2018 Grammy Award Discussion

Home // Forums // Music // 2018 Grammy Award Discussion

Viewing 12 posts - 256 through 267 (of 267 total)

This topic contains 266 replies, has 8918 views, and was last updated by  GusCruz 2 hours, 34 minutes ago.

• Profile photo of Tyler [Last Name]Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Total Topics

I said it before and I will say it again…

Any bozo who is predicting “Shape of You” over “Castle on the Hill” is stupid, especially in SOTY. It will join the pantheon of the most BS and embarrassing SOTY nominees ever since “All About That Bass” and “Shake it Off”.

Profile photo of moviefan61794moviefan61794
    Participant
    Total Topics

Like I said previously, I don’t get the hate for Ed Sheeran’s new album. I think it’s great. I’m really liking his third single, Galway Girl. The only thing I don’t get is why it has 9 writers on it while it’s only 2:50 – the shortest song on the album.

It samples a song by another band whose writers are all credited, I believe.

Profile photo of DavebubeDavebube
    Participant
    Total Topics

Best New Artist
    Zara Larsson
    Chloe x Halle
    Khalid
    Maggie Rogers
    Aminé
    Rae Sremmurd
    Migos (?)

Profile photo of Jamesjames14
    Participant
    Total Topics

Like I said previously, I don’t get the hate for Ed Sheeran’s new album. I think it’s great. I’m really liking his third single, Galway Girl. The only thing I don’t get is why it has 9 writers on it while it’s only 2:50 – the shortest song on the album.

It samples a song by another band whose writers are all credited, I believe.

The songwriting list for “Shape of You” just got longer too, as all the songwriters for “No Scrubs” are now appropriately credited.

http://www.stereogum.com/1930925/writers-of-tlcs-no-scrubs-awarded-songwriting-credit-on-ed-sheerans-shape-of-you/news/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=timeline

Profile photo of MattMatt
    Participant
    Total Topics

Best New Artist
    Zara Larsson
    Chloe x Halle
    Khalid
    Maggie Rogers
    Aminé
    Rae Sremmurd
    Migos (?)

I kinda like Zara, but she really doesn’t have a chance at BNA. Her career did not happen here, So Good failed.

Profile photo of MattLegendOfMatt
    Participant
    Total Topics

Does anyone think Father John Misty’s new album could get into AotY? More and more people are discovering who he is, and his previous works have been acclaimed to high heaven.

Profile photo of Larry AbuliakDjoko
    Participant
    Total Topics

The songwriting list for “Shape of You” just got longer too, as all the songwriters for “No Scrubs” are now appropriately credited.

http://www.stereogum.com/1930925/writers-of-tlcs-no-scrubs-awarded-songwriting-credit-on-ed-sheerans-shape-of-you/news/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=timeline

Wow… Real Housewives of Atlanta’s Kandi Burruss now has another huge hit on her resume. She’ll be rolling in more dough now. Can Shape of You still be nominated in Song of the Year even though it samples No Scrubs? It would be awesome if Kandi could win another Grammy.

Profile photo of Colin Daviscolinfdavis
    Participant
    Total Topics

More BNA Contenders

Kehlani
    Julia Michaels
    Sampha

Ray’n’Bone Man
    James Arthur
    Jorja Smith (If she releases an album)

• This reply was modified 6 days, 15 hours ago by Profile photo of Colin Davis colinfdavis.
    • This reply was modified 6 days, 15 hours ago by Profile photo of Colin Davis colinfdavis.
    Profile photo of Marco B.Marco B.
    Participant
    Total Topics

Does anyone think Father John Misty’s new album could get into AotY? More and more people are discovering who he is, and his previous works have been acclaimed to high heaven.

It’d be nice. There’s often a spot in AOTY for non mainstream but acclaimed album, right? You should ask for more expert opinions than mine, but it doesn’t seem to be a good year for pop music so maybe there’s more room than usual for outsiders…

MyDreamADAM
    Participant
    Total Topics

Maybe Adam Lambert with his new Album this year. I HOPE SO!!!!

adamlambrts
    Participant
    Total Topics

Adam Lambert is by far the best singer of our generation. He can sing anything without effort, he hits notes I didn’t even know existed, he connects to the audience, his songs inspire millions of people around the world and he put his heart and soul into his songs. But still he is the most unappreciated singer I know… Now how is that possible?! (And Ibdid not just say that because I’m a fan, I said it because it’s the truth!!)

• This reply was modified 12 hours, 50 minutes ago by  adamlambrts.
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Total Topics

Two Adam Lambert stan accounts each with one post only, both joined today and posted minutes apart. Not even trying to pretend it’s not the same person!

Viewing 12 posts - 256 through 267 (of 267 total)
Reply To: 2018 Grammy Award Discussion

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.