Home Forums Music 2018 Grammy Award Discussion (Continued)

2018 Grammy Award Discussion (Continued)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 944 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 hour ago
( +11 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • darrenc95
    Participant
    Topics:

As far as the Metallica/Foo Fighters conversation goes, I think the Foos have the edge. Hard rock is less polarizing than metal, they have a better Grammy track record, and their album was produced by Greg Kurstin who just won Producer of the Year. I think voters will appreciate the ’70s throwback sound too.

ReplyCopy URL
    TheZeitergeist3
    Participant
    Topics:

RECORD OF THE YEAR Imagine Dragons, “Believer” Khalid, “Location” Kendrick Lamar, “Humble” Bruno Mars, “That’s What I Like” Ed Sheeran, “Shape of You” ALBUM OF THE YEAR Kendrick Lamar, Damn Bruno Mars, 24K Magic Metallica, Hardwired…to Self Destruct Ed Sheeran, Divide The Weeknd, Starboy SONG OF THE YEAR Childish Gambino, “Redbone” Imagine Dragons, “Believer” Kendrick Lamar, “Humble” Logic (feat. Alessia Cara & Khalid) – “1-800-273-8255” Ed Sheeran, “Shape of You” BEST NEW ARTIST Cardi B Khalid Julia Michaels Rag’n’Bone Man SZA

If these are accurate can’t wait for #GrammysSoSexist to be trending.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodriguez
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think “Feel It Still” will be nominated in the General Field. I think the song is still too new and voters won’t be able to recognize the song title or artist on the ballot. Right now its still “that song from that commercial.” Plus the song is very dated and not entirely original (sounds like a re-hash of “Happy” by Pharrell, if you ask me). It is a hit song though, so you never know… we’ll see.

I can see a scenario where Imagine Dragons are nominated in Album of the Year (biggest selling rock band of 2017)… however, it is hard to imagine them getting in over Metallica or Foo Fighters as Xtina mentioned. In terms of sales + critics + overdue legend status, I would give the edge to Metallica to score a nomination.

Portugal. The Man are not a new act, they’ve been around for a while, and it would be a very Grammy-like decision to finally acknowledge their work. Imagine Dragons could be snubbed for all we know. The Grammy’s have never been very fond on them either way, and their last album was panned by critics. Metallica has sold more, and received better reviews.
    Feel It Still is almost a top 5 hit, and the voting will line up perfectly with the song’s peak in popularity, so I wouldn’t count them out, especially since is very hard to find rock songs charting high in 2017.
    I would place Thunder as Imagine Dragon’s Pop entry, and Believer as their Rock entry. It would be a smart decision, and I could see both getting a nomination. Evolve could sneak in Rock Album, or alternative. Feel It Still will do the best if it can get in Rock. I can see them winning Rock Song and Believer winning Rock Performance. Either could get into the General Field, but I’m going with Feel It Still for now.
    Rock Album is probably going to Linkin Park, or Metallica. Alternative could go to Portugal. The Man as well, but if the Grammy’s want to award more people, they’ll go with LCD Soundsystem or The War on Drugs.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know if CariB is eligible for BNA, has she released an album this year?

ReplyCopy URL
    darrenc95
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know if CariB is eligible for BNA, has she released an album this year?

She’s eligible. Two of her mixtapes were released commercially and should therefore count as albums.

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

After hearing “Make A Little” which is the new song from the new act in country music named Midland, I would LOVE to see them in there for the Best New Artist award, but I guess that isn’t possible since they weren’t nominated for the CMA Best New Artist award?

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Even if Cardi B. is eligible for Best New Artist, I doubt she gets in. Khalid and SZA will fill the urban slots.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

RECORD OF THE YEAR Imagine Dragons, “Believer” Khalid, “Location” Kendrick Lamar, “Humble” Bruno Mars, “That’s What I Like” Ed Sheeran, “Shape of You” ALBUM OF THE YEAR Kendrick Lamar, Damn Bruno Mars, 24K Magic Metallica, Hardwired…to Self Destruct Ed Sheeran, Divide The Weeknd, Starboy SONG OF THE YEAR Childish Gambino, “Redbone” Imagine Dragons, “Believer” Kendrick Lamar, “Humble” Logic (feat. Alessia Cara & Khalid) – “1-800-273-8255” Ed Sheeran, “Shape of You” BEST NEW ARTIST Cardi B Khalid Julia Michaels Rag’n’Bone Man SZA

If these are accurate can’t wait for #GrammysSoSexist to be trending.

You can’t be mad if the nominations reflect the weak year females have had on the charts. It’s not 2011 anymore. Men are dominating right now. It is what it is.

ReplyCopy URL
    KaRol
    Participant
    Topics:

After hearing “Make A Little” which is the new song from the new act in country music named Midland, I would LOVE to see them in there for the Best New Artist award, but I guess that isn’t possible since they weren’t nominated for the CMA Best New Artist award?

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

“Drinkin’ Problem” is also great. I wish High Valley’s “Make You Mine” was eligible, it is very energetic tune 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    JR31500
    Participant
    Topics:

RECORD OF THE YEAR Imagine Dragons, “Believer” Khalid, “Location” Kendrick Lamar, “Humble” Bruno Mars, “That’s What I Like” Ed Sheeran, “Shape of You” ALBUM OF THE YEAR Kendrick Lamar, Damn Bruno Mars, 24K Magic Metallica, Hardwired…to Self Destruct Ed Sheeran, Divide The Weeknd, Starboy SONG OF THE YEAR Childish Gambino, “Redbone” Imagine Dragons, “Believer” Kendrick Lamar, “Humble” Logic (feat. Alessia Cara & Khalid) – “1-800-273-8255” Ed Sheeran, “Shape of You ringtoneBEST NEW ARTIST Cardi B Khalid Julia Michaels Rag’n’Bone Man SZA

Khalid is nowhere near Record of the Year. I think the voters will snub Starboy for AOTY. He hasn’t really received rave reviews nor massive commercial success. “Believer” is not going to be nominated for both ROTY and SOTY. ROTY is more likely and you missed Lady Gaga’s Million Reasons for SOTY. It is definitely near a lock for SOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lucas Fenty
    Participant
    Topics:

RECORD OF THE YEAR

Despacito – Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee ft. Justin Bieber

HUMBLE. – Kendrick Lamar

Look What You Made Me Do – Taylor Swift

Shape Of You – Ed Sheeran

That’s What I Like – Bruno Mars

ALBUM OF THE YEAR

DAMN. – Kendrick Lamar

Divide – Ed Sheeran

Hardwired… to Self-Destruct – Metallica

Melodrama – Lorde

24k Magic – Bruno Mars

SONG OF THE YEAR

Believer – (Imagine Dragons)

Body Like A Back Road – (Sam Hunt)

Castle On The Hill – (Ed Sheeran)

HUMBLE. – (Kendrick Lamar)

1-800-273-8255 – (Logic ft. Alessia Cara, Khalid)

BEST NEW ARTIST

Julia Michaels

Khalid

Logic

Luke Combs

SZA

BEST POP SOLO PERFORMANCE

Look What You Made Me Do – Taylor Swift

Million Reasons – Lady Gaga

That’s What I Like – Bruno Mars

Too Good At Goodbyes – Sam Smith

Shape Of You – Ed Sheeran

BEST POP DUO/GROUP PERFORMANCE

Despacito – Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee ft. Justin Bieber

Don’t Wanna Know – Maroon 5 ft. Kendrick Lamar

I Feel It Coming – The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk

Something Just Like This – The Chainsmokers & Coldplay

Wild Thoughts – DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna & Bryon Tiller

• This reply was modified 3 days, 14 hours ago by  Lucas Fenty.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! “Million Reason” is NOT near a lock for SOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    KBDenis
    Participant
    Topics:

My SOTY predictions and breakdown article is live: https://blackboybulletin.wordpress.com/2017/10/13/2018-grammys-predictions-song-of-the-year/

• This reply was modified 3 days, 8 hours ago by  KBDenis.
    ReplyCopy URL
    JR31500
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey I’m real. Million Reasons is NEAR a lock for SOTY. It’s one of the biggest female songs this year and received enormous exposure.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 8 hours ago by  JR31500.
    ReplyCopy URL
    TheZeitergeist3
    Participant
    Topics:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/grammys/7990255/grammy-nominations-predictions-ed-sheeran-sza-cardi-b?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Honey, It’s a lock to the Editorial Director at Billboard. Just cause you don’t like her, honey doesn’t change the fact that it’s probably the most significant female record of the past year, honey. Honey, It’s a lock. Get over yourself, HONEY (See isn’t it annoying?)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 944 total)
Reply To: 2018 Grammy Award Discussion (Continued)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.