Home Forums Movies Which Original Song from Beauty and the Beast (2017) Has the Best Chance?

Which Original Song from Beauty and the Beast (2017) Has the Best Chance?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
replies
views
users
Tyler The Awe..
Honey
JB
Which Original Song from Beauty and the Beast (2017) Has the Best Chance?
"Days in the Sun"
"How Can A Moment Last Forever"
"Evermore"
  • Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Which original song from the new remake of Beauty and the Beast do you think stands the best chance at this years’ Oscars? All songs are written by Alan Menken and Tim Rice, the former of whom may get his ninth career win, more than any living person, if he wins.

“Days in the Sun” is performed by Adam Mitchell, Stanley Tucci, Ewan McGregor, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Emma Thompson, Audra McDonald, Ian McKellen, Clive Rowe and Emma Watson.

LISTEN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deVaBYbP3WY

“How Does a Moment Last Forever” is performed by Kevin Kline and Emma Watson in the movie and Celine Dion at the end credits and soundtrack.

LISTEN (Dion): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnLsaCLdoMQ
    LISTEN (Kline): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZkNgfvBdY8
    LISTEN (Watson): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3TR-Gfj9Yo

“Evermore” is performed by Dan Stevens in the movie and Josh Groban in the end credits and soundtrack.

LISTEN (Stevens): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPcxqpMbcSg
    LISTEN (Groban): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcsaqIsX-yk

Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve got to wonder if (or perhaps I should say “when”) “Evermore” gets nominated, who will sing it at the Oscars? Dan Stevens or Josh Groban? Because either choice would be good.

ReplyCopy URL
    JB
    Participant
    Topics:

I think both “Evermore” and “How Does a Moment Last Forever” have incredibly good shots at nominations… And if either is nominated, I’m confident Josh Groban and Celine Dion would perform them on the show…
    Ranking their likelihood of a nom:
    1. “Evermore”
    2. “How Does a Moment Last Forever”
    3. “Days in the Sun”

ReplyCopy URL
    Noé
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve got to wonder if (or perhaps I should say “when”) “Evermore” gets nominated, who will sing it at the Oscars? Dan Stevens or Josh Groban? Because either choice would be good.

Either would be good but will be Josh Groban.

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

“How Can A Moment Last Forever” looks angled to be their major contender based off its placement in the final credits, but I guess that could also be because there isn’t a full version of the song featured in the actual film, unlike “Evermore.” “Days in the Sun” is too short and doesn’t add a whole lot – it was an obvious chance for them to recreate “Human Again” from the musical show, but whereas that song is one of the show-stopping moments of the second act, “Days in the Sun” looks like a song put in there just to be a new original song. Of course, the same could be said of “Evermore” replacing “If I Can’t Love Her,” but it’s a critical part of the film and the new original song matches the one it replaced in grandiose terms. I don’t know what this year will bring in terms of other contenders in this category, but I think “HCAMLF” and “Evermore” can both get nominated and Disney will likely shoot hard for that (the next Pixar film “Coco” has music in its storyline, but I don’t think it’s a musical and I’m not sure if it would have any original tunes in competition). As far as a win, if it were hypothetically down to the two of them, “Evermore” makes more of a statement in the film but “HCAMLF” gets sprinkled in throughout the story and its emphasis is really felt at the film’s conclusion with Celine’s version. It’s a dead heat, IMO, but maybe “HCAMLF” takes the edge.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

1. “How Does a Moment Last Forever”“
    2. Evermore”
    3. “Days in the Sun”

ReplyCopy URL
    vndavid
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, first of all. Alan Menken has created a trio of masterpieces. His best work since Disney Renaissance. I don’t want to live in a world that does not nominate at least two of these songs. I don’t think we may listen to other 5 better songs throughout this year.

My bet is that Disney and Menken are going to focus on “Evermore” to guarantee the nomination. The branch loves Menken. So I would say this is a done deal. Anyway, I doubt it will win. Academy prefers more “cool” options these days.

ReplyCopy URL
    Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

All of them if it means we don’t have to nominate the zayn/Taylor swift fifty shades song. Hoping beauty and the beast pulls two song nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    lovelylovely
    Participant
    Topics:

All of them if it means we don’t have to nominate the zayn/Taylor swift fifty shades song

If they nominate that mess of a song and we gotta see Zayn and Swift throughout awards season i’ll aggressively vomit. That song is garbage.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

All of them if it means we don’t have to nominate the zayn/Taylor swift fifty shades song

If they nominate that mess of a song and we gotta see Zayn and Swift throughout awards season i’ll aggressively vomit. That song is garbage.

It’s gonna happen, they are going to nominate it for sure. The Globes are undoubtedly nominating it, but it has a really good chance at the Oscars, sorry to say.

ReplyCopy URL
    Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Not fifty shades of grey scoring Oscar nominations and razzie nominations 2/2 in a row. The twilight author must be crying that this is happening and her movies failed to get 1 nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Evermore will win, How Does A Moment Last Forever will be nominated and I’ll be said the rules prevented a nomination for Days in the Sun.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew D
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Evermore and i cant wait to see Josh preform

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AndrewsArt

Check out my Store.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Neither can I. Josh Groban is a national treasure.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Which Original Song from Beauty and the Beast (2017) Has the Best Chance?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.