Home Forums Music 2016 Country Field Predictions

2016 Country Field Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
Final2
RichterScale
vinny
  • Music Forever
    Participant
    Topics:

Discuss

Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Carrie releases if she’s not you know busy having a baby Something in the Water gave me chills. If not I just hope Bro Country is ignored completely again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Music Forever
    Participant
    Topics:

Carrie will be eligible for Her new single “Little Toy Gun” from her greatest hits album . I’m sure it’s gonna get in.

ReplyCopy URL
    RichterScale
    Topics:

Yeah, considering the fact that Carrie’s due to give birth in the next few months, she’ll probably spend most of 2015 looking after her new baby boy. It’s looking like “Little Toy Guns” will be her only eligible song… and Music Forever is right: it’ll probably get nominated again. And with good reason. She sings the sh*t out of that song, as always. 

For me, the best country songs that are out right now are Eric Church’s “Talladega” and Little Big Town’s “Girl Crush.” “Talladega” hit me hard when I first listened to the album, and it still moves me every time I hear it on the radio. I hope the song’s critical acclaim + its chart success will be enough to give Church his overdue Grammy. “Girl Crush” is just pure, understated brilliance. My only worry is that we still have roughly 7 months in the eligibility period. They might be forgotten by then, but I really hope not.

I’m looking at the Mediabase chart right now, and there really aren’t that many great songs playing on the radio, which is just sad. “Girl Crush” hasn’t even cracked the Top 30 yet. Besides “Talladega,” the only ones that are somewhat nomination-worthy are Brett Eldredge’s “Mean To Me,” Dierks Bentley’s “Say You Do,” Chris Young’s “Lonely Eyes,” Miranda’s “Little Red Wagon,” and Zac Brown Band’s “Homegrown.” (“Something In The Water” and “Raise ‘Em Up” were already eligible this year.) The rest of the chart is dominated by bro-country songs and artists.

The Band Perry said they’re working on new music, and Sam Smith has expressed interest in working with Kacey Musgraves. If any of those projects materialize within the next 7 months, maybe they’ll be contenders. 

— 

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

May this be the year that a new album is released from Alison Krauss & Union Station. (smiles)

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly (a fan of Alison since 1994)

P.S. Their last album named Paper Airplane went to the stores in 2011.

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Florida Georgia Line has “Sipplin on Fire” in contention right? I forgot if it was eligable for last gramys of the upcoming.

ReplyCopy URL
    RichterScale
    Topics:

Yup, that song is eligible. So is “Sun Daze,” if I’m not mistaken. 

Turns out Eric Church is following up “Talladega” with “Like A Wrecking Ball.” He’ll have 2 eligible songs for next year. LAWB is solid, but I hope “Talladega” is what he gets nominated (and finally wins) for. 

— 

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Yup, that song is eligible. So is “Sun Daze,” if I’m not mistaken. 

Yeah “Sun Daze” is one of those songs. Idk if you have the album but after listening to it everyday, I think Sun Daze is the weakest song. It’s fun but thats really about it. Do you like the song or the album?  

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Florida Georgia Line will be nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: 2016 Country Field Predictions

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.