Home Forums Movies Top 10 Films of 2015: Share your lists here!

Top 10 Films of 2015: Share your lists here!

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Marcus Dixon
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Here is my (current) list of the Top 10 Films of 2015. I may update it over the next couple weeks as I see more movies. What are YOUR favorite films of the year? Share them here!

1. “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”
    2. “The Revenant”
    3. “Room”
    4. “Inside Out”
    5. “The Hateful Eight”
    6. “The Martian”
    7. “Bridge of Spies”
    8. “Joy”
    9. “Steve Jobs”
    10. “The Good Dinosaur”

Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

Still have to see The Hateful Eight and The Diary of a Teenage Girl. Otherwise, I feel pretty confident in this as my Top 10.

1) Mad Max: Fury Road
    2) Carol
    3) Ex Machina
    4) Inside Out
    5) The Look of Silence
    6) Brooklyn
    7) Mistress America
    8) Tangerine
    9) The Duke of Burgundy
    10) Spotlight

ReplyCopy URL
    kaneki
    Participant
    Topics:

1.Phoenix
    2.Ex machina
    3.Inside out
    4.Max mad
    5.The assassin
    6.Spy
    7.Love and mercy
    8.The gift
    9.Youth
    10.Trainwreck

ReplyCopy URL
    manakamana
    Participant
    Topics:
    1. About Elly (Asghar Farhadi)
    2. Carol (Todd Haynes)
    3. Taxi (Jafar Panahi)
    4. World of Tomorrow (Don Hertzfeldt)
    5. Arabian Nights (Miguel Gomes)
    6. Phoenix (Christian Petzold)
    7. Son of Saul (László Nemes) 
    8. Timbuktu (Abderrahmane Sissako)
    9. Tangerine (Sean Baker)
    10. A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence (Roy Andersson) 
    ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I will not reveal mine until after I release the winners of the Tyler’s Choice Awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teproc
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, bearing in mind many Oscarsy films have yet to come out here (France), such as The Revenant, Spotlight, Room, Carol etc…

1) The Martian (Ridley Scott)
    2) Victoria (Sebastian Schipper)
    3) Umimachi Diary (Hirokazu Kore-eda)
    4) Taxi (Jafar Panahi)
    5) La glace et le ciel (Luc Jacquet)
    6) Ex Machina (Alex Garland)
    7) Mustang (Deniz Gamze Ergüven)
    8) Mon roi (Maïwenn)
    9) L’hermine (Christian Vincent)
    10) Vingt et une nuits avec Pattie (Arnaud & Jean-Marie Larrieu)

Timbuktu is 2014 according to IMDB, would be 5 here otherwise.

ReplyCopy URL
    benbraddock
    Participant
    Topics:

I just need to see The Hateful Eight, but I hate Tarantino
    films , so I dont think it will factor in or change my 10 Best list.

1. STEVE JOBS
    2. JOY
    3. BROOKLYN
    4. BEASTS OF NO NATION
    5. THE DANISH GIRL
    6. SPOTLIGHT
    7. ROOM
    8. THE MARTIAN
    9. BRIDGE OF SPIES
    10.THE BIG SHORT

Honorable mention
    45 Years, Youth, Son Of Saul, The Revenant, Star Wars

ReplyCopy URL
    JOHN
    Topics:
    1. Mad Max: Fury Road 
    2. Sicario 
    3. Creed 
    4. The Martian 
    5. Star Wars The Force Awakens 
    6. Ex Machina 
    7. 45 Years
    8. Straight Outta Campton 
    9. The Revenant 
    10. Macbeth 
    ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Subject to change as I see more films from 2015 – I have yet to see The Big Short, 45 Years, The Hateful Eight, Beasts of No Nation….

10. (tie) Bad (Serial) Weddings – this French film from 2015 showed up at a film festival and was the funniest and best comedy of the year! Hilarious! Christian Claver gave the best male comedic performance of th eyear – irreverant and side-spllitingly funny – recommend seeing it with a full audience!

10. The Martian – not usually a fan of sci-fi movies, I loved this one! A great central performance, great visual effects, comedy-drama, great production design, I was enthralled throught the movie.

9. Steve Jobs – great acting ensemble, terrific full-throttled perf by Michael Fassbender, an unexptedted rich perf by Jeff Daniels, great script, direction, and I esp. loved the 3 girls who played his daughter. Kate Winslet was great too!

8. Creed – didn’t care for the original Rocky, not a big boxing film fan, but this one is great! Loved the working class milieu, Ryan Coogler and Michael B Jordan make a fomidable team, Tessa Thompson, and esp. an understated thoughtful Sylvester Stallone, in the best perf of his career. Fantastic editing & camerawork, great score, a real winner!

7. Love & Mercy – touching portrait of mental illness, and fascinating look at the creation of music, with superb perfs by Paul Dano, John Cusack, Elizabeth Banks and Paul Giamatti. Bill Pohlad is a director to watch. Really moving!

6. Carol – Todd Haynes returns with a truly remarkable adaptation of The Price of Salt by Patricia Highsmith – two great lead perfs (Blanchett and Mara) and a terrific supporting cast, beautiful production design, costumes, score and script. Haynes best film ever!

5. Trumbo – Jay Roach’s wonderful ode to the last gasp of the golden age of Hollywood, a look at the blacklist, with a great ensemble cast led by Bryan Cranston who delivers a phenomenal performance. Diane Lane matches him as his wife, Helen Mirren is fun as Hedda Gabler, and esp. the actors who play Kirk Douglas and Otto Preminger are so spot on it’s scary! I love this movie!!!

4. The Danish Girl – the critics got this one wrong, it’s emotionally rich, superbly designed (esp. love the score), and has two glorious central perfs by Eddie Redmayne and Alicia Vikander, who is unexpectedly the heart & soul of the movie as Einar/Lilli’s wife. Tom Hooper’s direction is paticulary fantastic.

3. Amy – I didn’t see all of the great documentaries this year due to poor distribution making them hard to see, but I was so incredibly moved by Amy Winehouse’s story. I didn’t know much about her or her music and now I am a huge posthumous fan. This portrait of addiction, esp. love addiction, was the most emotionally shattering film I saw this year.

2. Spotlight – o.k., i was involved in a way (I was one of the altar boys, in my case the priest attempted to molest but I ran for the hills), so this film hit too close to home. It was nevertheless haunting, beautiful, brilliantly directed, written and produced – the cast were all superb but esp. Mark Ruffalo and Rachel McAdams. Touching and emotionally satisfying. I’ve also been at almost every single place this film was filmed!

1. Room – this movie changed the way I looked at the world. Perfect direction by Lenny Abrahamson, the best male child actor performance I have ever seen delivered by 8 (now 9) year old Jacob Tremblay, Brie Larson’s terrific turn as his victimized mother, and a strong supporting cast (esp. Joan Allen and Tom McCamus) – this film could have been too claustrophobic, but the director, editor, and cinematographer kept the film visually and emotionally interesting throughout. just beautiful!!!

Lots of honorable mentions: Brooklyn, Woman In Gold, 45 Years, The Easy Way Out, Elle l’adore, The Clearstream Affair, Next Time I’ll Aim For The Heart, I’ll See You In My Dreams, The Lady In The Van, Mr. Holmes, 99 Homes, Clouds Of Sils Maria, Saint Laurent, Yves Saint Laurent, Inside Out, Truth, Bridge Of Spies, The Chef’s Wife, Testament of Youth, Trainwreck, The Diary Of A Teenage Girl, Me & Earl & The Dying Girl, Legend, Time Out Of Mind, Hippocrates, Wild Life, In the Name of My Daughter … I’m sure there are others I have forgotten (a really fine French film that starred Leila Bekhti that I can’t remember the name of it).

ReplyCopy URL
    FilmGuy619
    Participant
    Topics:

Haven’t seen Hateful Eight, The Revenant, Son of Saul, 45 Years, or Anomalisa yet. So here is my top 10 list as of now:

10. (Tie) Kingsman: The Secret Service- The biggest surprise I’ve seen all year. The film is packed with action, wit, and heart and a star is born in Taron Egerton. 

10. (Tie) Spy- Perhaps the funniest movie I’ve seen all year. After a minor hiccup with Tammy, Melissa McCarthy immediately returns to form with her career-best work accompanied by scene-stealing work from Jason Statham and of course, Rose Byrne. Lord, she was a riot in this! Everyone was and it shows how men and women can be funny together.

9. Ex Machina- A subtle yet intellectual piece of science fiction about the battle of the sexes but with a Turing test. 

8. The Martian- A return to form for Ridley Scott that had me smiling by the time the credits rolled. 

7. Sicario- A haunting and challenging film watching experience packed with visceral filmmaking and tremendous acting from the main cast.

6. Spotlight- Probably one of the scarier movies I’ve seen this year. No other film this year had me feeling such anger and disgust towards humanity than this movie did and yet it mainly consists of journalists going around asking questions. Amazing.

5. Mad Max: Fury Road- It proves that summer blockbusters can be entertaining as well as an aesthetic, cinephilic exercise.

4. Star Wars: The Force Awakens- It made me feel like I was watching the original movies and I loved that. It’s both a love letter to the original and the passing of the torch to a new generation.  

3. Inside Out- Pixar’s absolute best work in years.  

2. Brooklyn- Another pleasant surprise. I never thought a male like myself would fall head over heels in love with a period romance. But I certainly am in love with this movie. 

1. Room- Not just the best movie of the year, but one of the best of the decade. It is emotionally raw but an ultimately rewarding film watching experience. It is both a kidnapping story and the demonstration of the power of a mother’s unconditional love. Few films have left me as speechless as this one did. 

ReplyCopy URL
    SupaDupa Fly
    Participant
    Topics:

Creed
    Sicario
    Straight Outta Compton
    Beast Of No Nation
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    MacBeth
    Spotlight
    Mad Max: Fury Road

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

1) Spotlight: Only movie about jurnalism that has ever made me go “WOW”.

2) Star Wars the Force Awakens: Loved it.

3) Minions and Brooklyn (Tied): Both just captivate me.

4) Inside Out and the Big Short (tied): Both just had such a unique plot and executed so well.

5) Bridge of Spies and Spy (tied): “Bridge of Spies” was so well crafted and acted. “Spy” was just hysterical.

6) Mad Max: Fury Road: Loved this movie.

7) Danny Collins: The big surprise of the year for me.

8) Kingsman: the Secret Service: I expected it to be good but it wowed me.

9) The Martian: Loved the book but liked the movie ten times better.

10) Jurassic World: Dinosaurs on a rampage. Hells yes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

My favorite so far is “Spy”. I’ll release my list if I’ve seen all films.

ReplyCopy URL
    Cheshire
    Participant
    Topics:

I have alot to catch up on and I mean it. (Updated, I lost count)
       1. Inside Out (5/5)
       2. Joy (5/5)
       3. Spy (5/5)
       4. Bridge of Spies (5/5)
       5. Mad Max: Fury Road (5/5)
       6. Room (5/5)
       7. The Martian (4.5/5)
       8. Far From the Maddening Crowd (4.5/5)
       9. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part II (4.5/5)
     10. Amy (4.5/5)

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Inside Out
    2. The Gift
    3. Me, Earl and the Dying Girl
    4. Mad Max: Fury Road

5. What We Do in the Shadows
    6. Ex Machina
    7. Kingsman: The Secret Service

8. Spy
    9. Labyrinth of Lies
    10. Brooklyn

Hon. Mention: Room 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.