Home Forums Music 2016 Pop Field Predictions.

2016 Pop Field Predictions.

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
Final2
mikeboy898
Music Forever
  • Music Forever
    Participant
    Topics:

Discuss

Music Forever
    Participant
    Topics:

Right now Taylor is the front runner for Pop Album but I would watch out for a more “serious” artist like Bruno Mars and Adele. Ed Sheeran is the early front runner for PopSolo.

ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

If Nominations were tomorrow, these would be Contenders In pop.
    Pop Duo/Group
    “Uptown Funk” Mark Ronson & Bruno Mars
    “Sugar” Maroon 5
    “FourFiveSeconds” Rihanna, Kanye West &Paul McCartney

Pop Solo Performance
    “Style” Taylor Swift
    “Thinking Out Loud” Ed Sheeran
    “Ghost” Ella Henderson
    “Lips Are Movin” Megan Trainor

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Just gonna say this and stop but Taylor Swift is a serious artist. 8 nominations in the General Field and 6 more wins than Burno Mars. 1989 and Blank Space/Style are the front runners so far. With 4,5 Seconds for Duo/Group. But there’s a lot that can happen between now and then. Adele isn’t set to release until after the deadline.

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not even worth discussing because I bet like 1 maybe 2 songs that are presently popular will actually get nominated.

Of artists with music out already or confirmed upcoming releases:
    Pop Solo: “Thinking Out Loud” and a Taylor single
    Pop Duo/Group: FourFiveSeconds and Uptown Funk. Maybe the Kelly Clarkson/John Legend collab
    Pop Album: Kelly Clarkson, Taylor Swift, Mark Ronson

ReplyCopy URL
    Music Forever
    Participant
    Topics:

I think FourFiveSeconds will win pop group over Uptown Funk but both would be deserving. John Legend can possibly show up twice for his duets with Kelly Clarkdon and Meghan Trainer.

ReplyCopy URL
    peter griffin
    Topics:

Just gonna say this and stop but Taylor Swift is a serious artist. 8 nominations in the General Field and 6 more wins than Burno Mars. 1989 and Blank Space/Style are the front runners so far. With 4,5 Seconds for Duo/Group. But there’s a lot that can happen between now and then. Adele isn’t set to release until after the deadline.

Taylor has won 7 grammys. Bruno has won 2 grammys. Which means Taylor has 5 more wins than Bruno, not 6.

But I agree that Taylor is a front-runner for Pop Solo

ReplyCopy URL
    Leonardo
    Topics:

I agree that still a few serious/real artists have to emerge in the Pop Field (for now 1989 is the frontrunner, but that winning would be like awarding ‘Bangerz’ or ‘My Everything’ this past ceremony) but Madonna, Bruno, Florence & the Machine, Kelly Clarkson, Rihanna and maybe Adele are coming… and who nows? There’s always a John Mayer in the mix…

For Pop Duo there are already great contenders, like ‘FourFiveSeconds’ (will anyone come close to the star power of these 3? They look unbeatable this early in the race), ‘Uptown Funk’, and if Maroon 5 is getting a nom, I’m sure it won’t be for ‘Sugar’, their label would submit something like ‘My Heart Is Open’ (performed at the Grammys) or single 4 before it…

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”Final2″]Just gonna say this and stop but Taylor Swift is a serious artist. 8 nominations in the General Field and 6 more wins than Burno Mars. 1989 and Blank Space/Style are the front runners so far. With 4,5 Seconds for Duo/Group. But there’s a lot that can happen between now and then. Adele isn’t set to release until after the deadline.

Taylor has won 7 grammys. Bruno has won 2 grammys. Which means Taylor has 5 more wins than Bruno, not 6.

But I agree that Taylor is a front-runner for Pop Solo

[/quote]

My bad I thought his only win was last year for Pop Album. I completely forgot he won Male Pop Solo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Richard Aniston
    Participant
    Topics:

1989 is the obvious front runner fro BPVA unless Adele drops before the deadline. It’ll also of course be a AOTY nominee. Uptown Funk will get nominated for Best Pop Duo/Group and maybe win if no contenders appear. Shoe in for ROTY as well. Blank Space will likey get into Pop Solo and maybe the general field.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Because non-serious artists have an AOTY win among multiple AOTY noms, and have their contending album wind up in 6th place on Metacritic’s aggregate of critics’ T10 lists right above the reigning AOTY winner?

But Bruno Mars is a way more serious artist because…erm, he has more ballad-y singles?

Right.   

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Because non-serious artists have an AOTY win among multiple AOTY noms, and have their contending album wind up in 6th place on Metacritic’s aggregate of critics’ T10 lists right above the reigning AOTY winner?

But Bruno Mars is a way more serious artist because…erm, he has more ballad-y singles?

Right.   

You cannot win with these people I’m just gonna start ignoring them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andro Putranto
    Participant
    Topics:

I WILL get a Grammy nomination one day. No more fuckin around. Let’s GO!!!!!” – @ddlovato on Twitter. 

Will it happen in 2016? What do you think? 

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

Bahahah I don’t know if any of us will live to see the day Demi Lovato is nominated for a Grammy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

She needs to make her own music before she starts talking about Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
Reply To: 2016 Pop Field Predictions.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.