Home Forums Movies The Hunting Ground (2015 Documentary)

The Hunting Ground (2015 Documentary)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Manuel Colon
    Participant
    Topics:

I was searching for a thread and did not found one.

The Hunting Ground is a documentary film released this year about rape in college campuses, directed and written by Kirby Dick.

It premiered this year at Sundance Festival, and it has received a lot of acclaim. It’s an early contender for Best Documentary Film at the Oscars, and could very well earn the nomination.

Also, there is an original song written by Dianne Warren and Lady Gaga called ”Till It Happens To You”, which has also received tons of acclaim and considering Warren’s Academy history it could earn them a nomination for Best Original Song.

If you have seen it, or want to see it, share your thoughts. 

tjd
    Participant
    Topics:

My college held a week of events intended to bring awareness to sexual assault on college campuses, and the first event was a big screening of the film. Having seen it, I think it should be screened by every single college in the United States. It does a great job of pairing shocking statistics and heartbreaking interviews with sexual assault survivors to create a really moving and informative documentary. Right now it’s my #1 film of the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I cant watch this, although I’ve been ‘following’ it for a while now. But, I’ll BUY it, and, without having seen it, will recommend it to everyone who’s open to docs and uncomfortable truths.

ReplyCopy URL
    Manuel Colon
    Participant
    Topics:

My college held a week of events intended to bring awareness to sexual assault on college campuses, and the first event was a big screening of the film. Having seen it, I think it should be screened by every single college in the United States. It does a great job of pairing shocking statistics and heartbreaking interviews with sexual assault survivors to create a really moving and informative documentary. Right now it’s my #1 film of the year.

Love this! I think it’s completely amazing, i haven’t seen the film but i do have high hopes for it and the fact that people support it that much is fantastic. It will help it’s message reach to people

ReplyCopy URL
    manakamana
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought it was great, and when I saw it at Sundance early in the morning at something like its third screening it got three different standing ovations at the end. Although I’m troubled by the testimony of the law school girl, which is apparently not that reliable — I think the filmmakers owed it to their audience and their hugely important subject matter to check these stories in a professional and journalistic manner.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: The Hunting Ground (2015 Documentary)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.