Home Forums Movies The Girl On The Train Thread (Starring Emily Blunt, coming fall 2016)

The Girl On The Train Thread (Starring Emily Blunt, coming fall 2016)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
babypook
BamaEd
AMG
  • FilmGuy619
    Participant
    Topics:

The Girl On The Train will be released on October 7th by Universal. It is based on a mystery novel by Paula Hawkins and will star Emily Blunt as the main protagonist who fawns over a couple that she spots while riding a train and investigates the disappearance of the woman in the couple.

Tate Taylor (The Help) will direct and Rebecca Ferguson, Haley Bennett, Luke Evans, and Justin Theroux will co-star. 

Another great mystery is whether it will get Emily Blunt into the Oscar club. Could it? Let’s discuss.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not sure about Blunt, but at least we know Tate Taylor can direct a very popular film.

Fingers crossed for her.

Big fan of Erin Cressida Wilson, who can never ever be accused of writing the mundane. Really like Rebecca Ferguson as well, and am happy to see her working as much as she is.

Havent read the novel, but my hunch is that, this film isnt going to be  mainstream fare. I suppose that could be good or not so good.

ReplyCopy URL
    BamaEd
    Participant
    Topics:

I am reading the novel right now, and it’s very mainstream and popular in a Gone Girl sort of way. Crowd pleasing best-seller with twists and turns and a fun read. I think Gone Girl is the best comparison so far. I’m only about 100 pages in but the tone isn’t nearly as dark as GG so it won’t need a Fincher touch like GG did. I’m actually quite excited about Blunt as the star. I think she will do great with this role.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I am reading the novel right now, and it’s very mainstream and popular in a Gone Girl sort of way. Crowd pleasing best-seller with twists and turns and a fun read. I think Gone Girl is the best comparison so far. I’m only about 100 pages in but the tone isn’t nearly as dark as GG so it won’t need a Fincher touch like GG did. I’m actually quite excited about Blunt as the star. I think she will do great with this role.

Thanks Bama!

It might explain why Tate Taylor is directing. But the other crew members and even members of that cast belies this for me.

Not a particular fan of GG either.

sigh.

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

There is already a thread open to talk about The Girl on The Train.

http://www.goldderby.com/forum/topics/view/12186

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: The Girl On The Train Thread (Starring Emily Blunt, coming fall 2016)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.