Home Forums Music 2018 Grammy Award Discussion (Continued)

2018 Grammy Award Discussion (Continued)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 1,446 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • 24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Now that “Despacito” has been nominated at the Latin Grammy Awards for Record of the Year and Song of the Year, as well as Best Urban/Fusion Performance for the version with Justin Bieber, does anyone think that it will be passed over by the Blue Ribbon Panel in order to spread the wealth???

Or do you think its even fair for the song to be able to compete at both awards ceremonies???

ReplyCopy URL
    pablozedd
    Participant
    Topics:

With that being said, just to remind you, Taylor Swift is the first female artist to win AOTY twice. So I wouldn’t talk trash about her chances at the grammys. If anything, she’s always more likely to win at the grammy’s than Beyoncé, Rihanna etc…

Now I kinda wished Lemonade and Anti were competing in the same year as 1989 (and not 25). Beyonce and Rihanna would have thrashed the hell out of Taylor Swift.

no they wouldn’t, if anything Rihanna and Bey would split votes, cancel each other votes, making Taylor more likely to win.. not like Taylor would not win that anyway, even if she competed solely with either Bey or Rih.. I love Rih and Bey, but when it comes to AOTY, Taylor has much power than both.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eric Close
    Participant
    Topics:

I remember a few years back when people thought Fiona Apple’s Idler Wheel would get an AOTY nom because it had like a 90 on Metacritic, but it only ended up with an Alternative nom. Same thing will happen to Lorde. No way in hell is she touching AOTY

That would be a good example if we knew who Fiona Apple was. Lorde is an established and acclaimed artist, she’s won a Grammy in the general field for a song from an acclaimed album that got snubbed otherwise, which a lot of people were upset about. They’re gonna nominate her, man. The numbers just add up.

Now that “Despacito” has been nominated at the Latin Grammy Awards for Record of the Year and Song of the Year, as well as Best Urban/Fusion Performance for the version with Justin Bieber, does anyone think that it will be passed over by the Blue Ribbon Panel in order to spread the wealth???

Or do you think its even fair for the song to be able to compete at both awards ceremonies???

I don’t particularly care either way, but why not? It spent 14 weeks on top of the charts for English-speaking American radio, so it would kinda be a crime for them not to acknowledge it in the regular ceremony.

ReplyCopy URL
    darrenc95
    Participant
    Topics:

Why wouldn’t it be fair? There are already Latin categories in the regular Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
    crainwater
    Participant
    Topics:

What are the chances  of Ariana Grande’s rendition of “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” getting into pop solo?

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

^ Zero.

ReplyCopy URL
    darrenc95
    Participant
    Topics:

Its chances are slim since it’s so old, but is Sia’s The Greatest eligible for Pop Duo/Group? It was released as a single during last year’s eligibility period but the deluxe version of This Is Acting was released during this period.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miguel Terel Kabigting
    Participant
    Topics:

Ed Sheeran is expect to win Record of the Year, but I’m not sure if he will win SOTY. Taylor Swift could get 2-3 Grammys win including Best Country Song for Better Man and Best Music Video for LWYMMD.Kendrick Lamar could swept the Rap categories. Despacito may be snubbed in this 60th Grammys.

MtlKabigting

ReplyCopy URL
    Kadeem Lee
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like my General Field nominations keep changing as the week goes by. This year is very middle of the road we only have like 2 locks for the big 3 (Kendrick and Ed) and the other spots are really up for grabs.

Predictions.. in order of likeliness to be nominated.

Album of the Year

DAMN. – Kendrick Lamar
    divide – Ed Sheeran
    Hardwired.. to Self Destruct – Metallica
    Evolve – Imagine Dragons
    Melodrama – Lorde

alternates:
    1. Bruno mars “24K Magic”, A Tribe Called Quest “We Got It From Here, Thank You For Your Service”

Record of the Year
    Shape of You – Ed Sheeran
    HUMBLE. – Kendrick Lamar
    Feel It Still – Portugal. The Man
    1-800-273-8255 – Logic f/ Alessia Cara & Khalid
    Redbone – Childish Gambino

alternates:
    1. Bruno Mars – Thats What I Like 2. Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do.

Song of the Year
    HUMBLE. – Kendrick Lamar
    Thats What I Like – Bruno Mars
    Say You Wont Let Go – James Arthur
    Castle on the Hill – Ed Sheeran
    Million Reasons – Lady Gaga

alternates:
    1. Ke$ha – “Praying” 2. Khalid – “Location”

Best New Artist
    Khalid
    Julia Michaels
    SZA
    Alessia Cara
    Charlie Pluth

alternates:
    1. Migos 2. Post Malone

I really want Kesha to pull through with a SOTY nod and a Best Pop Album nomination. She deserves it. Praying is a fantastic record.

ReplyCopy URL
    darrenc95
    Participant
    Topics:

Charlie Puth isn’t eligible for Best New Artist

ReplyCopy URL
    BreakerofChains
    Participant
    Topics:

Miley Cyrus had a well received performance on the Tonight Show and Kesha is on the cover of RollingStone. Seems like there are 3 locks (Divide, 24k Magic, Joanne) for pop vocal album. I’d like the think Lorde’s acclaim will carry her into the 4th slot. Should be interesting to see who gets the 5th.

ReplyCopy URL
    darrenc95
    Participant
    Topics:

Miley’s album is selling terribly and being panned by critics. I think it’s safe to say the 5th spot won’t be her.

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

Ed Sheeran is expect to win Record of the Year, but I’m not sure if he will win SOTY. Taylor Swift could get 2-3 Grammys win including Best Country Song for Better Man and Best Music Video for LWYMMD.Kendrick Lamar could swept the Rap categories. Despacito may be snubbed in this 60th Grammys.

I think Ed Sheeran will win SOTY. If you check the last SOTY winners, you will see their most general feature in common is the success they got in Adult Contemporary and Ed Sheeran is ruling that chart for 24 weeks.

Taylor Swift will probably win at least one and her biggest shot is Best Song Written For Visual Media. If they want to give her another trophy, it would be Best Music Video instead of Best Country Song.

ReplyCopy URL
    darrenc95
    Participant
    Topics:

Kendrick is probably the lock for Music Video this year. He won VOTY at the VMAs and won several of the technical categories, including Best Direction.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodriguez
    Participant
    Topics:

What are the chances of Ariana Grande’s rendition of “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” getting into pop solo?

I don´t think it’ll get in. It would be awesome, but I doubt it.
    Her best chances are Quit and maybe maybe maybe (almost impossible) the One Love Manchester in AOTY if the Grammy’s want to make some political statement.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 1,446 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.