Home Forums Music 2018 Grammy Award Discussion (Continued)

2018 Grammy Award Discussion (Continued)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 1,446 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • BreakerofChains
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not sure why some of these experts keep mentioning Harry Styles as a general field contender.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Wouldn’t be surprised at all if Havana gets a Pop Duo Group nomination tbh

If Fifth Harmony missed out here, why would Camilla be nominated?

It’s easy to predict at least three of the nominations for Pop Group every year.

ReplyCopy URL
    darrenc95
    Participant
    Topics:

Wouldn’t be surprised at all if Havana gets a Pop Duo Group nomination tbh

I would be. Havana is just now starting to get big, and Camila’s target audience (teenagers) doesn’t reflect the Grammy voting base.

P!nk is on track to sell 300k+ first week with her album. Could she get a surprise Pop Solo nomination?

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodriguez
    Participant
    Topics:

I would be. Havana is just now starting to get big, and Camila’s target audience (teenagers) doesn’t reflect the Grammy voting base.

P!nk is on track to sell 300k+ first week with her album. Could she get a surprise Pop Solo nomination?

No. She won`t.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodriguez
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m no fan of Ms. Cabello, but Havana was produced by Pharell, and he could certainly move some votes. Plus, the timing would be right for a performance, that will certainly get teenagers interested in the Grammy’s.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gagamon
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not feeling camila at the grammys, she is not even at selena gomez’s level…

Let’s see how it goes

ReplyCopy URL
    darrenc95
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m no fan of Ms. Cabello, but Havana was produced by Pharell, and he could certainly move some votes. Plus, the timing would be right for a performance, that will certainly get teenagers interested in the Grammy’s.

There are too many strong contenders for Havana to be in any sort of serious conversation.

If you actually think it can break Pop Duo/Group over Despacito, SJLT, IFIC, 1-800, Zayn & Taylor Swift, Maroon 5, hell even lower tier contenders like Calvin Harris and Liam Payne… you’re smoking something.

Camila has a better chance of getting in with her other song with Machine Gun Kelly (which is also an extremely long shot).

ReplyCopy URL
    KBDenis
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Paul Grein seems to be off this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lucas Fenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I really don’t see “Wild Thoughts” getting a ROTY nomination and I say this as a Rihanna fan. The production is too similar to that of “Maria Maria” and DJ Khaled has only had two Grammy nominations in his entire career, Rap/Sung Collaboration and Rap Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    KBDenis
    Participant
    Topics:

I really don’t see “Wild Thoughts” getting a ROTY nomination and I say this as a Rihanna fan. The production is too similar to that of “Maria Maria” and DJ Khaled has only had two Grammy nominations in his entire career, Rap/Sung Collaboration and Rap Album.

I’m predicting due to the lack of a female nominee, a way to make up for the ANTI snubs, and the ubiquity of the track.

P.S. see my AOTY/SOTY/ROTY breakdowns/predictions here: http://blackboybulletin.wordpress.com

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! Camila Cabello is NOT getting any nominations. Put down the crack pipe.

ReplyCopy URL
    appleseedjohnny
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree. I’m not even really expecting a nomination for “Wild Thoughts”. Rihanna should receive a nomination/likely win for “LOYALTY” in Rap Sung anyway.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Paul Grein seems to be off this year.

He really does.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miguel Terel Kabigting
    Participant
    Topics:

Despacito will get snubbed in the General field. Taylor Swift might get to ROTY, but she will not win against Ed Sheeran’s Shape of You.

MtlKabigting

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 1,446 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.