We’re starting our chat with Marty Scorsese NOW — 5:15 pm ET/ 2:15 pm PT

Home // Forums // Movies // We’re starting our chat with Marty Scorsese NOW — 5:15 pm ET/ 2:15 pm PT

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Tom O’Neil
    Keymaster
    Topics:

HURRY UP AND GO TO THE GOLD DERBY HOME PAGE — We’re chatting live with Marty at 5:15 p.m. ET/ 2:15 pm PT, so please join us. Add your questions and comments in the chatroom and we’ll share the best ones with him live ….

Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Nice, good get.

By the way, I cannot remember you saying it, but most get it wrong, so it is skor-sehh-see, not skor-say-zee.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bill Buchanan
    Topics:

A.
    M.
    A.
    Z.
    I.
    N.
    G.

ReplyCopy URL
    Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

Damn! Now thats A-List! I can’t wait i love him!

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I will definately be watchin that one.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macbeth
    Participant
    Topics:

Where can we submit our questions? Can I submit here? I absolutely love Scorsese (my friend and I are absolutely giddy over the prospect of getting one or two of our questions answered). 

I will just post my questions here, just in case haha:
    I have a few, sorry haha:

(1) The Wolf of Wall Street has gained considerable controversy for glorifying crime. A very similar type of dark humor and seduction was used in Goodfellas. Does Mr. Scorsese make these films with the intention of pointing out the seductive power of criminal activity, or rather just because he enjoys the story of the people on the other side of humanity (also notable in films such as Taxi Driver and The Departed)

(2) Were any films used as direct inspiration for The Wolf of Wall Street? Did Mr. Scorsese draw upon any particular cinematic styles in regards to this film?

(3)  Why was The Wolf of Wall Street made in the style of a dark comedy when Mr. Scorsese is known mainly for his dramatic work? 

Sorry if these are posted in the wrong place. Please let me know if I need to repost them somewhere else.  It would mean a lot to me and Andre (my friend) if one of our questions could be answered 🙂 I don’t know if I’ll be able to watch live (the interview is in the wee hours of the morning), but I will make every effort to watch it! 🙂 Thanks for the opportunity, Tom and everyone! 

ReplyCopy URL
    PJ Edwards
    Participant
    Topics:

I want to know his interpretation of the last shot of the film since we all have out theories. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Macbeth
    Participant
    Topics:

So what time can we expect to see this? 

ReplyCopy URL
    KT
    Topics:

I REALLY HOPE you ask him about his past Oscar history.  How painful was it to lose to so many actors-turned directors??  On their first films no less.

ReplyCopy URL
    KT
    Topics:

Some more ideas:

– Also, his inspirations.  Get him talking about great directors like Alfred Hitchcock (or his favorites Powell and Pressburger), how Vertigo, for example, might have influenced him in this movie.  What about Oliver Stone’s Wall Street?

– Leo DiCaprio, by far his best Scorsese performance.

– The runtime editing process.  Did you always know you were targeting a 3hr runtime?  How do you approach pacing?  It’s very hard to pull off a movie like this for that kind of length.  Does it come down to the script, have you mapped everything out before production, or do you find the film with Thelma?

– Were you interested in Wolf becoming the “most foul-mouthed film of all time” from the get-go?

– I’m also interested what films and filmmakers have really inspired him over the past few years.  He has admitted he doesn’t watch recent movies.  What directors excite him, even if it’s outside of his comfort zone (films by people like Kathryn Bigelow and Michael Haneke)?

– What do you think about Oscar smear campaigns?  It happened to Zero Dark Thirty last year, it’s happening to Wolf of Wall Street.  Does it ruin the integrity of the Oscars?

– Also, why the hell did he choose Jean Renoir’s The River for his top 10 all time list?  Renoir was a fantastic filmmaker, but I wouldn’t rank that one nearly as high as Grand Illusion, Rules of the Game, or A Day in the Country.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tom O’Neil
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Time for our chat with Marty just got bumped to 5:15 p.m. ET/ 2:15 p.m. PT today

ReplyCopy URL
    KT
    Topics:

Two more for Scorsese: When is he going to make a movie about a female lead character?  And when is Silence being filmed?

You can tell I’m a fan lol 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tom O’Neil
    Keymaster
    Topics:

bump

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: We’re starting our chat with Marty Scorsese NOW — 5:15 pm ET/ 2:15 pm PT

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.