2017 Grammy Award Discussion

Home // Forums // Music // 2017 Grammy Award Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,348 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
12 months ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Well it’s that time of the year yet again. With the nominations for the 2016 awards hours away just like last year time to start talking about next years awards.

Now remember that we are already two months into the eligibility calendar and we’ve already heard major contenders for AotY. What are your thoughts on the music that isn’t eligible for the 2016 edition on the Grammy Awards and who do you think are destined for nominations 12 months from now?

kingofrapmusic17
    Participant
    Topics:

25 will be nominated and will win Album of the Year. Maroon 5 is probably going to release another album during 2016. Bieber will hopefully be snubbed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC: Selena Gomez “Same Old Love” if it’s eligible

ReplyCopy URL
    Yo Calvin
    Participant
    Topics:

25 will be nominated and will win Album of the Year. Maroon 5 is probably going to release another album during 2016. Bieber will hopefully be snubbed.

25 will most definitely NOT win AOTY, she just won it in 2012. And i don’t think no artist has won AOTY in 1 decade twice.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

My one and only problem with “25” is it’s literally is a carbon copy of “21” they could be just one giant album. That bring said she has obliterated commercial records left and right so you’d be a fool to say she isn’t a very serious contender to win AotY. Also Stevie Wonder and Frank Sinatra both won AotY twice back to back but no woman has won AotY twice and that might change this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    setfiretorain
    Participant
    Topics:

My one and only problem with “25” is it’s literally is a carbon copy of “21” they could be just one giant album. That bring said she has obliterated commercial records left and right so you’d be a fool to say she isn’t a very serious contender to win AotY. Also Stevie Wonder and Frank Sinatra both won AotY twice back to back but no woman has won AotY twice and that might change this year.

I doubt Swift will win a second AOTY that mediocore pop record. Fearless was unique and very cohesive. 1989 was typical pop IMO. A year later, and with Adele, people already kinda forgot about it. My bet’s on Kendrick. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Gagamon
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope lady gaga to release a great new pop album in next year ( she is Already Working with Grammy -winning Producers Mark Ronson & RedOne ) So I have alot of hope for her new album to pick a few of grammy nominations at 2017

I think Adele will be the big contender to beat for everyone at the 2017 .

and I do not know why people want to minimize the big 2014-2015 of Taylor Swift With The Adele’s 25 era huge success (I know Adele’s success is bigger but what Taylor did was also amazing ) , even Knowing That Adele released her new music after the 2016 grammy deadline and that taylor swift was the undisputed queen of the 2014 to 2015 period grammy

ReplyCopy URL
    Ms. Trunchbull
    Topics:

AOTY

ROTY
    When We Were Young

SOTY
    When We Were Young

ReplyCopy URL
    st_jimmy
    Participant
    Topics:

AOTY
    ROTY
    When We Were Young
    SOTY
    When We Were Young

I was thinking earlier about the possibility of Adele splitting her record and song submissions. I can’t decide if it would make a difference or not, but I can see the advantages of “Hello” going up for record and WWWY for song. I know Adele is Adele and what not, but if some people don’t want to just check off her name maybe they would be more drawn in with the two different songs. 

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

There are just a few I could think of (and am excited to buy too lol):

Sia’s “This is Acting”, David Bowie’s “Blackstar”, the upcoming Elton John Album, Bon Jovi’s “This House is Not for Sale”, someone said Britney Spears has an album coming in 2016 so I’m curious, Gwen Stefani, Iggy Izaela, Katy Perry, Kanye, Lady Gaga, Major Lazer, One Republic, and the new Simple Plan Album.

And a few I think could make a splash that I’m not particularly interested in:

Wynonna Judd’s upcoming album (My mom is psyched for this one), Bonnie Raiit’s album, and the new Foxes album.

My guess is that some of these will make a splash at the grammys. Agree that Adele wll get a ton of nominations though. That is one hell of an album.

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

I pray that something new from Alison Krauss, James Otto, and LeAnn Rimes is released and submitted. (smiles)

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly (a fan of Alison since 1994)

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    KubrickFan98
    Participant
    Topics:

wtf 25 is the only contender in the race so far why are we discussing the 2017 Grammy Awards already.

God, my posting is getting worse on this site.

ReplyCopy URL
    ultraviolence91
    Topics:

Tamar Braxton for R&B album? Tinashe for Joyride? Wild Nothing finally for alternative?

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Taylor Swift is NOT winning AOTY again.  Believe that.

Adele will sweep the 2017 Grammy Awards.  Case closed! 

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

If I could quote you KubrickFan98 we start talking about next years Grammys because the music that is currently being released isn’t eligible for this years awards and the nominations for this years awards are out. Plus no harm in talking.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,348 total)
Reply To: 2017 Grammy Award Discussion

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.