Home Forums Music 2015 Pop Field Discussion

2015 Pop Field Discussion

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
neverkneel
circa 1993
Music Forever
  • Music Forever
    Participant
    Topics:

Discuss…

Music Forever
    Participant
    Topics:

As of February I have Katy Perry winning Best Pop Vocal Album. I’m sure someone will come out of nowhere and dominate though. “Team” and “The Man” are probably the early frontrunners for Pop Solo and “Say Something” for Pop Group.

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

Any album, any album can win over Prism. But it will get nominated.

I wonder if Lady Gaga will get any nomination or not? Her “original” pop, Artpop doesn’t have a well position. But all her albums achieved to nominate for AOTY and her last two albums got nominated for Bes Pop Vocal Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t see Gaga getting nominated and Katy winning pop solo. No was she’s getting snubbed and no way 7 nomination in a row with out a win. Though she might win pop duo/group.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

BEST POP VOCAL ALBUM
    Lady Gaga, ARTPOP
    Katy Perry, Prism
    Miley Cyrus, Bangerz
    Adele, 3rd Studio Album
    Britney Spears, Britney Jean
    Kelly Clarkson, 7th Studio Album
    Lana Del Rey, Ultraviolence

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Katy Perry is NOT winning Best Pop Vocal Album.

BEST POP DUO/GROUP PERFORMANCE
    A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera, “Say Something”

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele can easily sweep the Pop field if the year is weak 

ReplyCopy URL
    joesilver
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga’s only chances to win something is in Pop Traditional album thanks to another tired Tony Bennett duets album. Maybe pop duo too.

Britney and Miley shouldn’t even be mentioned here.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Miley has a shot at Best Pop Vocal Album…….Britney I’m not sure. I would guess Kelly and Adele are locks for that catagory.

ReplyCopy URL
    sarat Varanasi
    Topics:

I dont think Miley, Lady GaGa or Britney have a chance. Kelly (depends on when she will release it. She said on twitter recently it might be towards the end of the year or early 2015.), Adele, or P!nk are locks in this category. I think Kelly is in for Traditional Pop Album for Wrapped in Red, she wont win like most christmas albums, but I think she will be in the running.

“Say Something” should win at least Pop Duo/Group or a GF category, that song is amazing.

Demi might put out an album too, it just needs to be more grown up than her past ones. Her voice and music is made for the grammys, its just her lyrics are still too juvenile. 

I also think that Taylor will either go all the way to Pop or dive back into her country roots. I dont think she won a single country award for anything from Red, so she might try it again to win back that audience.

ReplyCopy URL
    RadioGAGAhead
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t see Katy Perry winning anything next year if “Roar” couldn’t win. That was her best chance at a win. She will be nominated though, unlike Britney and Miley. Britney’s new album was panned and Miley’s only real shot was “Wrecking Ball.” 

I also can’t see Gaga winning anything at the moment. I still think she will be able to get nominated, but she won’t be too competitive as other contenders arise. She would have a shot if “Gypsy” becomes a hit, but I’m not too confident that it will at this point. 

As of February, I think the pop field will be ruled by new artists + Beyonce. Watch out for Adele and Rihanna as well. 

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

Miley Cyrus’ biggest thing was Wrecking Ball and she couldn’t get nominated with it. That’s all. Bangerz is just crap. No way for her to nonimate. If someone have mercy and pity her, she can be a presenter or co-performer at next year’s Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: 2015 Pop Field Discussion

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.