Home Forums Music 2018 Grammy Award Discussion (Continued)

2018 Grammy Award Discussion (Continued)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 1,446 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Marco B.
    Participant
    Topics:

I just posted my predictions for AOTY check it out:
    blackboybulletin.wordpress.com/2017/10/09/2018-grammys-predictions-album-of-the-year/

At the moment, I don’t have the courage to predict Gambino in any general category, but this is his year – just look at his success with Atlanta: he won as a lead actor even when the series itself couldn’t win (and even though his acting wasn’t the best part of the show).
    He’s very likeable and his album is actually extremely good, and not too complicated. You might be very well right about his chances 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Marco B..
    ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m more curious to know which song will be nominated for SOTY. I can’t see them choosing between ‘Million Reasons’ and ‘Castle on the Hill’. These songs are good but I don’t think they deserve to win SOTY. Any suggestions?

ReplyCopy URL
    darrenc95
    Participant
    Topics:

Moving on from the disillusion of Lorde’s Grammy chances…

Who are the frontrunners in the Country field??? This is the category I know the least, but I’ll take a swing at it…

Country Solo Performance:
    Sam Hunt – “Body Like A Back Road”
    Miranda Lambert – “Tin Man”
    Maren Morris – “I Could Use A Love Song”
    Jon Pardi – “Dirt On My Boots”
    Chris Stapleton – “Broken Halos”

Country Duo/Group/Collaboration:
    Little Big Town – “Better Man”
    Thomas Rhett featuring Maren Morris – “Craving You”
    Kane Brown featuring Lauren Alaina – “What Ifs”
    Brothers Osbourne – “It Ain’t My Fault”
    Florida Georgia Line featuring Backstreet Boys – “God, Your Mama and Me” (not sure if this was submitted last year though)

Country Song:
    “Better Man” (Little Big Town)
    “Body Like A Back Road” (Sam Hunt)
    “Craving You” (Thomas Rhett featuring Maren Morris)
    “Tin Man” (Miranda Lambert)
    “Broken Halos” (Chris Stapleton)
    “They Don’t Know” (Jason Aldean)

Country Album:
    Chris Stapleton – From A Room: Vol. 1
    Miranda Lambert – The Weight of These Wings
    Shania Twain – Now
    Zac Brown Band – Welcome Home
    Thomas Rhett – Life Changes

Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood are a virtual lock for a Country Duo/Group nomination with The Fighter.

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

Who are the frontrunners in the Country field??? This is the category I know the least, but I’ll take a swing at it…

Country Album:
    Shania Twain – Now

Because her newest album was more country instead of bluegrass, this is where we could find Alison Krauss. (smiles)

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly (a fan of Alison since 1994)

P.S. She is already no stranger to the award getting it in early 2006 for Lonely Runs Both Ways. (smiles)

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    KaRol
    Participant
    Topics:

Moving on from the disillusion of Lorde’s Grammy chances…

Country Solo Performance:
    Sam Hunt – “Body Like A Back Road”
    Miranda Lambert – “Tin Man”
    Maren Morris – “I Could Use A Love Song”
    Jon Pardi – “Dirt On My Boots”
    Chris Stapleton – “Broken Halos”

Country Duo/Group/Collaboration:
    Little Big Town – “Better Man”
    Thomas Rhett featuring Maren Morris – “Craving You”
    Kane Brown featuring Lauren Alaina – “What Ifs”
    Brothers Osbourne – “It Ain’t My Fault”
    Florida Georgia Line featuring Backstreet Boys – “God, Your Mama and Me” (not sure if this was submitted last year though)

Country Song:
    “Better Man” (Little Big Town)
    “Body Like A Back Road” (Sam Hunt)
    “Craving You” (Thomas Rhett featuring Maren Morris)
    “Tin Man” (Miranda Lambert)
    “Broken Halos” (Chris Stapleton)
    “They Don’t Know” (Jason Aldean)

Country Album:
    Shania Twain – Now

Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood are a virtual lock for a Country Duo/Group nomination with The Fighter.

nope. The Fighter was submitted last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    BreakerofChains
    Participant
    Topics:

I just posted my predictions for AOTY check it out: blackboybulletin.wordpress.com/2017/10/09/2018-grammys-predictions-album-of-the-year/

I stopped reading when that blog mentioned the Adele and Beck albums as being “mediocre white albums” lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    KaRol
    Participant
    Topics:

i just checked the timetable for this year’s Grammy voting and i was surprised at how little time NARAS gives for voting. only 2 weeks for first round of votng (it took 3 weeks usually). i wonder how it will affect the final outcome.

also, i pray that NUCat or anyone else will be able to tell us something about this year’s submissions.

ReplyCopy URL
    BreakerofChains
    Participant
    Topics:

Foo Fighter’s Concrete and Gold is sitting with a 72 on metacritic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marco B.
    Participant
    Topics:

Foo Fighter’s Concrete and Gold is sitting with a 72 on metacritic.

It would be enough. Babel won and has a 63 on Metacritic. That was an exception, probably, but I think everything more than 70 is enough.

ReplyCopy URL
    KBDenis
    Participant
    Topics:

I just posted my predictions for AOTY check it out:
    blackboybulletin.wordpress.com/2017/10/09/2018-grammys-predictions-album-of-the-year/

recap: my final predictions were Ed, Kendrick, Miranda, Childish Gambino, and Bruno.

I break down my process by locks, near locks, on the fence, and longshots. I cover the chances of a total of 20 albums so check it out

ReplyCopy URL
    Rinolo Twenty-two
    Participant
    Topics:

i just checked the timetable for this year’s Grammy voting and i was surprised at how little time NARAS gives for voting. only 2 weeks for first round of votng (it took 3 weeks usually). i wonder how it will affect the final outcome.

also, i pray that NUCat or anyone else will be able to tell us something about this year’s submissions.

Only two weeks? Something tells me NUCat won’t have enough time to give us most of the submissions. I hope I’m wrong.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tarcísio Ferreira
    Participant
    Topics:

i just checked the timetable for this year’s Grammy voting and i was surprised at how little time NARAS gives for voting. only 2 weeks for first round of votng (it took 3 weeks usually). i wonder how it will affect the final outcome. also, i pray that NUCat or anyone else will be able to tell us something about this year’s submissions.

Only two weeks? Something tells me NUCat won’t have enough time to give us most of the submissions. I hope I’m wrong.

It’s gonna be online this time, makes sense

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m more curious to know which song will be nominated for SOTY. I can’t see them choosing between ‘Million Reasons’ and ‘Castle on the Hill’. These songs are good but I don’t think they deserve to win SOTY. Any suggestions?

Nah both are good for SOTY, probably much better than the Academy’s previous picks (like Single Ladies).

In both songs you can really feel the genuineness of the artist. In both Castle on the Hill and Million Reasons, the lyrics come from a deep personal place in the songwriter’s heart. In Ed’s case, it’s a plea to go back to the old simple days before Fame changed his life, and made him lose simple things that he now founds very valuable.

In Gaga’s case, the lyrics are inspired by her breakup with her fiance. The Academy certainly love it when the artist turn their sorrow into well-written lyrics, or in Adele’s words “turn [their] sorrow into treasured gold” lol..

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

I really think Ed Sheeran is taking SOTY home. Shape of You needs more 4 weeks to become the longest run at number one on Adult Contemporary, breaking the record. And he will probably go with Shape for pop solo. Why should he choose “Castle on the Hill” instead of a 12 weeks number one song?

I don’t think they will give two performance nominations to Taylor Swift. They will put her in one of them. If she takes Pop duo with Zayn, won’t be in pop solo or vice versa.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

He might go with “Castle on the Hill” in SOTY because that song didn’t have a controversy with its songwriting, and it’s more of a songwriter’s song. “Shape of You” is safer in ROTY than SOTY. It has already been discussed.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 1,446 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.