Home Forums Music 2017 GRAMMY AWARDS Ceremony Reactions

2017 GRAMMY AWARDS Ceremony Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 827 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Briana Breeze
    Participant
    Topics:

^
    Congrats Djoko on the Adele sweep too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, I was the first bitch to predict an Adele sweep. Let’s not get carried away.

ReplyCopy URL
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Participant
    Topics:

Congrats Briana Breeze for predicting the Adele sweep!

I’m pretty sure I was the first to predict it plus the loudest.

LOL. I didn’t know that was a thing cuz i predicted Adele for every category too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jason Travis
    Participant
    Topics:

So I’ll ask this again – WHERE is the video of Adele breaking her Grammy?? All the news sources just have pictures. Did she do it off the air? I don’t recall her doing it in any of her speeches.

Follow Me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/jasonmovieguy
    13K Subscribers, 29 Million Views

FYC: Derbyite of the Year, 2017

ReplyCopy URL
    RJ
    Participant
    Topics:

She done it straight after it transitioned to James Corden at the end of her speech, the closest we can get in video terms so far is the Beyonce reaction video, although it seems to be that the Academy have deleted that video from their YouTube..

ReplyCopy URL
    Rinolo Twenty-two
    Participant
    Topics:

Here is this video where she is changing the broken grammy with a good one in backstage after winning AOTY.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OZ1AHQQiY8

ReplyCopy URL
    GraemeONeil
    Participant
    Topics:

I listened to Lemonade and 25 today front to back again. I hadn’t listened to most of the songs on 25 in quite a while. But listening to them both back-to-back, I don’t understand how anyone can say that 25 is a better album. Once you get beyond the 4 singles, there’s nothing of note at all. When Lemonade has this unbelievable energy, power, significance, and cohesiveness through every track.

ReplyCopy URL
    Djoko
    Participant
    Topics:

I listened to Lemonade and 25 today front to back again. I hadn’t listened to most of the songs on 25 in quite a while. But listening to them both back-to-back, I don’t understand how anyone can say that 25 is a better album. Once you get beyond the 4 singles, there’s nothing of note at all. When Lemonade has this unbelievable energy, power, significance, and cohesiveness through every track.

All I Ask? Million Years Ago? I Miss You? Remedy? I’d say there’s a lot more to the album than just the four singles.

I was reading about 25 on Wikipedia and I found Adele’s writing process for the album to be fascinating. I’d love to read about Beyonce’s “writing process” for Lemonade. I wonder if it would say: she was given all of these songs, chose which ones she wants, and then rewrote a couple of lyrics. Sounds about right to me.

ReplyCopy URL
    setfiretorain
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean with 15+ producers and a whopping55+ writers, of course it would have “unbelievable energy and power”. “Hold Up” has FIFTEEN writers!!! 15!!! for ONE song. It quite literally took a powerhouse to create the album. The more I think about it, the more I’m sure that the ONLY way for Beyonce to ever win AOTY is to have only 3-4 writers and a couple of producers.

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

People stop trying to put race on the discussion. YOU ALL KNOW WHY BEYONCE LOST. First it starts with the visual stuff, it is obvious that musics NEED the videos, like her performance that the Grammy, what it would had been the performance without all the effects? We all know the answer. Second point is the way people could listen to the album, this limitation of streaming and etc, I mean, how long did you take to listen to it? I took a century to find a way. And at last, the production of the album. This so called piece of art had A LOT songwriters, fifteen songwriters for ONE song? And even so, a very ordinary song. You can say the number of the writers doesn’t count on the voting, but I think it does and that is a very important fact, in a song with 15 writers what Beyonce did? Put a point there or a word in some part? Face the truth people!

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah well I’m not going to pretend Beyonce’s “writing process” isn’t sketchy, weird, controversial, fake and so on, but those 15, 11, writers on some songs are because of samples. It doesn’t take away from the fact that it’s a great song. Did Karen O really write a song for/with Beyonce? Did Burt Bacharach? Or Robert Plant and Jimmy Page? No.

Of course it makes sense this is why she lost, or at least one of the reasons. The one time she won a General Field category it was Song, and she had, strangely, “only” 4 writers.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

I am still amazed that Beyoncé won 5 Grammys for the mediocre Dangerously In Love and 6 Grammys for the awful I Am… Sasha Fierce. Yet, Beyoncé only won 2 Grammys for Lemonade, which is WAY better than both of those albums. Maybe there is some Beyoncé fatigue.

ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

I am still amazed that Beyoncé won 5 Grammys for the mediocre Dangerously In Love and 6 Grammys for the awful I Am… Sasha Fierce. Yet, Beyoncé only won 2 Grammys for Lemonade, which is WAY better than both of those albums. Maybe there is some Beyoncé fatigue.

don’t you think it’s weird that she had most of her wins when her dad was managing her. And now that she’s “manages herself” her Grammy wins have been very minimal. I too expected Lemonade to take at least 4 Grammys

ReplyCopy URL
    rozmaster
    Participant
    Topics:

Finaly I could see this grammy just adele … nice

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  rozmaster.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Rahman Honarmand
    Participant
    Topics:

Finaly I could see this grammy just adele … nice

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 827 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.