Home Forums Music 2013 Grammy Nominees CD & Track Listing

2013 Grammy Nominees CD & Track Listing

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
Atypical
Gucci
Pieman1994
  • Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

From the Grammys Facebook page:

They covered most of their bases here. It’s the most inclusive sampling they’ve done in years, so good for them. Yay Ed Sheeran! The only real surprise here is Frank Ocean’s inclusion for “Pyramids” over ROTY nominee “Thinkin’ Bout You.” I doubt this will have the almost ten-minute album edit, and the shortened version loses the power and depth of the original.

Also, here’s the album cover:

Album Release Date: Tuesday, January 22, 2013  

Gucci
    Topics:
    ReplyCopy URL
    Pieman1994
    Participant
    Topics:

Agree about “Pyramids.” The original is so delicate and precise that the edits don’t do it justice, and kind for ruin it. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m also glad that “Try” made the cut. I thought if a Pink song would be included, it would be “Blow Me (One Last Kiss).” It would be very nice if this song stayed in voters’ minds long enough to be nodded for Pop Solo Performance next cycle, unless Pink somehow wins Pop Album next month and makes the song ineligible there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

BUMP

ReplyCopy URL
    Jake
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m also glad that “Try” made the cut. I thought if a Pink song would be included, it would be “Blow Me (One Last Kiss).” It would be very nice if this song stayed in voters’ minds long enough to be nodded for Pop Solo Performance next cycle, unless Pink somehow wins Pop Album next month and makes the song ineligible there.

Yeah, I agree! The big bump for song that should be considered underevaluated until just now with this inclusion and #12 on Billboard Hot 100 with maybe Top 10 on its way. I hope it will be nominated next year if it’s eligible (which I hope it is) and in the perfect world video should be nominated too. I also hope for her Duo/Group nod with Nate Ruess for “Just Give Me a Reason” which will be the third single. Pop Album is Pink’s only nod this year and I doubt she will be the winner.

I like the line-up! It’s really great, maybe bar “Payphone”. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Agree about “Pyramids.” The original is so delicate and precise that the edits don’t do it justice, and kind for ruin it.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: 2013 Grammy Nominees CD & Track Listing

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.