Home Forums Movies Which 2015 movies have the most haters … and why?

Which 2015 movies have the most haters … and why?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Marcus Dixon
    Keymaster
    Topics:

No matter how much you may like a movie, chances are there are just as many people who despise it. Which films seem to have the most haters this year … and why?

Anonymous
    Topics:

Joy, and I don’t think it even had a chance.

ReplyCopy URL
    AviChristiaans
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t lie. I was sectretly gunning for JOY to flop. That’s what happens when a film is overhyped to the heavens before it even starts production. The day the film was announced, O Russel fan boys were already singing the “overdue Oscar” hymn and proclaiming it the Best Picture frontrunner. It’s like with David O Russel, his fans try to make his films happen with regards to awards. So you can’t really blame the detractors. I can guarantee you when David O Russel’s next film project gets announced, awards forums will be ablaze with O Russel’s much eluding Oscar. And how he is definitely winning it this time.

ReplyCopy URL
    OnTheAisle
    Participant
    Topics:

For many of us who loved the earlier efforts of Quentin Tarantino, this latest film is a stunning disappointment. The cartoonish violence, the uninspired plot and the fevered racism apparently has fostered a serious backlash.

ReplyCopy URL
    Monty
    Participant
    Topics:

Agree. I hate Joy as well. I really don’t understand why the academy loves David O’Russell so much. His movies are quite overrated. I hate the fact that he recruited Lawrence, Cooper and De Niro in all his recent 3 movies. I hate the fact that he is writing the script for specifically one actor/actress.

ReplyCopy URL
    K-Hole
    Participant
    Topics:

Joy
    The Hateful Eight
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens

All of these films, by ridiculously overrated directors, have been nauseatingly overhyped by fools who don’t realize that “fanboy” is a pejorative.

ReplyCopy URL
    JOHN
    Topics:

I hated JOY, it’s the worst movie of the year. 

ReplyCopy URL
    FilmGuy619
    Participant
    Topics:

I can think of two: Joy and The Danish Girl. But they were hated with good reason as they are both terrible movies. Joy was a mess and The Danish Girl was like watching paint dry. I think before they even filmed, Tom Hooper said that Eddie Redmayne would surely win an Oscar for his performance. Please, his performance was awful. It was so tic-y and unnatural. 

Joy was an example of why you shouldn’t buy into your own hype. David O. Russell figured that if he repeats the same formula: casting the same actors, putting Jennifer Lawrence in a role fit for an actress twice her age, choppy editing, loud performances, etc., he is going to keep creating buzz and he’ll be closer to winning an Oscar. Sorry, David, but better luck next time! 

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah those two have to be the winners. Joy and The Danish Girl. People were hoping praying betting they would be awful and would flop. They sort of got their way on both so now there’s actual reason to hate them. But in reality both movies have plenty of things to admire and when you read the comments from certain people you know they were just predisposed and are hating just for the fun of it. Not giving them a chance at all. 

I’m sure that whatever money Joy ends up making is going to hurt these people because it won’t actually be a flop at all. But at least they can rest happily that it didn’t go as acclaimed as it could’ve gone.  

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

Out off all the film this year, Fantastic 4 has got to be the most hated, But out of all the Oscar films it has got to be The Danish Girl, especially with conservative viewers. I’ve also noticed a bunch of Star Wars fanboys have turned on Mad Max because they want to increase TFA chance of getting into BP

ReplyCopy URL
    Cheshire
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t understand why people want a movie to fail and hope it sucks.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Probably both “Joy” and “The Hafeful 8.” Neither deserve the level of derision they’re received. Lawrence has earned another Oscar nod, and so has Tarantino.

ReplyCopy URL
    GhostOrchid
    Participant
    Topics:

Welcome to the internet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Cheshire
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”TinoPecchia”]

Welcome to the internet.
    [/quote]

True, where the illogical is logical, look at a youtube comment section. 

ReplyCopy URL
    DamianWayne
    Participant
    Topics:

Joy
    Suffragette
    The Danish Girl

Before seeing them I wanted them to be bad because everyone called them frontrunners sight unseen and wouldn’t shut the fuck up about it. And now that I’ve seen all three, they were just as bad as I hoped. Joy and Suffragette, especially, are unwatchable messes that never should have been made.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
Reply To: Which 2015 movies have the most haters … and why?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.