2018 Grammy Award Discussion

Home // Forums // Music // 2018 Grammy Award Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 2,296 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
13 hours ago
( +31 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • camman
    Participant
    Topics:

Record of the year = Starboy Shape of you Song of the year = Castle on the hill Pop album Ed sheeran Lorde Lady gaga Bruno mars Pop duo / group performance Starboy -the weeknd Don’t wanna know – maroon5

Starboy was submitted for this year’s awards, and it wasn’t nominated. So its not eligible for 2018. And Maroon 5 isn’t getting nominated for anything, especially for “Don’t wanna Know” arguably one of the worst songs of the year.

This is gonna be a year for Lorde and Ed Sheeran. The way things are going now, Lady Gaga and Bruno might not be as successful as they usually are.

ReplyCopy URL
    Davebube
    Participant
    Topics:

From the snippets going round online, this might be an interesting era for Katy Perry. I also don’t know why I’m confident about Lorde’s new album.

Pop Vocal Album
    Joanne
    24k Magic

Lorde
    Katy
    (Taylor?)

ReplyCopy URL
    Gagamon
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Taylor is releasing her album after the deadline… but her lead single may be eligible

I think so far Gaga has a solid chance on getting nominated for PVA (see Demi this year)

I Think there is not way she’s getting nominated for anything else unless the SB gives her a miracle hit single

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  Gagamon.
    ReplyCopy URL
    RadioGAGAhead
    Participant
    Topics:

“I Feel It Coming” by The Weeknd ft Daft Punk has potential. Love the sound.

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

“I Feel It Coming” by The Weeknd ft Daft Punk has potential. Love the sound.

The music video NEEDS to drop soon. It screams Record of the Year nominee.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Not really a lot of obvious contenders right now but would imagine some of the following would be nominated

Album of the Year

A Tribe Called Quest – “We Got It from Here”
    Miranda Lambert – “Weight of These Wings”
    Ed Sheeran – “÷”
    “La La Land” soundtrack
    Shania Twain?, Arcade Fire?, Lorde?

Record / Song of the Year

James Arthur – “Say You Won’t Let Go”
    Beyoncé & Dixie Chicks – “Daddy Lessons”
    Clean Bandit – “Rockabye”
    Little Big Town – “Better Man”
    Ed Sheeran – “Castle on a Hill”
    The Weeknd – “I Feel It Coming”

Pop Vocal Album

Ed Sheeran “÷”
    Lady Gaga – “Joanna
    Bruno Mars – “24K Magic”
    Lorde?, Kelly Clarkson?

Best New Artist – Kehanli?

ReplyCopy URL
    Davebube
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m banking on SZA to deliver with her upcoming album (CTRL) and snag an Urban Contemporary Album nomination

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodriguez
    Participant
    Topics:

This Town is basically an Ed Sheeran song. It has potential to be the Love Yourself of next year, but it might need to peak higher.

I hope the Grammy’s notice Alessia Cara next year. Maybe Scars to Your Beautiful for Pop Solo or something like that

ReplyCopy URL
    LOVC
    Participant
    Topics:

This Town is basically an Ed Sheeran song. It has potential to be the Love Yourself of next year, but it might need to peak higher.

I hope the Grammy’s notice Alessia Cara next year. Maybe Scars to Your Beautiful for Pop Solo or something like that

Scars To Your Beautiful was submitted last year.

And Ed Sheeran’s song of this year will be of the real Ed and not This Town.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Still “This Town” is a terrific song and I could totally see them giving it recognition.

ReplyCopy URL
    camman
    Participant
    Topics:

Still “This Town” is a terrific song and I could totally see them giving it recognition.

No

And Ed Sheeran’s song of this year will be of the real Ed and not This Town.

Exactly. WTF are these posters thinking lmao

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t see why people are hating on “This Town” so much. Is it because Niall Horan is a member of One Direction? Well if Justin Bieber can get SOTY, then I think him.

Also I don’t think he’s “diet Ed Sheeran” personally. His sound is completely different from Ed. Sure it may be inspired by Sheeran, but it isn’t a carbon clone. He is taking the adage of being inspired by people but still putting his own spin on it. If anything, it sounds more like “Hey There, Delilah” than Sheeran.

I see absolutely no reason why both “Castle on the Hill” and “This Town” could compete in SOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mateus Santos
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele shoud’ve wait and sang another song on grammyas last year, and now she could sing All I Ask and give a tremendous performance and next year the pop vocal performance would be hers.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kadu335
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m really rooting for Miranda Lambert to break in the main categories next year! Her new album “The Weight of These Wings” is just SO good and her best in my opinion (and that’s saying a lot considering she’s been putting out great records one after the other since her debut)… she really deserves a nod outside of her regular country ones in my opinion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele will be ineligible for Best Pop Solo Performance next year since she’s winning Best Pop Vocal Album (and most likely Album of the Year) this year.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 2,296 total)
Reply To: 2018 Grammy Award Discussion

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.