2017 GRAMMY AWARDS Ceremony Reactions

Home // Forums // Music // 2017 GRAMMY AWARDS Ceremony Reactions

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 832 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

People, let’s clear things up. Adele achieved the top of the world ONLY with her voice, that’s what Santana means, singer in the literal way. Beyonce is a performer, yes she can sing, but she needs other elements to compose her show. So, I really think Adele deserved, the way she just need a microphone is amazing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, if Beyoncé would stop pretending she “writes” her own songs, stop stealing other people’s ideas and taking credit for others work, maybe she’ll win Album of the Year one day.

ReplyCopy URL
    SHT L
    Participant
    Topics:

That can be said about any damn awards organization as only giving a “pat on the back” to the respective industry and nothing more. Thankfully enough people outside of the “industry” realize the value of these subjective awards as historical markers for posterity, which there is worth in. It makes the boneheaded decisions even more grating, and that’s very much a vital part of this as anything.

Except I have a feeling those in cinema and those in television and those in theatre respect the Oscars/Emmys/Tonys much more than any musician really respects a Grammy. The Grammys have historically been the butt of jokes since its inception. All awards are the butt of jokes, but it seems it doesn’t have the same reverence as the other awards. IMO, it’s telling that people started really caring about the Grammy and remember which song/album won what category when stan wars exploded on the Internet and the awards are used to talk about why my diva is better than your diva. It’s also telling that the Grammys became more revered when EGOT became a thing in the mid 2000s and the Grammys are only important in terms of completing a collection and its relationship to the Oscars.

Like do people REALLY think there’s a Best Album of the Year? Music is really hard to rank and put into those sorts of lists in comparison to other media. Like if Beethoven, Mozart, and Rachmanioff were actually making music at the same time and Moonlight Sonata was up against Marriage of Figaro and Piano Concerto No. 2, could we honestly say with a straight face that one of those deserve “Record of the Year” or whatever equivalent category would have been during that time? I don’t mean Best Classical recording or whatever, but the actual music itself.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  SHT L.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Plenty of musicians revere the Grammys and consider it the single awards barometer of musical excellence. The perception of the award then isn’t relevant to now or how the award is weighed by the public and sought after by musicians.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andy Robinson
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, if Beyoncé would stop pretending she “writes” her own songs, stop stealing other people’s ideas and taking credit for others work, maybe she’ll win Album of the Year one day.

First you say “Beyonce doesn’t write her music”, then we come back with receipts saying that Beyonce writes, and produces a lot of her own work, then you say oh well she’s “pretending”,

And then you jump on a another bandwagon of “Beyonce needs to stop stealing people’s ideas and taking credit for other people’s work” and we come back with proof that Beyonce doesn’t not steal other people’s work and gives credit for everything, if you look at the fucking credits after Lemonade everybody that helped her make the film/ album, is credited that’s why when these cases, go to court, Beyonce always wins because they prove that she credits everyone who had anything to do with her project. So would you mind giving us, cold hard evidences/facts/examples of Beyonce stealing people’s work and not giving them credit plz because I like to see what you’re talking about!

And also Beyonce can run circles around Adele when it comes to singing and being a vocalist…. and I can give u the receipts! The problem is people get so i guess “distracted” by her performance and her expression of “sexuality” (because we all know that when black women are sexual in the media its automatically the only thing they have to offer, and everything else they’ve done in the pass no longer holds any value or merit, that’s why many people said that Nicki Minaj’s Anaconda was ghetto and to raunchy but in the same breathe the praised Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus for bringing twerking into the mainstream ) that they’re not paying attention to her singing.

And this is how I know you and so many other people are racist or just really have something against Beyonce, because on Grammys Night you guys TORE DOWN and DISCECTED everything she did! and she didn’t even do not one thing wrong, Beyonce gave you vocals (while pregnant) , choreography, visuals, etc and she did not mess up once and the best thing you had to say “is she’s doing to much” or “why do people like her much?” Y’all are such haters, that you were mad that she’s had her speech written down! like really? Mean while Adele while see is a great singer was pichy and she made a couple mistakes, but you act like it didn’t happened and she’s still the queen and fuck beyonce. There’s just something not right there! You know your on a different level when somebody wins aoty over you and in their speech deciates the award to you instead of taking it for thereself. Y’all always say Beyonce overrated and im just trying to figure out how!
    You can ONLY be overrated if your achievements OUTWEIGH your effort. During 2016 Beyonce gave us (the award winning) Formation song and video, a clothing line, a (Twitter-busting) Superbowl performance, a Visual album (on HBO), a secret (platinum) album, a record breaking WORLD TOUR and now made history at the VMAs and lets not forget the film Lemonade!.

Most artists couldn’t do that in their lifetime, yet alone in nine months! Her achievements MATCH her effort! She isn’t overrated. She is being given her just dues! She can only be considered overrated if you can name another (living) artist who does what she does and doesn’t get recognised for it.

Beyonce is a vocalist, she can dance, she can still sell out stadium tours, everyone in the industry go crazy over Beyonce, it’s not just us regular people at home, people who have been in the game for sooo long, have so much RESPECT for Beyonce and applaud her for artistry and being able to stay relevant for 20 years, name another artist alive, who’s doing what’s she’s doing right now. I’ll wait!

And if you’re going to respond plz give facts and not just opinions, because that’s what i did while writing this!

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  Andy Robinson.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  Andy Robinson.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, no you did not write a whole entire essay about your precious Beyoncé. You have a serious problem. You have got to stop licking Beyoncé’s ass crack. Not everyone thinks she is the best thing since microwave popcorn. It’s stans like you that give Beyoncé a bad name.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

And even after the questionable choices the Grammys have made, the same ones complaining are going to be the same ones submitting their work, performing, watching and even predicting the Grammys next year. Of course you’re going to have a Frank Ocean, who tries to be “cool” and “edgy,” but those artists are far in between and most of them aren’t on the grammy radar after their flash-in-the-pan years.

Beyoncé will continue submitting her work for consideration, performing there and neglecting those black award shows in favor of the Grammys, even after the snub. Her fans will continue to use her Grammys as leverage to shade other female artists. So, I don’t buy the faux outrage by the media, forum posters or the industry and never will.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  PoweR.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Briana Breeze
    Participant
    Topics:

Overall, the Grammys were boring and continue to get more boring each year and I agree with a lot of posters that there were too many unnecessary performances and they could have used that time to present more awards, however I will discuss my highs and lows of the show.

Highlights:
    David Bowie winning every Grammy that he was nominated for. Very well deserved, however, I wish he was still appreciated more when he was living, accepting the awards and making music.
    Lalah Hathaway continuing her winning streak
    Maxwell winning R&B song, it was the best song nominated and that quality sometimes is acknowledged
    As far as performances, I enjoyed Maren Morris and Alicia Keys performance, this is the best Alicia has sounded in awhile and congrats to Maren on her win in Country Solo. This is how mash ups of different artists should be done at the Grammys.
    Bruno Mars is awesome, I enjoyed both his performances, he did Prince justice in his tribute. He also won Album of the year as a producer for Adele’s 25, so I’m happy for him.
    William Bell and Gary Clark Jr were also great.

Lowlights:
    What does Sia have to do to win a Grammy? I was hoping that Cheap Thrills would finally give her a win.
    Metallica and Lady Gaga, it felt forced.
    The Bee Gees/Saturday Night Fever tribute was all over the place. I was fine with Little Big Town singing, however, everybody else in the tribute was all over the place and by the looks of it, Barry Gibb didn’t look too impressed nor did it capture the spirit and essence of both their music and Saturday Night Fever. It would worked better with their peers and artists influenced by them.
    George Michael tribute, like the Bee Gees tribute, it would have benefited from doing a medley of his songs and have his peers and artists that were influenced by him. I like Adele, however, a ballad would have suited her better, Fastlove is an uptempo song.
    Speaking of Adele, while I appreciate her admiration for Beyoncé and how Lemonade impacted her friends, I feel however, that she was insulting some of the people in the audience who voted for her to get the award, came across in the sense that she felt guilty accepting the AOTY award just to please some of Beyoncé’s fans.
    Once again, too many unnecessary performances, even the pre-show which I often find better than the main telecast was boring.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ryan2012
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, no you did not write a whole entire essay about your precious Beyoncé. You have a serious problem. You have got to stop licking Beyoncé’s ass crack. Not everyone thinks she is the best thing since microwave popcorn. It’s stans like you that give Beyoncé a bad name.

How the fuck is this Xtinka Stan calling out someone else? LMAO! At least Andys girl has actual talent and still sells records and tours. I think Xtinka is probably having a problem selling out a Starbucks perf.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andy Robinson
    Participant
    Topics:

you didn’t one won rebottle to my argument, which means that you know im right. lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Andy Robinson
    Participant
    Topics:

How the fuck is this Xtinka Stan calling out someone else? LMAO! At least Andys girl has actual talent and still sells records and tours. I think Xtinka is probably having a problem selling out a Starbucks perf.

right thank you, she just hates Beyonce because she’s talented and she is just mad that she can’t right an “essay” about her fav and her accomplishments because she’s knows it will only be a couple of sentences!

ReplyCopy URL
    Alexandra
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not sure it’s specifically a race problem, though. I think folks just underestimate how conservative Grammy voters’ musical tastes tend to be. Case in point, Herbie Hancock’s supremely random AOTY victory about a decade back. Grammy members tend to be fondest, at least in terms of what wins, of whatever is the closest thing to adult contemporary.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

I have a feeling that even if Adele wasnt nominated, Beyonce still would have lost. I also dont think the Grammys are racist because that would imply they are going out of there way to discriminate against certain races which is not the case. I will say that there is a strong genre bias in the general field especially AOTY. Voters tend to pick the “safe” and conservative album with PG lyrics as you noticed. Rap and urban music hardly ever fall under this category which is why I couldnt see Kendrick winning last year either.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Congrats Briana Breeze for predicting the Adele sweep!

ReplyCopy URL
    Briana Breeze
    Participant
    Topics:

^
    Thank you PoweR.

ReplyCopy URL
    Djoko
    Participant
    Topics:

Congrats Briana Breeze for predicting the Adele sweep!

I’m pretty sure I was the first to predict it plus the loudest.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 832 total)
Reply To: 2017 GRAMMY AWARDS Ceremony Reactions

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.