Home Forums Music 2018 Grammy Performances

2018 Grammy Performances

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 174 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Gucci
PoweR
  • restless&wild
    Participant
    Topics:

The point I was making is to M who said Beyonce and Gaga dance while performing without having to lip synch. I’m not really sure about Gaga, as I’m not a huge fan of hers, but that I know Beyonce does while she dances. It’s almost impossible not too. I didn’t say anything was wrong in doing so. Just called M out for stating Beyonce never does it, when she does. And that she does sometimes even when not dancing.

ReplyCopy URL
    JakeFake16
    Participant
    Topics:

And it’s not like she always lip syncing when she’s dancing, but it’s also sometimes. And she was sick when she sang at Obama’s inauguraton

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, no one wants to see Lorde’s boring ass perform. She should just present. #Yawn

ReplyCopy URL
    Richard Aniston
    Participant
    Topics:

Eminem will probably perform.

A medley of Walk on Water and Untouchable.

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

Kelly should do a tribute. She killed the Patty Page/Carol Kane one at the 2013 grammys. She can save her show-stopping performance of “I Don’t Think About You” when she’s nominated for AOTY at the 2019 Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eric Close
    Participant
    Topics:

@richardaniston Yeah, he probably will. I don’t think they should, but they usually get a beloved artist to perform if they released an album in the months between the eligibility period and the ceremony. If Taylor performs, though, I doubt they’ll bring him on, too.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

You seem to be confusing lipsynching with use of background vocals. Beyoncé does use background vocals, but doesn’t hold her mic and pretend she’s singing it live. In fact in any video of her world tour shows you’ll see that when those background vocals are playing, she’s dancing and not singing along. She’s not deceiving her fans like some other singers.

Lady Gaga was never caught lipsynching (aside from some background vocals in the chorus). Beyoncé was caught lipsynching only once in twenty years and there were many factors that led to that decision. In an industry where most singers lipsynch (even Michael Jackson & Whitney Houston), I’ll give them both credit for putting up a nice choreography and singing well live at the same time. You can’t imagine how hard it is.

I’m a fan of Taylor Swift, but go look at the last Jingle Ball performance where she tried to do that. It sounded awful. They’re really the only two female singers that can do that, in my opinion.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    JakeFake16
    Participant
    Topics:

You seem to be confusing lipsynching with use of background vocals. Beyoncé does use background vocals, but doesn’t hold her mic and pretend she’s singing it live. In fact in any video of her world tour shows you’ll see that when those background vocals are playing, she’s dancing and not singing along.

I am a beehive and I can admit she was lip syncing many times during The Formation Tour (for example whole Partition)

Lady Gaga was never caught lipsynching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNcSbLIliNo

Beyoncé was caught lipsynching only once in twenty years

You mean Obama’s Inauguration, GRAMMY 2014 or this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPmVg-5hQ0c

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL Beyonce partially lipsynched her performance at last year’s Grammys! You don’t have to go way back in time

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

@jakefake16 I don’t know about Beyoncé’s formation incident. I know for a fact the chorus is hard to sing live. In my opinion, it seems that she was using the studio version as lower-volume background while singing over it live. You can notice the volume went down when she stopped singing. At least the general consensus is that Beyoncé does sing live and dance, most of the time.

When it comes to Gaga, that video seems to be created by some salty britney fan or something.

In fact in almost ALL Poker Face live performances that part (the bridge) is rarely sung live because it’s difficult to recreate the audio effect:

It’s more clear here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytcr6gyiqjQ

And if you have any doubt that Gaga can’t sing Poker Face live while dancing at the same time, this video should put an end to your doubts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmULfsV3wvo

And here’s more proof that Gaga does sing live. She was vomiting on stage, and all you could hear is background vocals. If she was lipsynching we would’ve seen another fail video like the ones we’ve seen with Britney: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1LLhm3icpQ

So yeah… I think it’s pretty clear.

ReplyCopy URL
    JakeFake16
    Participant
    Topics:

I know she’s a great singer and performer, but you said she had never lip synced and it isn’t true.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  JakeFake16.
    ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I know she’s a great singer and performer, but you said she had never lip synced and it isn’t true.

For Beyoncé, it’s really hard to tell. There may be instances where she used pre-recorded tracks, I’ll give you that.

As for Gaga, the video you shared doesn’t prove anything. In fact the bridge sounds the same in every tour performance, so it was clear the bridge was the studio version of the song while the rest was live. I’ve yet to see an accident debunking gaga lipsynching. The vomit accident proved the opposite.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

Great News, Sheeran IS NOT performing.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=309735

The Grammy snub of Ed Sheeran is having a ripple effect, as the British hitmaker’s apparent decision not to appear on the Grammy telecast is said to have prompted action from Sheeran’s mentor Elton John, who is thought to be extremely displeased at his protege’s treatment at the hands of the Secret Nominating Committee. Sheeran is repped by Elton’s Rocket Management.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Michael Buble performing anything he wants from his album

has there been any news on his son ?

http://www.etonline.com/michael-bubles-son-noah-doing-very-well-after-cancer-diagnosis-exclusive-92230

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

First performers announced today:

Lady Gaga
    Childish Gambino
    Little Big Town
    Pink
    Broadway Tributes to Andrew Lloyd Webber (Patti LuPone) and Leonard Bernstein (Ben Platt)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 174 total)
Reply To: 2018 Grammy Performances

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.