Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Award Discussion

2019 Grammy Award Discussion

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 1,105 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miguel Terel ..
Oscar Rodriguez
Gucci
  • Alexandra
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s too early to tell if Taylor will get a GF nomination. “End game” is he next single with a music video and I believe it will chart well. It’s the most popular song on the album. If she can choose wisely with her next singles as there are some good radio songs on the album, she will get an AOTY nom. Realistically, nobody is expecting Reputation to be as big as 1989. Every artist has a peak era like Adele did with 21. The main differene is Adele basically created 21 part 2 while at least Taylor took a risk and went in a different direction.

ReplyCopy URL
    MovieManiac405
    Participant
    Topics:

“Endgame” is a horrible song! And I’m a huge Taylor Swift fan! I’ve seen her live 5 times and own every album. “Endgame” is just a corny mess with over production, hardly any melody, and cringe-inducing lyrics. I’m on there verge of deleting it from my iTunes.

Her best decision right now would be to make a kick-ass music video for “Delicate” and release that one as a single, and then maybe “Getaway Car”. But I still don’t see “Reputation” getting into AOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rinolo Twenty-two
    Participant
    Topics:

“End Game” is a complete mess, but I think it could get a Pop Duo/Group Performance, if it becomes a hit, which seems unlikely. Reputation doesn’t deserves to be nominated for anything, its only achievement it’s the sales, let’s hope another snub like her friend Ed.
    “Ready For It” died quickly, the music video flopped, she’s trying to revive it with the remix, which is worse than the original, it could be nominated for Pop Solo, if the competition is weak.
    “New Year’s Day” is not a country song at all, so she won’t be anywhere near that field at least with this album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Nobody actually loves Reputation though. There’s no passion for it.

From who? Fans? Critics? Radio? Because Pitchfork, Billboard, and Rolling Stone all gave it positive reviews. She’s back on Country Radio. Her tour is set to put gross her last. I mean come on people just try to be unbiased when talking about her work. She’s probably going to be nominated for AotY, Pop Album, and Country Song at least next year. Depending on the success of future singles Pop/Country solo, Pop Duo/Group, and Song/Record. I hope she releases Dress or Delicate but I don’t think they’ll chart high. But they’re very well written.

I said PASSION. When its highest score on MC is an 80, that doesn’t scream passion. Positive reviews that are 4/5 or 3.5/5 isn’t passionate. It’s basically decent or serviceable. None of them actually are in love with this album like you want them to be.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Just go look at Rob Sheffield’s passion for reputation. Just because you don’t think there’s passion doesn’t mean they isn’t.

https://twitter.com/robsheff/status/931635029565956097

ReplyCopy URL
    Alexandra
    Participant
    Topics:

“Endgame” is a horrible song! And I’m a huge Taylor Swift fan! I’ve seen her live 5 times and own every album. “Endgame” is just a corny mess with over production, hardly any melody, and cringe-inducing lyrics. I’m on there verge of deleting it from my iTunes.

Her best decision right now would be to make a kick-ass music video for “Delicate” and release that one as a single, and then maybe “Getaway Car”. But I still don’t see “Reputation” getting into AOTY.

End Game is the most popular song with the general public. Thats a fact. You may not like it but a lot of other people do. You have every right to dislike the song but dont discredit everybody else who has heard the song and liked it. It will do well on the radio. People on here are never objective when it comes to Taylor. You dont have to like her but at least be realistic..

Delicate is a nice song but I Did Something Bad and End Game are both stronger choices for radio. End Game has a catchy hook and thats all it takes for a song to do well on radio. Dancing with our hands tied is my fave but its not a radio single and I know that.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Alexandra.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Alexandra.
    ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift haters aren’t going to be happy lol..

Reputation is back at N1 with 110k copies sold this week.

It’s also doing well in critics year-end lists:
    #1 People
    #4 Chron
    #5 The New York Times
    #6 Billboard
    #7 Rolling Stone
    #9 Time
    #9 Los Angeles Times

It’s a solid AoTY contender for 2019

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, let’s wait until around August of next year to see if Swift’s shitty album will be an AOTY contender.

ReplyCopy URL
    D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not common for follow-ups to AOTY winners to be nominated. Even Swift couldn’t do it the last time she won AOTY. Adele did it but she is the exception, not the rule.

ReplyCopy URL
    Joseph Tica
    Participant
    Topics:

BEST POP VOCAL ALBUM Kelly Clarkson, Meaning of Life Selena Gomez , TBA Sam Smith, The Thrill it of all Taylor Swift, Reputation Justin Timberlake, TBA

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! Selena Gomez will NOT get a Best Pop Vocal Album nomination. We went through this last time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift haters aren’t going to be happy lol..

Reputation is back at N1 with 110k copies sold this week.

It’s also doing well in critics year-end lists:
    #1 People
    #4 Chron
    #5 The New York Times
    #6 Billboard
    #7 Rolling Stone
    #9 Time
    #9 Los Angeles Times

It’s a solid AoTY contender for 2019

But, she’s Taylor Swift and she can’t possibly be nominated again. She probably paid for those year end list.

Get real! Selena Gomez will NOT get a Best Pop Vocal Album nomination. We went through this last time.

This is true. If she was going to be nominated it would of happened with her last album. 3 Pop #1 and no nominations spoke loudly that they don’t respect her.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor would have to keep momentum throughout the year to be nominated for AOTY. I can totally see the Grammys passing over her.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift haters aren’t going to be happy lol.. Reputation is back at N1 with 110k copies sold this week. It’s also doing well in critics year-end lists: #1 People #4 Chron #5 The New York Times #6 Billboard #7 Rolling Stone #9 Time #9 Los Angeles Times It’s a solid AoTY contender for 2019

She probably paid for those year end list.

WORD.

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

After this year nominations I don’t see why Swift can’t be snubbed.

Anyway she’s not winning. What I’d like to see the most is she losing Pop Album.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 1,105 total)
Reply To: 2019 Grammy Award Discussion

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.