Home Forums Movies Will Alejandro G. Inarritu be first since 1950 to win back-to-back Best Director Oscars?

Will Alejandro G. Inarritu be first since 1950 to win back-to-back Best Director Oscars?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Marcus Dixon
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The last time someone won back-to-back Oscars for Best Director was Joseph L. Mankiewicz, who prevailed for “A Letter to Three Wives” (1949) and “All About Eve” (1950). Oscar’s reigning directing champ is Alejandro G. Inarritu for “Birdman,” and he has a heck of a chance of pulling off a repeat victory this year thanks to his visual masterpiece “The Revenant.” What do you think, Derbyites? I just saw it tonight and was gobsmacked. (FYI: the Leo vs. Fassbender question has officially been answered.)

Jalal Haddad
    Participant
    Topics:

Even with all of the praise coming out of the first screening I’m still not convinced Inarritu will receive a nomination. The 2012 proved that the director’s branch follows their own rules and that year they left out two recent winners (Bigelow and Hooper) so that they could welcom in newcomers and underappreciated veteran directors.

ReplyCopy URL
    MrGoodWood
    Participant
    Topics:

I think he’s taking it, but he will have serious competition in Haynes and O. Russell. Personally, I don’t see McCarthy or Ridley Scott coming anywhere near Inarritu.
    Also Paolo Sorrentino is a dark horse. 

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Dobutful. He’s no Speilberg or Scorsese. No one is jumping for the chance to give him another one.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Honestly, I want him to win back to back Oscars (sight unseen obviously since the movie isn’t out yet) but my gut is saying O’Russell will win this if the movie is good.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Dixon
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Thanks guys! You’re all quoted in our new piece. Happy Thanksgiving 🙂

http://www.goldderby.com/news/10966/the-revenant-alejandro-g-inarritu-leonardo-dicaprio-oscars-13579086.html

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Will Alejandro G. Inarritu be first since 1950 to win back-to-back Best Director Oscars?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.