The Little Prince (2015) no contender?

Home // Forums // Movies // The Little Prince (2015) no contender?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Tom_Scavo
    Participant
    Topics:

Hi there. I’m gonna see «The Little Prince» this week at the Zurich Film Festival and was wondering if it was considered a frontrunner for the «Animated Film» Oscar next February. The movie has also premiered in Cannes.
    Now I see that a release date hasn’t even been announced for the US yet, so I was just wondering if somebody knows anything about the release and the eligibility of this year’s Oscar race.
    There are a lot of famous names attached to the project and the reception has been positive so far. The director is Mark Osborne (Kung Fu Panda), the voices are for example Rachel McAdams, Benicio Del Toro, Marion Cotillard, James Franco, Jeff Bridges, Paul Giamatti, Ricky Gervais and Albert Brooks.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1754656/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Anybody have any informations? 

ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve been wondering this for a while, because on paper, this should be in the conversation. I have no idea why they wouldn’t release it this year, if it’s already been premiering all over. I’m really looking forward to it, whenever it comes out.

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought the release had been pushed back, and is officially out of the race? Can’t remember where I saw it, but I thought I read that somewhere.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d LOVE to see this in the mix! Loved that book, and Mark Osborne has knocked on the door twice before.

This wont make it where I am until next year, but likely before the next ceremony. I hope.

ReplyCopy URL
    benutty
    Keymaster
    Topics:

All I know is they did test screenings of it in NYC like 3 months ago. My guess is that was their way of testing it on American audiences and the fact that there is no release date yet suggests that those tests didn’t go well.

ReplyCopy URL
    BamaEd
    Participant
    Topics:

Wanted to update this thread with the news of the dropping of the film by Paramount and picking up of the film by Netflix. What the heck went on there? One week before and they shelve it? Seems shadier than a 100 year old elm. It received great reviews and box office globally, so it seems a bit odd. Thoughts? Scoop?

http://deadline.com/2016/03/netflix-picks-up-the-little-prince-after-paramount-drops-animated-pic-1201722477/

ReplyCopy URL
    manakamana
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, Paramount dropped it last minute for some reason so it went to Netflix. I imagine they could give it a qualifying release, if they wanted to, where I think it would stand a strong shot at a nomination along with Zootopia, Moana, and The Red Turtle (if it gets a qualifying release — if not that then maybe Finding Dory but 3 Disney nominees sounds like a tall order).

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: The Little Prince (2015) no contender?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.