Home Forums Music 2018 Grammy Award Discussion (Continued)

2018 Grammy Award Discussion (Continued)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 1,446 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
7 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • TheZeitergeist3
    Participant
    Topics:

“Love On the Brain” is a bigger hit than Million Reasons. It would’ve been a bigger General Field “lock” than Million Reasons if it was eligible. But nevertheless Gaga will get in SOTY. This is her best chance at a General Field win in a long time. A big name artist will be snubbed per usual. I’m thinking it will be The Weeknd. The only category where he’s almost a lock for a nomination is Urban Contemporary Album. It’s not hard to imagine him missing out on noms next year.

I should’ve said “eligible”, don’t think Love on the Brain is eligible unless they submit a live version to Pop Solo right?

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, I’m sick and tired of discussing that trick Lady Gaga.
    “Million Reasons” was a flop. It’s a strong possibility that Gaga won’t get any General field nominations. Accept it, monsters!

ReplyCopy URL
    darrenc95
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m starting to think Kesha has a better chance than Gaga in SOTY, and is a serious possibility in ROTY as well. What is everyone else thinking?

ReplyCopy URL
    Radiomon
    Participant
    Topics:

“Million Reasons” was a flop.

xtina

ReplyCopy URL
    BreakerofChains
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m starting to think Kesha has a better chance than Gaga in SOTY, and is a serious possibility in ROTY as well. What is everyone else thinking?

I’m not sure her profile is big enough. She is definitely getting in pop vocal album and performance. These types of artists tend to get a couple of genre nominations as their reward.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

PREDICTION: “Shape of You” WILL be the worst song ever to be nominated for Song of the Year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodriguez
    Participant
    Topics:

PREDICTION: “Shape of You” WILL be the worst song ever to be nominated for Song of the Year.

Single Ladies and Poker Face are far, far worst

ReplyCopy URL
    BreakerofChains
    Participant
    Topics:

Single Ladies and Poker Face are far, far worst

I think “Poker Face” is pretty cleverly written and has a nice melody.

I would say “Single Ladies” and “Formation” are the weakest from a songwriting standpoint.

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

After hearing “Make A Little” which is the new song from the new act in country music named Midland, I would LOVE to see them in there for the Best New Artist award, but I guess that isn’t possible since they weren’t nominated for the CMA Best New Artist award?

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

“Drinkin’ Problem” is also great. I wish High Valley’s “Make You Mine” was eligible, it is very energetic tune ????

I LOVE the High Valley duo! If “Make You Mine” can’t be submitted, I hope that their newest song named “She’s With Me” can be in there. Sadly the stations in my area do not play that song enough and I hate it!!!

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. Besides those two awesome songs, I have also heard from them two more songs named “Love You For A Long time” and “Dear Life” and they are just as good! “Dear Life” to me is one heck of a song! (smiles)

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! “Poker Face” and “Shape of You” are NOT lyrically better than “Single Ladies.” What in the Lindsay Lohan is going on!

ReplyCopy URL
    brittanymiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmao all the delusional Monsters supporting Lady Flopga blindly. You all know that she has zero General Field wins and are behaving like sore losers!

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Any person who is not obsessed with hating on Gaga, can clearly see that Poker Face is lyrically better than Single Ladies.

Put the lyrics against each other and compare, unless you can’t tell the difference because your english is of 5th grade too…

I personally stopped discussing music that much on these forums, because I’ve come to realize that it’s mainly a war between fan bases who judge records based on their personal tastes in music rather than fairly/impartially reviewing the material (even though impartiality is limited to a certain extent per say).

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    brittanymiles
    Participant
    Topics:

On behalf of the Swifties and our formal alliance with the BeyHive, Rihanna Navy, Daydreamers, KatyCats, Beliebers, Hooligans, Sheerios, Lovatics, Harmonizers, Directioners, Mixers, Selenators and Arianators, we are declaring war against you rotten Little Monsters on this forum!

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodriguez
    Participant
    Topics:

both are shit, end of this conversation

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

On behalf of the Swifties and our formal alliance with the BeyHive, Rihanna Navy, Daydreamers, KatyCats, Beliebers, Hooligans, Sheerios, Lovatics, Harmonizers, Directioners, Mixers, Selenators and Arianators, we are declaring war against you rotten Little Monsters on this forum!

Why are you on these forums if it’s to troll? I just wonder..

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 1,446 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.