Home Forums Music 2018 Grammys Ceremony Reaction

2018 Grammys Ceremony Reaction

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 13 posts - 646 through 658 (of 658 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +21 hidden )
replies
views
users
Oscar Rodriguez
Gucci
Rinolo Twenty..
  • Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, several of these talk shows felt Kesha should’ve won due to the “message” of her song. Get real! The reality is, her song bombed and the vocals were lousy. Songs should NOT win just because they contain a message. No way did she deserve to win over Ed Sheeran. And I don’t even like “Shape of You.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Marco B.
    Participant
    Topics:

https://pitchfork.com/news/fleet-foxes-robin-pecknold-burns-bruno-mars-over-grammy-wins/

After Justin Vernon, Robin Pecknold. Always nice when talented people speak their minds.

ReplyCopy URL
    HotNerdLover
    Participant
    Topics:

RE: Kesha – The beauty of art lies in its subjectivity.

Something I’m not understanding is the uproar over Mars’ six wins – people on the internet are seriously loosing it, and long-winded takedowns of the Grammys abound…but if the Grammys are so irrelevant and ‘get it wrong year after year’, why do these people care so much who the Recording Academy choose to give THEIR awards to?

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Brothers Osbourne, Eric Church, Maren Moris: A

I was looking forward to this performance because of Brothers Osborne and Eric Church…then I heard its opening music and I was like, “Oh geez!” Eric wrote an awesome song named “Why Not Me?” after that shooting in Vegas took place. Why couldn’t that song have been done instead? Why was him and Brothers Osborne stuck doing a song that is not only an old song, but one that isn’t even country in the first place???

God bless you and Eric and Brothers Osborne always!!!

Holly

P.S. Go here to check out Eric’s song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBon53g1FTw

I love they sang that song to be honest. Love when artists try other genres. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t but this one worked for me

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

In the last two years, Bruno Mars has won:

2 ROTY Grammys
    2 AOTY Grammys
    1 SOTY Grammy

Fucking disgusting! I just threw-up my lunch.

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

In the last two years, Bruno Mars has won:

2 ROTY Grammys
    2 AOTY Grammys
    1 SOTY Grammy

Fucking disgusting! I just threw-up my lunch.

I agree with you. I was upset for him when he lost to Lorde with “When I Was Your Man” but the Grammys has given him everything since then.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tammyswift
    Participant
    Topics:

RE: Kesha – The beauty of art lies in its subjectivity. Something I’m not understanding is the uproar over Mars’ six wins – people on the internet are seriously loosing it, and long-winded takedowns of the Grammys abound…but if the Grammys are so irrelevant and ‘get it wrong year after year’, why do these people care so much who the Recording Academy choose to give THEIR awards to?

Funny you mention Kesha, because Bruno should represent everything she’s against right now.

Bruno’s music is exactly the kind sexist crap that reinforces the objectification of women. I mean,”… your booty deserve a celebration, And I’m gonna celebrate it all night long, Come on here and show me why you got the whole club starin’ at you” or

“Girl, you got what I need (I got what you need), 37-27-42,
    Squeeze all of that into my coupe
    Girl, I choose you”. There’s more if you google his lyrics.

You cant be all #metoo and then support misogynistic crap like this.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  Tammyswift.
    ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

Brothers Osbourne, Eric Church, Maren Moris: A

I was looking forward to this performance because of Brothers Osborne and Eric Church…then I heard its opening music and I was like, “Oh geez!” Eric wrote an awesome song named “Why Not Me?” after that shooting in Vegas took place. Why couldn’t that song have been done instead? Why was him and Brothers Osborne stuck doing a song that is not only an old song, but one that isn’t even country in the first place???

God bless you and Eric and Brothers Osborne always!!!

Holly

P.S. Go here to check out Eric’s song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBon53g1FTw

I love they sang that song to be honest. Love when artists try other genres. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t but this one worked for me

I don’t mind it when country singers acknowledge other formats, but during the Grammy show, them other formats already get plenty of attention, so for a country act to sing a non country song during the show, its like they are saying that material from the format that they are supposed to be representing isn’t good enough.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    KBDenis
    Participant
    Topics:

To sum it up…. a complete and utter shitshow.

I elaborate here: The Grammys Disappoint, But Are We Surprised?

Also, Every Grammy Performance Ranked

ReplyCopy URL
    bellattrice
    Participant
    Topics:

LMAO They think they will solve this nominating or even awarding Taylor next year, they are so out of touch…

They’ll only make it worse. So many women in the industry, and just reward Taylor (even when she doesn’t deserve) and Adele? LOL

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  bellattrice.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  bellattrice.
    ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

This GrammySoWhite and GrammySoMale Bullshit is just ridiculous.

Did we not have an Adele sweep just last year? How can the Grammy’s be so sexist? Did Taylor Swift not win AoTY twice in this decade?

If Taylor Swift beats Kendrick “GrammySoWhite”, if Kendrick beats Taylor “GrammySoMale”.

Looks like they can’t please anyone no matter who the award goes to.

Bruno deserved to win this year. He had the far-reaching appeal he needed to win in General Categories, something very big names lacked at the peak of their careers (such as Gaga who lost AoTY three times, Kendrick Lamar & Beyoncé).

ReplyCopy URL
    Tammyswift
    Participant
    Topics:

Bruno deserved to win this year. He had the far-reaching appeal he needed to win in General Categories, something very big names lacked at the peak of their careers (such as Gaga who lost AoTY three times, Kendrick Lamar & Beyoncé).

If its about far reaching appeal, how do you explain Beck over Beyonce or arcade fire winning over lady gaga/eminem. Although I think Beck and Arcade fire are brilliant, them winning proves that its not always about mass appeal.

There’s an obvious trend against hip hop or ‘in your face’ black music in the general categories. Recent winners of the aoty have all been safe, apolitical pop music.

ReplyCopy URL
    alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

https://pitchfork.com/news/fleet-foxes-robin-pecknold-burns-bruno-mars-over-grammy-wins/ After Justin Vernon, Robin Pecknold. Always nice when talented people speak their minds.

We can add Adam Granduciel from ‘The War on Drugs’ who won Best Rock Album.

There are so many great records that when you grow older, you’re like, “Oh man, this is the best record ever made.” And you’re like, “Oh it didn’t get nominated or win a Grammy.” It’s countless, how many amazing, classic American records haven’t been knighted or whatever. The art is going to live past the night. It’s not a quantifier of what’s good or the best or worth listening to.

https://pitchfork.com/news/the-war-on-drugs-adam-granduciel-on-winning-a-grammy-rooting-for-lorde/

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 13 posts - 646 through 658 (of 658 total)
Reply To: 2018 Grammys Ceremony Reaction

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.