The Official THE GAMBLER Thread (Wahlberg, Larson, Goodman & Lange; 12/25/14; Paramount)

Home // Forums // Movies // The Official THE GAMBLER Thread (Wahlberg, Larson, Goodman & Lange; 12/25/14; Paramount)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Phoenix LOVE.
    Topics:
    Words Count
    Topics:

Seventh nomination. She may become the first person to win two supporting Oscars alongside her lead one.

ReplyCopy URL
    TomHardys
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m fully supporting a Lange’s big comeback to the Oscar talks. I would love for her to become a third-time Oscar winner!

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

I hope this continues to push Brie Larson to bigger things. She was Oscar worthy in ‘Short Term 12’.

ReplyCopy URL
    Smileynate
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope this continues to push Brie Larson to bigger things. She was Oscar worthy in ‘Short Term 12’.

Thank you for acknowledging that someone besides JL is in this movie. 🙂 

ReplyCopy URL
    Pavel Romanov
    Topics:

This is a remake of James Caan movie of which almost no one remebers (because it wasn’t that good). I think Jessica is going to need better material than this for anothoer Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m excited! I want to see Lange in more films. I hope the role is great for her!  

ReplyCopy URL
    Actriz
    Participant
    Topics:

Great cast, great writer, great director. Too bad the source material puts me to sleep faster than ambien.

ReplyCopy URL
    DominicCobb
    Participant
    Topics:

Great writer and director. I also love Marky Mark (when he’s doing quality films) so this is nice to see. Also Brie Larson’s good in everything I’ve seen her in, and I’ve heard great things about Short Term 12. 

ReplyCopy URL
    GraysWay
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, I see on IMDB that the release date is January 23rd of 2015, which means it will premiere THE EXACT DAY that the SAG Awards ballots are due!  How do you guys think this will strategically play out?

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

Unless it’s getting a limited release in December to qualify for this year, then not well.

ReplyCopy URL
    GraysWay
    Participant
    Topics:

Unless it’s getting a limited release in December to qualify for this year, then not well.

Does it have to be released in the 2014 year to be competitive at the awards?   

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

Yes, otherwise it’ll be competitive for 2015’s awards (which will be held in 2016 when it’ll be all but forgotten about by then with that January release date).

ReplyCopy URL
    GraysWay
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, otherwise it’ll be competitive for 2015’s awards (which will be held in 2016 when it’ll be all but forgotten about by then with that January release date).

Good LORD!  I can see having one film stumble with the release date, but to have 2???  That blows my mind!  “The Gambler” finished shooting at least 2 months ago, as well.  It wouldn’t be a situation if she didn’t state that she would only do a few more films before she retired… 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

Yeah… That’s no bueno. Hopefully IMDB is either wrong or that release date gets bumped up.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
Reply To: The Official THE GAMBLER Thread (Wahlberg, Larson, Goodman & Lange; 12/25/14; Paramount)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.