This is kind of stupid, but I’ll go along the bandwagon of creating gameful threads, so here’s one anyway.
What if the Oscars were held on June 30th, contending films released in the U.S. during the first half of the year (Jan-June, including Limited releases.) Number of nominees can be the standard five. You can post as many categories as you like. Granted many of us haven’t seen many of the films, but try to list out what you think are the bests of the year so far, and also what Oscar might chose.
– The Avengers
– Beasts of the Southern Wild *
– The Hunger Games
– Moonrise Kingdom
– Joss Whedon, The Avengers
– Behn Zeitlin, Beasts of the Southern Wild
– Drew Goddard, The Cabin in the Woods
– Wes Anderson, Moonrise Kingdom *
– Ridley Scott, Prometheus
– Jack Black, Bernie *
– Johnny Depp, Dark Shadows
– Jared Gilman, Moonrise Kingdom
– Jonah Hill, 21 Jump Street
– Ewan McGregor, Salmon Fishing in the Yemen
– Judi Dench, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
– Jennifer Lawrence, The Hunger Games
– Noomi Rapace, Prometheus
– Quvenzhane Wallis, Beasts of the Southern Wild *
– Rachel Weisz, The Deep Blue Sea
– Tom Cruise, Rock of Ages
– Rupert Everett, Hysteria
– Michael Fassbender, Prometheus
– Edward Norton, Moonrise Kingdom *
– Tom Wilkinson, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
– Frances McDormand, Moonrise Kingdom
– Maggie Smith, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
– Michelle Pfeiffer, People Like Us *
– Tilda Swinton, Moonrise Kingdom
– Charlize Theron, Snow White and the Huntsman
|To be relesead on June 27||Beasts of the Southern Wild|
|To be relesead on June 29||Madea’s Witness Protection
People Like Us
Jack Black seems to be a real threat for a oscar nomination.
The films released would NOT be these..
or most of the crap that comes out between
january and June….