Home Forums Movies Which 2015 film character could be spun off into a TV series?

Which 2015 film character could be spun off into a TV series?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Marcus Dixon
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Of the 2015 films you’ve seen so far, does any character stand out so strongly in your mind that they could be spun off into their own weekly TV series? Male or female, lead or supporting, doesn’t matter.

AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Prequel series for Kate Macer from Sicario (Emily Blunt), where we see her rise through the ranks.

Kate and Geoff Mercer from 45 Years. Again a prequel. I feel there is enough backstory referred to in the film to make an equally powerful series.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

It could be fun for an Inside Out TV series. There is a short on the DVD with the lead character preparing for her first date and going through the emotions of her parents meeting him and so on. It’s pretty cute and I think it could work with an episodic structure. 

ReplyCopy URL
    ColinWesley
    Participant
    Topics:

I love that idea KyleBailey

Rich Purnell (Donald Glover) from The Martian, along with the JDL team led by Bruce Ng (Benedict Wong) dealing with the weekly pressures and deadlines handed down by NASA chief Teddy Sanders (Jeff Bridges) as well as…their complicated love lives or something, I dunno.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Bing Bong from Inside Out!

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I love that idea KyleBailey

Rich Purnell (Donald Glover) from The Martian, along with the JDL team led by Bruce Ng (Benedict Wong) dealing with the weekly pressures and deadlines handed down by NASA chief Teddy Sanders (Jeff Bridges) as well as…their complicated love lives or something, I dunno.

I was thinking of a Martian tv series too! Like Sean Bean’s, Jeff Daniels, Donald Glover’s, and Kristen Wiig’s characters being the main focus. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Also Tilda Swinton’s character in Trainwreck would be an amazing television show.

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll See You in My Dreams’ Carol Petersen with her card game friends Georgina, Rona, and Sally as supporting characters.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jaqen H’ghar
    Topics:

Also Tilda Swinton’s character in Trainwreck would be an amazing television show.

THIS. IS. GENIUS! Yes! She’d never do it though. She’s mentioned several times how theatre has always bored her because she gets tired of the repetition. I’m guessing she would feel the same about a series. 

ReplyCopy URL
    benutty
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Funny you ask this question because I finally got a chance to see Spotlight this weekend, and for all of its positives, the film truly feels like an episode in a television series. A lot of people keep saying that it’s the type of film “Hollywood doesn’t make anymore,” without acknowledging that the statement is true mostly because television makes those movies into series now. Not that it’s the same quality as CSI or Law & Order or approach to the genre as The Newsroom, but the procedural, quick-paced, crime-investigative approach to storytelling works well on television. With that said, I could see the Spotlight team being a fantastic limited series like True Detective. New cast, new investigation every season. 

If I had to choose one, single character though–Eilis Lacey from Brooklyn

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree about Spotlight. I would love to see a TV show with a new case each season but the same cast so not really a limited series but just one with a new case every season like they are doing on Murder in the First on TNT 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Which 2015 film character could be spun off into a TV series?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.