Home Forums Music 2018 Grammy Award Discussion (Part 3: NewCat Submissions Edition)

2018 Grammy Award Discussion (Part 3: NewCat Submissions Edition)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,415 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
19 hours ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
darrenc95
JB_BelieberBoy_
M
  • Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

October predictions:

RECORD OF THE YEAR
    Luis Fonsi feat. Daddy Yankess & Justin Bieber, “Despacito”
    Kendrick Lamar, “HUMBLE.”
    Portugal. The Man, “Feel It Still”
    Ed Sheeran, “Shape of You”
    A Tribe Called Quest, “We The People…”

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    Foo Fighters, Concrete and Gold
    Kendrick Lamar, DAMN.
    Bruno Mars, 24K Magic
    Metallica, Hardwired… to Self-Destruct
    Ed Sheeran, Divide

SONG OF THE YEAR
    “HUMBLE.” – Kendrick Duckworth & Michael Williams II, songwriters (Kendrick Lamar)
    “Million Reasons” – Stefani Germanotta, Hillary Lindsey & Mark Ronson, songwriters (Lady Gaga)
    “Redbone” – Donald Glover & Ludwig Göransson, songwriters (Childish Gambino)
    “Say You Won’t Let Go” – James Arthur, Neil Ormandy & Steve Solomon, songwriters (James Arthur)
    “Shape of You” – Steve Mac, Johnny McDaid & Ed Sheeran [Kandi Burruss Tameka Cottle & Kevin Briggs], songwriters (Ed Sheeran)

BEST NEW ARTIST
    James Arthur
    Alessia Cara
    Khalid
    Midland
    SZA

ReplyCopy URL
    JB_BelieberBoy_
    Participant
    Topics:

Record of the year:

Despacito Remix (Locked)

Shape of you (Locked)

Humble (Locked)

Look what you made me do

Wild thoughts/I’m the one

More options: Praying, Bad things, Feel it still, 24k magic, 1-800…

Song of the year:

Million reasons (Locked)

Humble (Locked)

Shape of you

Praying

Greenlight

Other options: LWYMMD, That’s what I like, Despacito Remix, 1-800…

I think that we should consider the chances of winning a grammy of I’m the one, because ut debuted number 1, and remember that Chance has 4 grammys from last year!

ReplyCopy URL
    JB_BelieberBoy_
    Participant
    Topics:

What do u think about Havana? Good in the charts, in spotify, in sales…and the video has been showed today, and it’s really good, BUT too long… I think Camila could easily enters in best dance recording and maybe in pop duo group with bad things. Havana should has been submitted for next year…

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

What do u think about Havana? Good in the charts, in spotify, in sales…and the video has been showed today, and it’s really good, BUT too long… I think Camila could easily enters in best dance recording and maybe in pop duo group with bad things. Havana should has been submitted for next year…

Learn how the Grammys work please.

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

You really have a lot to learn before doing any prediction.

ReplyCopy URL
    ichiki
    Participant
    Topics:

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, do recording package submissions go out I know it’s a craft committee thing but I saw in a previous year’s thread that they were noted as well when someone posted artist submission lists.

ReplyCopy URL
    JB_BelieberBoy_
    Participant
    Topics:

Last year, most of you didnt think that Purpose could became nominated for AOTY…and u were wrong ad i was right! So shut up, all of the submissions, ALL have chances, we are only predicting.

U should respect all the predictors if u want respect.

I didn’t say that Havana could became nominated, i only said that is a huge success, and if it would be presented for Grammy 2019 and their views go well and ingress into top 5, could do but this year, with the video today, it doesnt have any chances.

I respect more the opinion of Forbes and Billboard than all of urs combined, and i am also aware of people here are all Little monsters and as they told me Anti-selenators. U think ur opinion is true for me? NO

I hate so many singers, but i can see their chances. I hate Lorde, but she has a minim chance in AOTY, or i hate Kendrick, and he will win.

So many of u hate Justin, and are not able to say the remix has been a great success and they probably nominate it? With it, u are being too jealous of him, and too IMMATURE. Despite hating him or no, u should be able to see his chances.

And what about selena? She doesn’t sing? Why Bad Liar is acclaimed? Why It aint me is acclaimed? Why she has more awards than all the ex- disney acts? Why? Why cant the success It aint me nominated, because is Selena? U should accept she has chances, AT LEAST ACEPT IT.

And Kesha not nominated… Why? She sing better than Sheeran and Kendrick, BUT with Animal the voters didnt respect her, despite being nominated to Juno awards. Kesha SHOULD be nominated, bcause od the message and her voice. Has critical acclaim? YES. More than Greenlight? YES. Why she wont be nominated? She has never been nominated. Grammys has lost their essence, they are like other awards, they are only based in charts sales…DISGUSTING

So let people do their predictions in peace, u cant reply them, thats a page for it, but all the time talking bad about them? First, we are persons, and many of u, has forgotten that. If u are not prepared to ser up a conversation, who should go out are u, not me.

ReplyCopy URL
    JB_BelieberBoy_
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>And dont repeat me that I should learn to make predictions, start by being a better person and be focused in ur life. Let the others make predictions, u will be wrong, i will be wrong, u are not better than me and i am not better than u, but one thing, i can set up a conversation without talking bad about others much better than you</p>

ReplyCopy URL
    WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

I still can’t believe that Imagine Dragon’s chose “Thunder” and not “Believer” as their ROTY and SOTY choice. I know “Thunder” is a rising hit, but it’s no where near the level of “Believer.” You just couldn’t escape that song.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

Last year, most of you didnt think that Purpose could became nominated for AOTY…and u were wrong ad i was right! So shut up, all of the submissions, ALL have chances, we are only predicting. U should respect all the predictors if u want respect. I didn’t say that Havana could became nominated, i only said that is a huge success, and if it would be presented for Grammy 2019 and their views go well and ingress into top 5, could do but this year, with the video today, it doesnt have any chances. I respect more the opinion of Forbes and Billboard than all of urs combined, and i am also aware of people here are all Little monsters and as they told me Anti-selenators. U think ur opinion is true for me? NO I hate so many singers, but i can see their chances. I hate Lorde, but she has a minim chance in AOTY, or i hate Kendrick, and he will win. So many of u hate Justin, and are not able to say the remix has been a great success and they probably nominate it? With it, u are being too jealous of him, and too IMMATURE. Despite hating him or no, u should be able to see his chances. And what about selena? She doesn’t sing? Why Bad Liar is acclaimed? Why It aint me is acclaimed? Why she has more awards than all the ex- disney acts? Why? Why cant the success It aint me nominated, because is Selena? U should accept she has chances, AT LEAST ACEPT IT. And Kesha not nominated… Why? She sing better than Sheeran and Kendrick, BUT with Animal the voters didnt respect her, despite being nominated to Juno awards. Kesha SHOULD be nominated, bcause od the message and her voice. Has critical acclaim? YES. More than Greenlight? YES. Why she wont be nominated? She has never been nominated. Grammys has lost their essence, they are like other awards, they are only based in charts sales…DISGUSTING So let people do their predictions in peace, u cant reply them, thats a page for it, but all the time talking bad about them? First, we are persons, and many of u, has forgotten that. If u are not prepared to ser up a conversation, who should go out are u, not me.

OMG Just go away!

ReplyCopy URL
    RadioGAGAhead
    Participant
    Topics:

Post-Submission October Predictions:

AOTY
    24kMagic– Bruno Mars
    DAMN.-Kendrick Lamar
    Divide– Ed Sheeran
    Hardwired… to Self Destruct– Metallica
    Starboy– The Weeknd

-I want to predict Miranda Lambert because she would check off the country and female boxes, and she is clearly overdue, but I’ve learned my lesson in years past. Otherwise, my only country prediction is in BNA… The Weeknd would bring ratings, but he could be easily overlooked.

ROTY
    “Despacito”- Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee feat. Justin Bieber
    “Feel It Still”- Portugal. The Man
    “HUMBLE.”- Kendrick Lamar
    “Redbone”-Childish Gambino
    “Shape of You”- Ed Sheeran

SOTY
    “1-800-273-8255” (Logic feat. Alessia Cara & Khalid)
    “HUMBLE.” (Kendrick Lamar)
    “Million Reasons” (Lady Gaga)
    “Praying” (Kesha)
    “That’s What I Like” (Bruno Mars)

BNA
    Alessia Cara
    Julia Michaels
    Khalid
    Midland (or Brett Young/Luke Combs)
    SZA

ReplyCopy URL
    darrenc95
    Participant
    Topics:

Paul Grein is now predicting the following albums for AOTY:

÷
    DAMN.
    The Weight of These Wings
    Harry Styles
    Ctrl

…I want what he’s smoking.

ReplyCopy URL
    sheeriofly
    Participant
    Topics:

October Predictions:

AOTY
    Divide – Ed Sheeran
    DAMN. – Kendrick Lamar
    24K Magic – Bruno Mars
    Hardwired… to Self Destruct – Metallica
    Windy City – Alison Krauss or maybe Starboy – The Weeknd

ROTY
    “Despacito”- Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee feat. Justin Bieber
    “Shape of You” – Ed Sheeran
    “HUMBLE.” – Kendrick Lamar
    “Feel It Still” – Portugal. The Man
    “Wild Thoughts”- DJ Khaled feat. Rihanna and Bryson Tiller

SOTY
    “That’s What I Like” – Bruno Mars
    “Shape of You”- Ed Sheeran
    “1-800-273-8255” – Logic feat. Alessia Cara & Khalid
    “Million Reasons” – Lady Gaga

BNA
    SZA
    Alessia Cara
    Julia Michaels
    Khalid
    not sure about the 5th slot

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I would love for Ctrl to be the Good Kid, m.A.A.d city of the year, though. It’s one of the most acclaimed albums of the year, and it has had success.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kadeem Lee
    Participant
    Topics:

Post submissions predictions.

AOTY:

DAMN. – Kendrick Lamar
    Divide – Ed Sheeran
    Hardwired…to Self Destruct – Metallica
    The Weight of these Wings – Miranda Lambert
    24K Magic – Bruno Mars

ROTY:

“Despacito (remix)” – Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee f/ Justin Bieber
    “Shape of You” – Ed Sheeran
    “Praying” – Kesha
    “1-800-273-8255” – Logic f/Alessia Cara& Khalid

SOTY:
    “Shape of You” (Ed Sheeran)
    “That’s What I Like” (Bruno Mars)
    “HUMBLE.” (Kendrick Lamar)
    “Million Reasons” (Lady Gaga)
    “Say You Wont Let Go” (James Arthur)

BNA:

SZA
    Khalid
    Alessia Cara
    Midland
    Vince Staples

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,415 total)
Reply To: 2018 Grammy Award Discussion (Part 3: NewCat Submissions Edition)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.