Home Forums Movies “Tully” (Jason Reitman, 2018)

“Tully” (Jason Reitman, 2018)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Pulp
Stegeo
DaKardii
  • Ron Loyola
    Participant
    Topics:

Trailer: https://youtu.be/e5D3O4yCmCg

This looks really good, particularly Theron and Davis.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s already some reviews out for this. Seems like it won’t be as good as Juno, but better than Young Adult. Most of the reviews are highlighting Theron’s performance so I’m sure she’ll be great.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

but better than Young Adult

I liked that, it had some trash moments, but it was ok, well Theron’s performance saved the film overall, but still it wasn’t a bad film, or I guess I’m trash when it comes to critiquing a film.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I liked that, it had some trash moments, but it was ok, well Theron’s performance saved the film overall, but still it wasn’t a bad film, or I guess I’m trash when it comes to critiquing a film.

I like Young Adult too, but it wasn’t great just good imo. It still got positive reviews so I think most people like it. Theron was great, I would not have minded her being nominated for it at all.

ReplyCopy URL
    DaKardii
    Participant
    Topics:

I saw it at a screening at the Miami Film Festival on March 9.

Personally, I believe that the only chances it has at the Oscars is Mackenzie Davis for Best Supporting Actress.

It’s not happening for Best Picture, Best Director, or Best Original Screenplay. Although there’s plenty of room for laughs that could easily land the film in the Best Comedic Picture slot at the Golden Globes, there are some issues with the third act that likely will disqualify the film from Oscar nominations in those categories.

As for Theron for Best Actress, that’s definitely not happening. I found her performance underwhelming.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.