Home Forums Movies Who Would Have Won? – Best Movie Ensemble of 1994

Who Would Have Won? – Best Movie Ensemble of 1994

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
Andrew Carden
Entertain-me
Tyler The Awe..
  • Entertain-me
    Participant
    Topics:

SAG awards began honoring individual film acting honors in 1994, but didn’t introduce the Ensemble Cast category until the following year.

Who would have won, had their been nominations? 

Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

The Lion King

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like “Four Weddings and a Funeral” actually would’ve won this at SAG. Maybe, just maybe “Bullets Over Broadway” or “Pulp Fiction” though. Not “Forrest Gump.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Nick
    Blocked
    Topics:

Forrest Gump or Pulp Fiction. Pulp was the “cool” vote and Forrest Gump was the sentimental vote. Either could have easily won and deserved it.

ReplyCopy URL
    nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

I would’ve votes for Forrest Gump but my guess is Pulp Fiction would have won. The actors clearly liked it with its three nominations and it has a pretty large cast across the multiple storylines with a healthy mix of respected character actors and big names.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I suspect The Shawshank Redemption would gain more attention for its ensemble than Ed Wood. WIth TIm Robbins, Morgan Freeman, and the overlooked James Whitmore, there certainly was traction for the popular prison drama.

ReplyCopy URL
    Entertain-me
    Participant
    Topics:

OnTheAisle…that’s a good point. However, like Bullets Over Broadway, Ed Wood is a film about Hollywood and a film, most importantly, about actors…albeit, not great ones, mind you…

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

I love “Ed Wood” – it’s one of my all-time favorite films – but it was kind of a flop at the time (beyond Landau’s recognition), so I’m skeptical it would’ve received the Ensemble nom.

ReplyCopy URL
    Entertain-me
    Participant
    Topics:

The same could be said of Trumbo…

ReplyCopy URL
    Jalal Haddad
    Participant
    Topics:

Bullets Over Broadway. The film is about show business, is appealing to actors, and would habe been bvery popular amongs east coast SAG members. The film being directed by Woody Allen probably would have been very appealing to actors in the early 90s. The film received two indicidual SAG nominatiosn that years (and won one) and was nominated for three acting nominations at the Oscars.

The film might not be an obvious choice because it wasn’t a  best picture contender but the beginning of the ensemble award had a lot of unique winners that resonated well with SAG voters but not with Oscar voters (The Full Monty, The Birdcage).

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Part of me is tempted to say Forrest Gump (unfortunately) because of its overperformance at SAG with nominations for both Robin Wright and Sally Field, while Jennifer Tilly did not get a SAG nom for Bullets over Broadway. Nevertheless, Bullets does seem to fit the mold for SAG Ensemble winner more than Forrest Gump does, being about actors and all. I don’t think Pulp Fiction would have won it. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Who Would Have Won? – Best Movie Ensemble of 1994

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.