really liked the film, except for the CGI mountains.

Just… no. 

lol Have you seen ‘The Host’? Not exactly top-notch CGI work, but still.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

My brothers and I caught this one today, and it is now my favorite film of the year. Just, wow. I was hugely impressed. Chris Evans gives a terrific performance, and the supporting cast is aces. Bong Joon-ho’s direction is fantastic, and I loved the adapted screenplay. The costumes, makeup, and production design are Oscar worthy, as is the editing. So many amazing moments… And Octavia Spencer gets to be a badass. Awesome.

ReplyCopy URL
    BamaEd
    Participant
    Topics:

I saw this today after reading about it in EW. WOW! I was so impressed. The fight scenes were so well staged. The story was great. Chris Evans in his monologue at the end was a STAR in this. The 2 Oscar winners, Octavia and Tilda, were fantastic.

Read on Wikipedia that Harvey tried to sabotage it because the director wouldn’t make changes Harvey wanted. Is that true? 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

I saw this today after reading about it in EW. WOW! I was so impressed. The fight scenes were so well staged. The story was great. Chris Evans in his monologue at the end was a STAR in this. The 2 Oscar winners, Octavia and Tilda, were fantastic.

Read on Wikipedia that Harvey tried to sabotage it because the director wouldn’t make changes Harvey wanted. Is that true? 

Yes, it’s true. Harvey wanted to edit it and the director refused. Luckily he won out and as punishment (I suppose) Harvey decided to release it in the US the way he did, tiered and based on performance. Regardless, I’m just glad we got the original cut with no edits made because the film is fantastic. It’s my favorite of the year so far.

ReplyCopy URL
    DominicCobb
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh man, I saw this last night and it is effing awesome. Great film.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

I hadn’t heard anything about this movie until Peter Travers from Rolling Stone showcased it on his website video reviews and it caught my interest so I went to see it on Tuesday. Boy, I loved it. Spencer and Swinton were hilarious and Pill had a great little part too. I loved not knowing what was going to happen next behind every door and it had a very Hunger Games tone to it with the lower class v.s. the upper class and Swinton reminded me alot of Effie same as Harris felt very much like President Snow. I still love “The Grand Budapest Hotel” but this one is a very close 2nd on my list so far this year. It’s a shame it isn’t in more theaters. It deserves to be in more theaters than some of the crap playing this week 

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!
    the story is mind-blowing for me,
    and it has TILDA SWINTON in another weird old bitch role, ’nuff said. 

ReplyCopy URL
    GraemeONeil
    Participant
    Topics:

Just saw it. Here’s my review: http://graemeoneil.com/2014/07/21/review-snowpiercer/

I was gonna post in here wondering why this film is being buried in North America, but now seeing the post about Harvey losing out on editing explains everything so clearly. There’s no reason for this to get no promotion whatsoever. It’s the best movie I’ve seen so far this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    helmetz
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I know we’re talking about a whole host of other candidates in the Oscar race, but good Lord, this is a remarkable film.  Saw it for a second time tonight and was absolutely blown away once again by the imagination at work here.  The detail in the rear-car scenes, the forward-motion as the march through the train proceeds culminating in the gripping axe-fight in the dark, the beauty of the greenhouse and aquarium scenes, Evans’ final big monologue and then that devastating final shot.  So sorry that it doesn’t look like it will be part of the year-end conversation.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I’ve seen the movie online this summer and I think based on the 41 movies I’ve seen this year, it’s probably my runner-up for Best Picture so far (my current winner is The Grand Budapest Hotel). It’s showy, exciting and very smart.

It’s deserving of nominations for Best Picture, Best Director (Bong) Best Supporting Actress (Swinton), Best Adapted Screenplay and basically most of the technical categories. Will it get any? No. It’s too good for the Academy – they will go with trashy again.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Snowpiercer Thread (2014)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.