February 27, 2016 at 1:19 am #218495
The 2015 Oscar race is coming to an end so it’s time to put ourselves in adventure again and predict who will win in 2017 for Supporting Actress. Who do you think will get it?February 27, 2016 at 2:16 am #218497
They could make up for this year by giving it to Jennifer Jason Leigh for LBJ.February 27, 2016 at 2:21 am #218498
Who is the distributor?February 27, 2016 at 3:34 am #218499
Who is the distributor?
Of LBJ? I have no idea.February 27, 2016 at 4:27 am #218500
I feel like this is the category Viola will win, so I voted for Michelle Williams by default.February 27, 2016 at 6:08 am #218501
It’s time to start hyping Laura Linney. So overdue it hurts.February 27, 2016 at 6:19 am #218502
Annette Bening. I bet she’s praying that Hilary Swank doesn’t have a movie out this year.February 27, 2016 at 10:11 am #218503
Wow so many deserving ladies it’s hard to pick just one.
FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)February 29, 2016 at 4:24 pm #218504
I’m guessing it’s Annette Bening.February 29, 2016 at 4:28 pm #218505
Apparently Kristen Stewart’s performance is just a cameo.
But, who knows?February 29, 2016 at 6:30 pm #218506
It’s time to start hyping Laura Linney. So overdue it hurts.
Agreed. But between her and Bening, who do you think the “overdue” narrative would work more for?February 29, 2016 at 7:51 pm #218507
Benning, the media loved the whole “Swank vs Benning” thing and this will be her fifth nomination: For Linney it would be her fourth. Many actors have won on their fifth nod(Susan Sarandon, Jullianne Moore, and Leo come to mind) so Annette probably has it over Laura if they end up competing against each other. However, it is my impression that Annette is not well liked in the industry, so a loss for her is definitely foreseeable to me. It would be hilarious if it was to Hilary Swank. The media would have a field day!March 1, 2016 at 1:25 am #218508
1. Annette Benning, The 20th Century Woman
2. Michelle Williams, Manchester By the Sea
3. (fraud)Viola Davis, Fences
4. Saoirse Ronan, The Seagull
5. Rachel Weisz, The Light Between Ocean/Deep Water
6. Aunjanue Ellis, The Birth of a Nation
7. Laura Dern, Wilson
8. Laura Linney, Sully
9. Lupita Nyong’o, The Queen of Katwe
10. Felicity Jones, A Monster CallMarch 1, 2016 at 2:17 am #218509
1. Annette Benning in “20th Century Women”
2. Laura Dern in “Sully”
3. Rachel Weisz in “The Light Between the Oceans”
4. Laura Dern in “Wilson”
5. Jennifer Aniston in “The Yellow Birds”
6. Michelle Williams in “Manchester By the Sea”
7. Saiorce Ronan in “The Seagull”
8. Felicity Jones in “A Monster Call”
9. Katey Sagal in “Bledd for This”
10. Aunjanue Ellis in “The Birth of a Nation”March 2, 2016 at 3:37 am #218510
They’re not frauding Viola Davis for Fences in supporting. Girl wants that LEAD Oscar so bad. And she knows she can win it now (3rd nomination in two Oscar-so-White years in a row). Popularity + Semi-Due + Racism.