Home Forums Movies The Jungle Book (2016 Live Action film)

The Jungle Book (2016 Live Action film)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
Tyler The Awe..
Manuel Colon
Cheshire
  • Manuel Colon
    Participant
    Topics:

I could not find a thread about this film, so i’m opening this one! 

The Jungle Book is a live action film adaptation of the animated musical by Disney, released in 1967. Directed by Jon Favreau, starring many A-list names as: Bill Murray, Ben Kingsley, Scarlett Johansson and Christopher Walken.

It starts with a pretty good 76 on Metacritic with 6 reviews, we have a very high contender for the Best Visual Effects Oscar. 

Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I am stoked for this film because Richard M. Sherman will return to write original songs for this movie.

If they are as good as they are in the original Jungle Book, then we have the winner of Original Song all sewn up! 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

But in all seriousness, I am a bit nervous about this. The Jungle Book is one of my favourite Disney films and it still holds up after almost 50 years (my baby niece loves it too now). Bill Murray as Baloo is questionable, but I guess I’ll get used to it. Ben Kingsley is a perfect Bagheera. Idris should be cool as Shere Khan.

But yeah, I am definitely seeing this! 

ReplyCopy URL
    Cheshire
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder if this film will qualify in the Best Animated Feature race. I’m super hyped for this and I now have time to go to the movies again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Manuel Colon
    Participant
    Topics:

But in all seriousness, I am a bit nervous about this. The Jungle Book is one of my favourite Disney films and it still holds up after almost 50 years (my baby niece loves it too now). Bill Murray as Baloo is questionable, but I guess I’ll get used to it. Ben Kingsley is a perfect Bagheera. Idris should be cool as Shere Khan.

But yeah, I am definitely seeing this! 

Not that critics must be believed all the time, but at least it’s getting good reviews! It could have ended up being one of the worst film this year, live action adaptations don’t do good usually. 

What i see is that this version could be far deeper, and considering how much of a fan you are about this film, i hope you consider it a great one!  

ReplyCopy URL
    Manuel Colon
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder if this film will qualify in the Best Animated Feature race. I’m super hyped for this and I now have time to go to the movies again.

I don’t think it will, even tho there are only two humans appearing. All the other characters are made with CGI! 

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Many are comparing the visuals to Avatar so I might need to see this one in 3D. The only reservations I have are Scarlett as Kaa and Walken as the King Monkey 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: The Jungle Book (2016 Live Action film)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.