Home Forums Movies The Walk (2015)

The Walk (2015)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s a big day in a big week for new trailers.

This time, The Walk, the latest by Robert Zemeckis starring Joseph Gordon Levitt. 

The film will be released in October. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBicCZG4vg0   

Warning: may not be suitable for those with a fear of heights…

AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Based on the trailer, that accent of Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s is award winning in its own right.

But, I can’t tell if that award is an Oscar, or a Razzie.  

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

New York Film Festival To Open With Robert Zemeckis 3D Philippe Petit World Trade Center Thriller ‘The Walk’

by Mike Fleming Jr    June 4, 2015 9:59am

The Film Society of Lincoln Center has selected The Walk to open the 53rd New York Film Festival on September 25 at Alice Tully Hall. The Robert Zemeckis-directed film stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt as as Philippe Petit, the French aerial artist who in 1974 walked a tightrope strung between the Twin Towers. This is a statement film for Tom Rothman, the Sony Pictures Motion Picture Group chairman who made The Walk his first major picture when he revived the TriStar label. While he ran Fox, Rothman premiered the Ang Lee-directed Life Of Pi as the Opening Night Gala in 2012. It was an ideal showcase for a daring film — the 3D quality was superb — that went on to gross $609 million worldwide. It won four Oscars including Best Director for Lee, who is currently making Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk for TriStar. It also turned out to be Rothman’s final major film before leaving the studio.

The Walk becomes the second 3D film to open the Gotham festival after Life Of Pi, and it will be the second recent appearance at the festival for Zemeckis since he returned to live action filmmaking with Flight, which closed the 2012 festival/ The PG-rated The Walk will reach 3D and IMAX 3D on October 2, 2015.

The Walk is surprising in so many ways,” said New York Film Festival director and Selection Committee chair Kent Jones. “First of all, it plays like a classic heist movie in the tradition of The Asphalt Jungle or Bob le flambeur — the planning, the rehearsing, the execution, the last-minute problems — but here it’s not money that’s stolen but access to the world’s tallest buildings. It’s also an astonishing re-creation of Lower Manhattan in the ’70s. And then, it becomes something quite rare, rich, mysterious… and throughout it all, you’re on the edge of your seat.”

Zemeckis said he was “extremely honored and grateful that our film has been selected to open the 53rd New York Film Festival. The Walk is a New York story, so I am delighted to be presenting the film to New York audiences first. My hope is that Festival audiences will be immersed in the spectacle, but also to be enraptured by the celebration of a passionate artist who helped give the wonderful towers a soul.”

Rothman called The Walk “a love letter to the Twin Towers, which through the unique magic of cinema, come back to vibrant, inspiring life. But it is also a universal story of the determined pursuit of impossible dreams, told by one of our greatest living filmmakers, and the NYFF has always been a place where such dreams come true.”

Gordon-Levitt stars with Ben Kingsley, James Badge Dale, Ben Schwartz, Steve Valentine, Charlotte Le Bon, Clement Sibony, Caesar Domboy and Benedict Samuel. Zemeckis & Christopher Browne adapted the script from Petit’s memoir To Reach the Clouds. Steve Starkey, Zemeckis, and Jack Rapke produced.

As studios try to find the right festival to launch fall films with award season ambitions, the New York Film Festival opening night slot has become an increasingly important prestige venue. Here are the recent opening nighters:

2014 Gone Girl (David Fincher, U.S.)

2013 Captain Phillips (Paul Greengrass, U.S.)

2012 Life of Pi (Ang Lee, U.S.)

2011 Carnage (Roman Polanski, France/Poland)

2010 The Social Network (David Fincher, U.S.)

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

I am so freaking ready for this. If anyone has seen the “Man on Wire” documentary, you would feel the same way. Its a plus they got Joseph Gordon Levitt to start in it. I have a horrible fear of heights so the trailer made me shake. Haha. Not sure how I am going to do with a full movie.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

The new trailer: http://youtu.be/eKSeSX-dzso

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I am so freaking ready for this. If anyone has seen the “Man on Wire” documentary, you would feel the same way. Its a plus they got Joseph Gordon Levitt to start in it. I have a horrible fear of heights so the trailer made me shake. Haha. Not sure how I am going to do with a full movie.

Same! Although, I’m not afraid of heights per say.

Zemeckis, JGL, that’s a combination that’ll get me in the theatre.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

One of my most anticipated films this year! I think people are undermining Levitt’s chances 

ReplyCopy URL
    FilmGuy619
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubt whether I’ll see it in theaters. Not because it looks terrible. It actually looks promising. But I fear I might get vertigo if I saw it on a big screen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

I doubt whether I’ll see it in theaters. Not because it looks terrible. It actually looks promising. But I fear I might get vertigo if I saw it on a big screen.

That’s what I’m worried about as well. I’m probably going to see it in theaters, but I hope that I’ll be able to handle it.

ReplyCopy URL
    DominicCobb
    Participant
    Topics:

Quite excited. Saw Man on Wire and there’s a lot of potential here. JGL’s star has been rising and it’s only a matter of time before he gets nominated. A good chance this does it (better chance this than Oliver Stone’s Snowden, the other Best Documentary related feature he’s starring in). By the way, to anyone worried about his accent, it sounds exactly like Petit.

Also this might be one of the few films I will actively try to see in 3D. 

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

I am not sure how I will do with this movie. I am very happy though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Noé
    Participant
    Topics:

Hope this year be as big as potentially could be for Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Man, he deserve it.

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Joseph has had a good run in the last 7 years which can be a plus. To top it off, they got Robert Zemeckis to direct who has directed/create some great films like Forest Gump, Cast Away (my favorite), Flight, Real Steel, Thirteen Ghost (haha), the iconic Who Framed Roger the Rabbit. He has had some flops but overall, I think he is a pretty good director. I can see some nominations for cinematography, film eiditing and Picture. Hahaha. You guys don’t understand how much I love “Man on Wire”.

ReplyCopy URL
    twenty
    Participant
    Topics:

This is Awesome!! The trailer really excited me for whats coming. Robert Zemeckis + JGL + the heist vibe =WOW.Hope this one just nails it !(save JGL’s feet).

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
Reply To: The Walk (2015)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.