X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) Official Thread

Home // Forums // Movies // X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) Official Thread

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
  • Andrew Eng
    Participant
    Topics:

With 3 major characters (Jean Grey, Cyclops, and Storm) being cast today, I thought the time would be right for a thread.

X-Men: Apocalypse
    Directed by Bryan Singer
    Screenplay by Simon Kinberg, Dan Harris, and Michael Dougherty

Release date: May 27, 2016

Returning cast

Hugh Jackman as Logan/Wolverine

James McAvoy as Charles Xavier/Professor X

Michael Fassbender as Erik Lensherr/Magneto

Jennifer Lawrence as Raven Darkholme/Mystique

Nicholas Hoult as Hank McCoy/Beast

Evan Peters as Peter Maximoff/Quicksilver

New cast

Oscar Isaac as En Sabah Nur/Apocalypse

Sophie Turner as Jean Grey

Tye Sheridan as Scott Summers/Cyclops

Alexandra Shipp as Ororo Munroe/Storm

KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

I am so happy Tye Sheridan has been cast! I can’t wait for this 

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

What about Elizabeth Olsen?

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Eng
    Participant
    Topics:

What about Elizabeth Olsen?

Olsen is playing Scarlet Witch in Avengers: Age of Ultron. The same character has yet to be cast in this film. Her character’s brother, Quicksilver, is played by Evan Peters in the X-Men movies while Aaron Taylor-Johnson plays the role in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

Ohh right, I totally confused both films, but, it is actually pretty confusing lol. Thanks!

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

After watching X-men “Days of Future Pass”, I became more interested in Halle Berry’s Storm. The scene where Store is fighting the Sentinels was probably my favorite part of the movie. When I looked at Storms wikipedia page, I realised the movies did not do Storm justice. Storm is probably the 2nd most powerful behind Jean Grey. This woman can create Hurricanes, Twisters, acid rain, toxic fog , and even seperate hydrogen and oxygen to breathe under water. I do not get how she wasn’t able to stop the Sentinmels.

ReplyCopy URL
    Noé
    Participant
    Topics:

We need to let it go the X-Men franchise. It’s a mess and everytime they try to fix it only get worse. A total disappointment and waste.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

So if you really want to know about X-Men : Apocalypse ( 2016 ) Official
    Thread, then i will tell you that X-Men battle an Ancient, Malevolent
    Force. X-Men : Apocalypse which was Directed by Bryan Singer, will
    Releasing on May 27, 2016 in United States Of America. It will Prequel
    of X-Men : Days Of Future Past. I am sure that it will be really a most
    Entertaining as well as Interesting Movie in Hollywood World, all of us
    had ever watch in our whole life. I am waiting this Movie with a lot of
    Excitement.

ReplyCopy URL
    Leo Grant Logan
    Participant
    Topics:

Bad news guys. So far, X-Men: Apocalypse only has a 52% rating on Rotten Tomatoes! Looks like it joins X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine as among the franchise’s weakest to date!

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Saw it on thursday, it was a bit of a mess, but it had some very exciting scenes, specifically towards the end (no spoilers).

Major issues with Apocalypse like his size (which I didn’t know was already an issue before the movie came out), his makeup, his costume, it all made it seem like this weird guy at Comic Con and not the villain we know him to be. This franchise has major problems with makeup (Storm and her wigs, Hoult’s Beast, Mystique) this one wasn’t the exception with Apocalypse, Mystique and emo Nightcrawler and his ridiculous hair (even if it’s the 80s). Also there are scenes in the movie where Apocalypse is also revealed to be quite the fashion designer and hairdresser, it’s laughable. Oscar Isaac I thought was great, he really did go for the character and knocked it out, but his costume was a miss and took away from the performance. Lawrence (who was half interested and half over it) also had some weird looking makeup and hair in some scenes as Mystique.

The whole film had way too much going on, too many different storylines that might have become one in the end, but for a long stretch of the film it seemed like we were cutting from one scene too the next without any logical flow or sense. Sort of like what happened with Civil War, where during a Captain America film you get a very big scene with Iron Man, Peter Parker and Aunt May…just because.

The big deal with Days of Future Past was that the storyline was reset, changed or whatever, but apparently everybody is still the same, except for the fact that a totally wasted (again!) Jubilee is now a kid in the 80s when before she was a kid in 2000 or 2002 (don’t remember which film she showed up first) and Storm is now african apparently, with an african accent, that will eventually turn into an american accent once this girl turns into Halle Berry. Also a major storyline from the original trilogy is also changed, it looked awesome, but it didn’t fit with the comics or the original films. But I didn’t know this would happen so…no spoilers.

In the end I thought the film was enjoyable, it is an X Men movie, they’re my favorite comic book heroes, but it could’ve been much beter, specially since the last two were quite good. Magneto and Fassbender deserved better, I would’ve liked to see more of Psylocke as I thought Olivia Munn looked incredible, a little less comedy (Quicksilver’s/Peters’ attempt at humor got tiresome), the kids could’ve been better (Turner has never been that great of an actress and it showed in the first half, the second half was better for her), and of course the whole Apocalypse look issue. If your film is all about the first mutant, the biggest mutant/villain ever, make him look right.

There are other things that could make this non-review look better, but it would spoil several parts of the film.

One thing I’ll say is that Gambit doesn’t show up, I thought for sure he would show up somewhere. And there’s a post credit sequence that tells you who the villain for Wolverine 3 will be (why is this movie necessary?), and if this is how Apocalypse looked, then I won’t keep my hopes up for this one…

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) Official Thread

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.