January 10, 2012 at 7:25 pm #50842
A while back we did a photo gallery with jokes on the Top 10 Reasons the Golden Globes snubbed Melissa McCarthy. Some of the lines were hilarious, some weak.
Now I want to do a similar piece over at Yahoo in the next few days and I want to replace some of the jokes with stronger ones. Do YOU have one? If so, let us use it for the Yahoo piece.
NOTE: The REAL Reason that HFPA snubbed her was because she didn’t show up for their press conference, of course. I’ll make that the top #1 answer, but let’s lead up with our best jokes … Whatcha got
TOP 10 REASONS THE GOLDEN GLOBES SNUBBED MELISSA MCCARTHY –
1. Secretly believe that she and Ricky Gervais are the same person.
3. “Bridesmaids” was good, but it was no “Burlesque.”
4. Muammar Qaddafi once called her his favorite actress.
5. Already has the Oscar sewn up. Does she need a Golden Globe
6. “Mike & Molly” doesn’t air on HBO.
7. Granddaughter of Joseph McCarthy?
8. Another excuse to use underused catchphrase, “Always the bridesmaid…”
9. Confused her with Michele Bachmann.
10. She forgot to thank the Hollywood foreign press in her Emmy speech, damn it!January 10, 2012 at 7:45 pm #50844
50% of the HFPA is Icelandic and they DO NOT like volcano jokes.January 11, 2012 at 8:09 am #50845
You might as well save this thread till they announce the Oscar nominations. I’m predicting high snubbage there.January 11, 2012 at 8:19 am #50846
Probably not. Its in for Original Screenplay and has a VERY good shot for McCarthy. It could even land a BP nom.January 11, 2012 at 9:29 am #50847
After Melissa Leo’s fiasco of a speeches they won’t take any risks anymore and no Melissa will ever be nominated again.
Or they thought that “Samantha Who?” was the peak of her career and she’s never gonna top that.January 11, 2012 at 9:31 am #50848
UMM, I though Melissa McCarthy’s nomination WAS the joke!January 11, 2012 at 9:34 am #50849
Aha, GREAT STUFF, tx, my dear viscious bitches!January 11, 2012 at 9:34 am #50850
Jokes? Geez. Let’s think … I’ll edit this as/if I come up with anything.
I’m guessing that, like her own children, the HPFA just couldn’t get over the sink scene.January 11, 2012 at 9:56 am #50851
The sink held her weight though, did it not?January 11, 2012 at 12:13 pm #50852
The Hollywood FOREIGN Press Association wouldn’t nominate McCarthy’s “all-American girl” character: overweight, knows where the nukes are, and shits in sinks.January 11, 2012 at 7:43 pm #50853
THANK, everybody, for participating. Here are your great jokes at Yahoo:
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.