Will this be the first year since 1997 where no biopic performances win?

Home // Forums // Movies // Will this be the first year since 1997 where no biopic performances win?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Actriz
    Participant
    Topics:

This year seems to have three acting categories locked, Moore, Simmons and Arquette, and all of them play fictional characters.

In Best Actor, Michael Keaton appears to be the favorite, especially since he is the only actor nominated who plays a fictional character.

Could this be the first year since 1997 (Nicholson, Hunt, Williams, Basinger) where all of the acting winners portrayed fictional characters? 

DominicCobb
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, probably, and thank god so. There were altogether too many movies this year based on a true story. It will be nice to send a message that says “you know, you can win Oscars for playing fictional people too.”

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope not because I think Redmayne deserves to win a lot more than Michael Keaton. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Renaton
    Topics:

Considering how much they seem to love biopics this year (nominating five of them for BP), I doubt it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ghost
    Topics:

Considering how much they seem to love biopics this year (nominating five of them for BP), I doubt it.

Only 4 are biopics. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Pretty please. 

But 1997 was virtually biopic free in the acting categories (only Judi Dench and Anthony Hopkins) which can hardly be said for this year’s bunch. Then again, it seems like there’s only one category where a biopic performance has a real chance of winning, and that’s Best Actor. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Will this be the first year since 1997 where no biopic performances win?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.