2018 Grammy Award Discussion

Home // Forums // Music // 2018 Grammy Award Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 2,290 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
37 mins ago
( +32 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I said it before and I will say it again…

Any bozo who is predicting “Shape of You” over “Castle on the Hill” is stupid, especially in SOTY. It will join the pantheon of the most BS and embarrassing SOTY nominees ever since “All About That Bass” and “Shake it Off”.

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

Like I said previously, I don’t get the hate for Ed Sheeran’s new album. I think it’s great. I’m really liking his third single, Galway Girl. The only thing I don’t get is why it has 9 writers on it while it’s only 2:50 – the shortest song on the album.

It samples a song by another band whose writers are all credited, I believe.

ReplyCopy URL
    Davebube
    Participant
    Topics:

Best New Artist
    Zara Larsson
    Chloe x Halle
    Khalid
    Maggie Rogers
    Aminé
    Rae Sremmurd
    Migos (?)

ReplyCopy URL
    james14
    Participant
    Topics:

Like I said previously, I don’t get the hate for Ed Sheeran’s new album. I think it’s great. I’m really liking his third single, Galway Girl. The only thing I don’t get is why it has 9 writers on it while it’s only 2:50 – the shortest song on the album.

It samples a song by another band whose writers are all credited, I believe.

The songwriting list for “Shape of You” just got longer too, as all the songwriters for “No Scrubs” are now appropriately credited.

http://www.stereogum.com/1930925/writers-of-tlcs-no-scrubs-awarded-songwriting-credit-on-ed-sheerans-shape-of-you/news/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=timeline

ReplyCopy URL
    Matt
    Participant
    Topics:

Best New Artist
    Zara Larsson
    Chloe x Halle
    Khalid
    Maggie Rogers
    Aminé
    Rae Sremmurd
    Migos (?)

I kinda like Zara, but she really doesn’t have a chance at BNA. Her career did not happen here, So Good failed.

ReplyCopy URL
    LegendOfMatt
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone think Father John Misty’s new album could get into AotY? More and more people are discovering who he is, and his previous works have been acclaimed to high heaven.

ReplyCopy URL
    Djoko
    Participant
    Topics:

The songwriting list for “Shape of You” just got longer too, as all the songwriters for “No Scrubs” are now appropriately credited.

http://www.stereogum.com/1930925/writers-of-tlcs-no-scrubs-awarded-songwriting-credit-on-ed-sheerans-shape-of-you/news/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=timeline

Wow… Real Housewives of Atlanta’s Kandi Burruss now has another huge hit on her resume. She’ll be rolling in more dough now. Can Shape of You still be nominated in Song of the Year even though it samples No Scrubs? It would be awesome if Kandi could win another Grammy.

ReplyCopy URL
    colinfdavis
    Participant
    Topics:

More BNA Contenders

Kehlani
    Julia Michaels
    Sampha

Ray’n’Bone Man
    James Arthur
    Jorja Smith (If she releases an album)

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  colinfdavis.
    • This reply was modified 6 months ago by  colinfdavis.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Marco B.
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone think Father John Misty’s new album could get into AotY? More and more people are discovering who he is, and his previous works have been acclaimed to high heaven.

It’d be nice. There’s often a spot in AOTY for non mainstream but acclaimed album, right? You should ask for more expert opinions than mine, but it doesn’t seem to be a good year for pop music so maybe there’s more room than usual for outsiders…

ReplyCopy URL
    MyDreamADAM
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe Adam Lambert with his new Album this year. I HOPE SO!!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    adamlambrts
    Participant
    Topics:

Adam Lambert is by far the best singer of our generation. He can sing anything without effort, he hits notes I didn’t even know existed, he connects to the audience, his songs inspire millions of people around the world and he put his heart and soul into his songs. But still he is the most unappreciated singer I know… Now how is that possible?! (And Ibdid not just say that because I’m a fan, I said it because it’s the truth!!)

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  adamlambrts.
    ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Two Adam Lambert stan accounts each with one post only, both joined today and posted minutes apart. Not even trying to pretend it’s not the same person!

ReplyCopy URL
    Richard Aniston
    Participant
    Topics:

This may be the year Katy gets her first Grammy. Looking like a weak year for the Pop Field. I guess Ed Sheeran would be the front runner for Pop Vocal Album. However, the performance categories seem like a wide open race. No real frontrunners for Solo or Duo/Group.

Best Pop Vocal Album will probably end up looking like this:
    24K Magic – Bruno Mars
    Melodrama – Lorde
    Katy Perry
    Divide – Ed Sheeran
    Some other album

ReplyCopy URL
    Davebube
    Participant
    Topics:

This may be the year Katy gets her first Grammy. Looking like a weak year for the Pop Field. I guess Ed Sheeran would be the front runner for Pop Vocal Album. However, the performance categories seem like a wide open race. No real frontrunners for Solo or Duo/Group.

Best Pop Vocal Album will probably end up looking like this:
    24K Magic – Bruno Mars
    Melodrama – Lorde
    Katy Perry
    Divide – Ed Sheeran
    Some other album

The “some other album” will either be Haim, Lana Del Rey’s Lust For Life or Lady Gaga’s Joanne. This year’s incredibly weak.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gagamon
    Participant
    Topics:

how is Katy winning her first Grammy when she is weaker than never?

the only thing that made her a Grammy Contender before was her BIG comercial success, but now, without that… well let’s see

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Gagamon.
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 2,290 total)
Reply To: 2018 Grammy Award Discussion

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.