Can’t seem to find a best picture thread so I’ll create one of my own to comment on this year’s films which have the most Oscar-friendly producers (by title alpabetically)…
1) August: Osage County – With 5 people receiving credit on IMDb as producers on this film it remains to be seen which of them will receive the nomination if the film receives a best picture nod. George Clooney has a perfect 1/1 record when nominated as a producer of a best picture nominee, Grant Heslov 1/2 and Harvey Weinstein also 1/2.
2) Captain Phillips – Boasts a powerhouse lineup of producers – Dana Brunetti (0/1), Michael De Luca (0/2) and Scott Rudin (1/5).
3) Inside Llewyn Davis – The Coen brothers have won 1 of their 4 nominations in this category; they’re joined on this one again by Scott Rudin (1/5).
4) The Monuments Men – Clooney and Heslov again, this time on their own. I’m guessing either they aren’t promoted as producers on A:OC or that this film doesn’t get released this year (Sony/Columbia may have enough on their plate this year with Captain Phillips and American Hustle. The presence of the latter makes me believe that Foxcatcher could be delayed until 2014 as well, so that producer Megan Ellison doesn’t end up competing with herself).
5) Rush – Another powerful production team, including Eric Fellner (0/4), Brian Grazer (1/3), Ron Howard (1/2) and Brian Oliver (0/1). Again IMDb lists 5 producers so it’s anybody’s guess at this point as to which of them would receive the nomination if the film makes the best picture lineup.