Home Forums Movies Tyler’s Choice Stinker Awards 2014 (NOMINEES ANNOUNCED)

Tyler’s Choice Stinker Awards 2014 (NOMINEES ANNOUNCED)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I decided to give you guys a belated Christmas gift and announce my picks for worst of the year early! I contemplated having a longlist, but decided against it as it was a bit of a chore to make. But here are they are, the worst in film for the year 2014 according to me! I hope you enjoy reading!

Worst Picture

• Horrible Bosses 2 (Brett Ratner, Jay Stern & John Morris)
    • Let’s Be Cops (Luke Greenfield & Simon Kinberg)
    • A Million Ways to Die in the West (Seth MacFarlane, Scott Stuber & Jason Clark)
    • Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Robert Rodriguez, Aaron Kaufman & Mark Manuel)
    • Transformers: Age of Extinction (Don Murphy, Tom DeSanto, Ian Bryce & Lorenzo di Bonaventura)

(Just missed: The Best of Me, A Haunted House 2, I, Frankenstein, The Nut Job, Winter’s Tale

Worst Director

• Sean Anders – Horrible Bosses 2
    • Michael Bay – Transformers: Age of Extinction
    • Luke Greenfield – Let’s Be Cops
    • Seth MacFarlane – A Million Ways to Die in the West
    • Robert Rodriguez & Frank Miller – Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

(Just missed: Darren Aronofsky – Noah, Ben Falcone – Tammy, Tim Story – Ride Along)

Worst Actor

• Nicolas Cage – Left Behind
    • Kevin Hart – Ride Along
    • Seth MacFarlane – A Million Ways to Die in the West
    • Adam Sandler – Blended
    • Mark Wahlberg – Transformers: Age of Extinction

(Just missed: Colin Farrell – Winter’s Tale, Jake Johnson – Let’s Be Cops, Arnold Schwarzenegger – Sabotage)

Worst Actress

• Drew Barrymore – Blended
    • Cameron Diaz – Sex Tape
    • Megan Fox – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    • Melissa McCarthy – Tammy
    • Michelle Monaghan – The Best of Me

(Just missed: Jessica Brown Findlay – Winter’s Tale, Diane Keaton – And So it Goes, Shailene Woodley – Divergent)

Worst Sup. Actor

• Dane DeHaan – The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    • Liam Neeson – A Million Ways to Die in the West
    • Will Smith – Winter’s Tale
    • Kiefer Sutherland – Pompeii
    • Stanley Tucci – Transformers: Age of Extinction

(Just missed: Ice Cube – Ride Along, Brendan Fraser – The Nut Job, Jason Sudeikis – Horrible Bosses 2)

Worst Sup. Actress

• Jessica Alba – Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
    • Jennifer Aniston – Horrible Bosses 2
    • Nicki Minaj – The Other Woman
    • Nicola Peltz – Transformers: Age of Extinction
    • Sarah Silverman – A Million Ways to Die in the West

(Just missed: Lady Gaga – Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, Susan Sarandon – Tammy, Kate Winslet – Divergent)

Worst Original Screenplay

• Blended (Clare Sera & Ivan Menchell)
    • Let’s Be Cops (Luke Greenfield & Nicholas Thomas)
    • A Million Ways to Die in the West (Seth MacFarlane, Alec Sulkin & Wellesley Wild)
    • Ride Along (Greg Coolidge, Jason Mantzoukas, Phil Hay & Matt Manfredi)
    • Tammy (Ben Falcone & Melissa McCarthy)

(Just missed: Into the Storm, Ouija, Sex Tape)

Worst Adapted Screenplay

• The Best of Me (Will Fetters & J. Miles Goodloe)
    • Horrible Bosses 2 (Sean Anders, John Morris, John Francis Daley & Jonathan Goldstein)
    • The Legend of Hercules (Daniel Giat, Giulio Steve, Renny Harlin & Sean Hood)
    • Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Frank Miller)
    • Transformers: Age of Extinction (Ehren Kruger)

(Just missed: Dracula Untold, A Haunted House 2, Maleficent)

Worst Animated or Kiddie Film

• Legends of Oz: Dorothy’s Return (Will Finn & Dan St. Pierre)
    • The Nut Job (Peter Lepeniotis)
    • Planes: Fire & Rescue (Roberts Gannaway)

(Just missed: Annie, Paddington, Tarzan 3D)

Worst Onscreen Couple or Team

• Kevin Hart & Ice Cube – Ride Along
    • Jake Johnson & Damon Wayans, Jr. – Let’s Be Cops
    • James Marsden & Michelle Monaghan – The Best of Me
    • Jason Segel & Cameron Diaz – Sex Tape
    • Mark Wahlberg & Nicola Peltz or Jack Raynor – Transformers: Age of Extinction

(Just missed: Melissa McCarthy & Susan Sarandon – Tammy, Adam Sandler & Drew Barrymore – Blended, Any Turtle & Megan Fox – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

Worst Editing

• Dracula Untold (Richard Pearson)
    • I, Frankenstein (Marcus D’Arcy)
    • Let’s Be Cops (Bill Pankow & Jonathan Schwartz)
    • A Million Ways to Die in the West (Jeff Freeman)
    • Transformers: Age of Extinction (William Goldenberg, Roger Barton & Paul Rubell)

(Just missed: The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Transcendence, Winter’s Tale)

Worst Cast Ensemble

• Horrible Bosses 2 (Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, Jason Sudeikis, Jennifer Aniston, Chris Pine, Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz & Kevin Spacey)
    • Let’s Be Cops (Damon Wayans, Jr., Jake Johnson, Rob Riggle, Nina Dobrev, Keegan-Michael Key, James D’Arcy & Andy Garcia)
    • A Million Ways to Die in the West (Seth MacFarlane, Charlize Theron, Neil Patrick Harris, Amanda Seyfried, Giovanni Ribisi, Sarah Silverman & Liam Neeson)
    • SIn City: A Dame to Kill For (Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba, Josh Brolin, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Rosario Dawson, Bruce Willis, Powers Boothe, Eva Green, Dennis Haysbert & Lady Gaga)
    • Transformers: Age of Extinction (Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammer, Nicola Peltz, Jack Raynor, Titus Welliver, T.J. Miller, Peter Cullen, Ken Watanabe & John Goodman)

(Just missed: The Expendables 3, A Haunted House 2, The Nut Job)

Worst Remake, Rip-off or Sequel

• Horrible Bosses 2
    • A Million Ways to Die in the West (rip-off of Blazing Saddles)
    • The Nut Job (rip-off of Over the Hedge and other such animated films)
    • Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
    • Transformers: Age of Extinction

(Just missed: The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Dumb and Dumber To, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

I will be revealing the winners in a week or so!

Cheshire
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Let’s Be Cops win everything.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

^ I’m gonna need some more time to think about who will win, but yeah Let’s Be Cops was pretty bad!

ReplyCopy URL
    TomHardys
    Participant
    Topics:

Jamie Foxx was way worse than Dane DeHaan in TASM2.

ReplyCopy URL
    Manuel Colon
    Participant
    Topics:

Lady Gaga didn’t even have a minute of screentime in Sin City….

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Jamie Foxx was way worse than Dane DeHaan in TASM2.

To me, Foxx was half and half. Some parts of him was good and others weren’t. I blame more the writing on that part. I originally wasn’t even going to nominate DeHaan at first, but after thinking about it, and again maybe this was more to blame on the film’s overall writing, and this was an afterthought after I saw the film, I realized how miscast Dane DeHaan was in the role. I like DeHaan as an actor, but I think that he was totally scuandered in that role. Both of the designs of DeHaan and Foxx in the film were strong, and while Foxx was actually to me not bad, I blame more of the stupid juggling act of trying to make people root for the hero but have sympathy for the villain because after his transformation all he needed was a little attention. DeHaan on the other hand just kinda drove me up the wall.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Lady Gaga didn’t even have a minute of screentime in Sin City….

Yeah, that one was a bit of a stretch. She was on the fringe of getting a nomination along with fellow “just missed” Jessica Alba and was having a difficult time thinking of who to occupy that fifth slot. My overall hatred of the Sin City sequel followed by the fact that I wanted to make up for missing a nomination for her last year for Machete Kills made me choose her, but I may change that between now and when I choose the winners in a week’s time. That’s the great thing about making these awards is that I can change them if I see more films/if I feel like it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ken Bendor
    Topics:

TomHardys and Manuel Colon are right on the money; suggesting Rob Reiner (And So It Goes) and Ryan Gage (the Jar Jar Binks of Hobbit 3) in lieu of DeHaan & Neeson, and Imogen Poots (That Awkward Moment/Need for Speed) instead of Gaga/Alba…

ReplyCopy URL
    OnTheAisle
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC

Dumb and Dumber To

Bad Johnson

ReplyCopy URL
    Ryan Lapierre
    Participant
    Topics:

These are some good nominations. I’m so glad to see the Transformers hate.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

These are some good nominations. I’m so glad to see the Transformers hate.

Wow! Someone who actually had GOOD things to say about my nominations! Thank you. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

Im not even gonna begin to question (again) why the hate For Dane Dehaan’s goblin, but ok, now I did it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

After giving some time to sleep on it, I decided to change Lady Gaga’s nomination with Jessica Alba.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ken Bendor
    Topics:

Pretty solid Stinkers list this year, I must say (the “snubbing” of Ryan Gage excepted- he’s Jar Jar-level AWFUL, I tell ya!). Three things to point out, though- 1) You realize Paddington will not be released until next month (Jan. 2015), therefore making it ineligible for 2014, 2) Do you REALLY think Kate Winslet is a worse actress than Imogen Poots, who stunk in 2 roles this year (shades of Jennifer Lawrence over Kate Hudson in 2012)? 3) Would you consider having 2 separate categories for Worst Remake/Reboot and Sequel? That way you could (conceivably) have Annie, Endless Love, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, RoboCop, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for Worst Remake/Reboot…along with The Expendables 3, A Haunted House 2, The Hobbit: Enough Already!, Horrible Bosses 2, and Transformers: AoE for Worst Sequel.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Pretty solid Stinkers list this year, I must say (the “snubbing” of Ryan Gage excepted- he’s Jar Jar-level AWFUL, I tell ya!). Three things to point out, though- 1) You realize Paddington will not be released until next month (Jan. 2015), therefore making it ineligible for 2014, 2) Do you REALLY think Kate Winslet is a worse actress than Imogen Poots, who stunk in 2 roles this year (shades of Jennifer Lawrence over Kate Hudson in 2012)? 3) Would you consider having 2 separate categories for Worst Remake/Reboot and Sequel? That way you could (conceivably) have Annie, Endless Love, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, RoboCop, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for Worst Remake/Reboot…along with The Expendables 3, A Haunted House 2, The Hobbit: Enough Already!, Horrible Bosses 2, and Transformers: AoE for Worst Sequel.

First of all, thank you for commenting and voicing your opinions and while The Hobbit is not the strongest film of the year, it’s certainly not the worst in any aspects, including the acting. Also, I am considering Paddington for this year because it is contending this year for Original Song so I made an exception, plus it looks pretty bad, but I could change that. Secondly, I didn’t see any of the films Imogen Poots was in this year, and though I normally love Winslet as an actress, she was so underplayed in Divergent. I expect so much more out of her. Man, do I regret seeing Divergent. Thirdly, I am not really considering to split up the categories any time soon. I believe that they are fine just they way they are.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Tyler’s Choice Stinker Awards 2014 (NOMINEES ANNOUNCED)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.