Home Forums Music 2018 Grammy Award Discussion (Part 3: NewCat Submissions Edition)

2018 Grammy Award Discussion (Part 3: NewCat Submissions Edition)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,351 through 1,365 (of 1,415 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
darrenc95
JB_BelieberBoy_
M
  • Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone think “Despacito” will go home empty-handed? Right now, I’m predicting it to win Record of the Year and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. However, I can see an “One Sweet Day” scenario where it loses all three of its nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I keep changing pop solo from ed sheeran to kelly clarkson and back….this category is killing me.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone think “Despacito” will go home empty-handed? Right now, I’m predicting it to win Record of the Year and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. However, I can see an “One Sweet Day” scenario where it loses all three of its nominations.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it wins all of its nominations. It could really go either way with that song.

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, this forum is rather quiet during this awful Grammy season. 2017 was really a craptastic year in music. Usually, this board is lit during Grammy season.

Besides the lack of divas, which is a fair point, you can also blame it on the annoying, and in my opinion, highly unnecessary long wait between nominations and the ceremony.

Nominations were a month ago, we said what we needed to say (over and over again) and we’re still like a month and a half away. How many times can we type the same thing? I kbow I definitely lost interest in this weeks ago.

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Besides the lack of divas, which is a fair point, you can also blame it on the annoying, and in my opinion, highly unnecessary long wait between nominations and the ceremony.

Nominations were a month ago, we said what we needed to say (over and over again) and we’re still like a month and a half away. How many times can we type the same thing? I kbow I definitely lost interest in this weeks ago.

Goldderby should promote more slugfests with experts to heat things up

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, this forum is rather quiet during this awful Grammy season. 2017 was really a craptastic year in music. Usually, this board is lit during Grammy season.

The Grammys are only a month away, not “like a month and a half away.” lol

I do agree that the Grammys feel too long after the nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    JB_BelieberBoy_
    Participant
    Topics:

I think someone tooold me about comebacks… Please,the facts, the facts (some of the things in the photo are not updated). I won’t post more photos like this as you know, BUT don’t say I’m wrong. I’m not.

ReplyCopy URL
    JB_BelieberBoy_
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, about what Xtina said before. I think that Despacito Remix shouldn’t go home empty handed, BUT i think there are many facts for which it will probably will. I hope the grammys still being about popularity in charts and sales.

Facts for which it will probably lose:

-It won at Latin grammys, they prefer to give it to another one.

-They won’t assist to the gala (we don’t know it btw)

-The Latin genre is not wel received by the voters

-Despacito has been too much (i love it) in the radios, and voters could be bored od listening it

-Most important, if you could see my favorite singers, in grammys they usually loses, and Justin is not an exception (last year, but i hope this year change)

-The lyrics are not known by the voters, and they have a bad look about them

-Many people hate Justin and probably many voters will help haters

-Usually who wins big at AMAs loses at Grammys, and Despacito won everything was nominated (remix versión, not video)

WELL, by the way, if Grammys still being comercial, what i hope, Despacito hasn’t got any oponent. Has been certified diamond, with 11 platinum, and could became the best selling song in USA in history, surpasing Baby (Justin most selling again surpasing himself?). Despacito won at the Latin grammys, so the qualilty of he song has been recognized. Maybe we have some latin voters. Latin genre must be recognized, and this is the year, with the biggest spanish song in history. Despacito is the only song nominated in both, ROTY and SOTY, so… why not?

In my predictions I will ALWAYS write Despacito and Rainbow as winners, because is what I want, but I think that we have more chances in ROTY and DG. DG is like a lock, but after the surprising lose of Work last year who knows.

ReplyCopy URL
    theexterminator
    Participant
    Topics:

Booooooooooooring.

ReplyCopy URL
    JB_BelieberBoy_
    Participant
    Topics:

Qué afán de protagonismo ahora no estamos hablando de ti, no te describas

ReplyCopy URL
    swift
    Participant
    Topics:

this bieber fan is really the most annoying person of this site lol

adeles comeback was bigger than any comeback including bieber

thats why she won pop vocal,pop solo, soty,aoty against him

just accept that.

ReplyCopy URL
    JB_BelieberBoy_
    Participant
    Topics:

hahahaha grammys don’t valorate the comebacks!! The comebacks is showed in charts, sales, streams… Adele sold so much, and Hello was unmber 1, but when we were young and send my love flopped so much!! I know this site is about grammys, but just accept the world isn’t only grammys. There are so more things to look.

ReplyCopy URL
    JB_BelieberBoy_
    Participant
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    JB_BelieberBoy_
    Participant
    Topics:

Ardan ardan

ReplyCopy URL
    theexterminator
    Participant
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,351 through 1,365 (of 1,415 total)
Reply To: 2018 Grammy Award Discussion (Part 3: NewCat Submissions Edition)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.