Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Award Discussion

2019 Grammy Award Discussion

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 150 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
11 hours ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • brittanymiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Mark my words, Goddess Taylor will land a record of 15 nominations next year!

Taylor Swift

Record of The Year (2nd Single), Album of The Year (Reputation), Song of The Year (2nd Single), Best Pop Solo Performance (2nd Single), Best Pop Duo/Group Performance (Single featuring Drake), Best Rap/Sung Performance (Drake’s single featuring her), Best Rap Song (Drake’s single featuring her), Best Country Solo Performance (3rd Single), Best Country Duo/Group Performance (Little Big Town featuring her), Best Country Song (Song she writes for Little Big Town), Best Dance Recording (The Chainsmokers featuring her), Best Engineered Album (Reputation), Best Surround Sound Album (Reputation), Best Music Video (2nd Single), Best Music Film (Reputation)

ReplyCopy URL
    Rinolo Twenty-two
    Participant
    Topics:

This just has become another Taylor Swift thread. Obviously Taylor wants to break Adele record and other ones, that’s why that Ticketmaster scam exists, in order to exploit the sh*t out of her fans. What a tramp! So annoying!

Mark my words, Goddess Taylor will land a record of 15 nominations next year!

Taylor Swift

Record of The Year (2nd Single), Album of The Year (Reputation), Song of The Year (2nd Single), Best Pop Solo Performance (2nd Single), Best Pop Duo/Group Performance (Single featuring Drake), Best Rap/Sung Performance (Drake’s single featuring her), Best Rap Song (Drake’s single featuring her), Best Country Solo Performance (3rd Single), Best Country Duo/Group Performance (Little Big Town featuring her), Best Country Song (Song she writes for Little Big Town), Best Dance Recording (The Chainsmokers featuring her), Best Engineered Album (Reputation), Best Surround Sound Album (Reputation), Best Music Video (2nd Single), Best Music Film (Reputation)

15 nomination?. Go buy 15 copies of Reputation, delusional swiftie! LOL

ReplyCopy URL
    brittanymiles
    Participant
    Topics:

15 nomination?. Go buy 15 copies of Reputation, delusional swiftie! LOL

Yes, I’m buying 15 copies of Reputation! I’ll send you 1 copy for Christmas – the gift of good music must be shared! 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana supposedly will release music somewhere around winter or spring, so I’ll keep an eye to that.

Taylor will most likely get an AOTY nod. Her album is predicted to break Adele first week sales record.

Adele’s record will be secured for a very long time. “Reputation” era won’t even come close.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyoncé is expected to drop her 7th album before or right after Coachella. Might not happen but she’s one to watch.

Taylor might most likely get into AOTY.

I’m also very excited about Ariana Grande and Rihanna’s 2018 releases.

I don’t think Rihanna will release new music until 2019/2020. She has too many business ventures and films to promote/finish within the next year.

It would be interesting if Beyonce’s next album is actually a DC3 reunion. That would be a massive comeback.

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift will not break Adele first week album sales record. Of course she wants to break it, released the first single in August and the album will just be released in November, there’s time for a massive marketing.

She’s not Adele. Adele came back with Hello and in just less then one month released the album.

Anyway it’s too soon to the 2019 Grammy thread, and there is a Taylor Swift thread.

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, the 2018 Grammy Awards haven’t even aired yet. Hell, the deadline isn’t over. There is no need for this thread right now.

Since there is only 17 more days left of the current eligibility period, I wasn’t surprised when I saw that this chat had been started already. When you really think about it, the cycle never ends because as soon as one period ends, the next one gets started. (smiles)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    TheZeitergeist3
    Participant
    Topics:

Whatever music Gaga releases for ASIB will most likely be nominated for best visual media song

ReplyCopy URL
    lovemesomemusic
    Participant
    Topics:

After hearing Los Ageless and New York (so good) by St Vincent, im fairly confident that her album MASSEDUCATION will get into alternative album. I am still praying for a day where P!nk gets nominated for album of the year, but for her she would have to release a critically acclaimed album that is a little different from her earlier stuff (maybe more adelesque). I feel like there will be massive competition for 2019 grammys. It makes me so excited for this time next year when we get to predict away – especially after the weakness that was 2017.

ReplyCopy URL
    BreakerofChains
    Participant
    Topics:

Pink’s best chance was 2013 with The Truth About Love when there were no big females yet Academy went all males that year.

ReplyCopy URL
    ProfessorChaos
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift will not break Adele first week album sales record. Of course she wants to break it, released the first single in August and the album will just be released in November, there’s time for a massive marketing.

She’s not Adele. Adele came back with Hello and in just less then one month released the album.

Adele pulled in that number because of she pulled across multiple demographics, including older music buyers. Taylor Swift is skewing younger, which I believe will be a smaller (but still biggest of 2017) audience

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Pink’s best chance was 2013 with The Truth About Love when there were no big females yet Academy went all males that year.

P!NK has always been overshadowed at the GRAMMYs. Next year she will face stiff competition once again. I bet she’s nominated because they appreciate her talent but I don’t see her beating Sam Smith, Kelly Clarkson, or Taylor Swift.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, chile! Unless P!nk sells like Adele, she won’t win. She’ll be able to easily secure a Best Pop Vocal Album nom. She’s been snubbed a lot in Best Pop Solo Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    lovemesomemusic
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, chile! Unless P!nk sells like Adele, she won’t win. She’ll be able to easily secure a Best Pop Vocal Album nom. She’s been snubbed a lot in Best Pop Solo Performance.

I personally think she has been snubbed a few times in Pop Vocal Album. We were all sure of her win for ‘Funhouse’ in 2010 yet she lost to The Black Eyed Peas (???) which was one of the biggest Grammy errors in history. I think she would beat Kelly nowadays as Ms Clarkson isn’t holding up the popularity as much as Pink is, while Sam Smith is similar to Pink. He needs to do something different to stand out. Wouldn’t it be sick if Christina makes a good and strong comeback and goes against P!nk and Kelly (and possibly JT) for a match of the early 2000’s 😉

ReplyCopy URL
    lovemesomemusic
    Participant
    Topics:

Also Xtina, contrary to your opinions, I think for artists like Christina Aguilera and Pink, a high metacritic score can deem them worthy of wins/noms far into their career. Metacritic basically compares their latest album to the old ones, so you would think its harder for the Grammy committee to snub an artist when they nominated an album that had 15 less metacritic points.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 150 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.