Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Award Discussion

2019 Grammy Award Discussion

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 1,105 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miguel Terel ..
Oscar Rodriguez
Gucci
  • JakeFake16
    Participant
    Topics:

Even if this song is R&B and it will be sent there, R&B committee will reject everything with Taylor Swift name.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodriguez
    Participant
    Topics:

The genre thing is actually prety interesting to think about. Which big pop stars will send songs for different genres?

Ed Sheeran missed the opportunity of sending Castle on the Hill for the Rock field this year. He could’ve sent Dive as well.

Taylor’s album and Pink’s album are pop 100%. MAYBE Dancing with Our Hands Tied for Dance Recording, and that’s sort of a stretch.

Kesha could send Let Em Talk for Rock song, since it even has Eagles of Death Metal.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodriguez
    Participant
    Topics:

Justin Timberlake just announced his new album, Man of the Woods is coming out February 2. For the sound on the “trailer” he released, sounds like his standard pop mixed with r&b.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Kesha in the Rock field. Get real!

Justin Timberlake bores me. He’ll probably win another Grammy. Barf!

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m 19 years old! I’m a young adult! I’m sorry if I swear a lot in this forum.

Well when you look at what most everyone else here has to say, it isn’t like you are the only person who is guilty of such a thing.

God bless you and everyone else here always!!!

Holly

P.S. What makes you different is that you may be the only person who has ever apologized for it. Apology accepted by the way. (hug)

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodriguez
    Participant
    Topics:

Kesha in the Rock field. Get real!

Justin Timberlake bores me. He’ll probably win another Grammy. Barf!

Hear the song. It’s a rock song. The fact that she hasn’t sent it to rock radio yet it’s unexcusable.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler [Last Name]
    Participant
    Topics:

Extremely early prediction: Justin Timberlake will be nominated for AOTY for “Man in the Woods”

FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler [Last Name]
    Participant
    Topics:

Also I completely, wholeheartedly agree that Xtina/Gucci/whatever needs to dial down her petty insults.

Just because you don’t like someone doesn’t mean that others will dislike it either. That is not how the world works. To you JT bores you but he is a great singer and showman and is a star so he will get noticed, unless his new album flops, but I still think the Grammys will appreciate his change of pace.

FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, get a grip! Xtina/Gucci does NOT need to tone down a damn thing. You need to stop getting caught up in your feelings. This is a forum where posters express their opinions. If you don’t like what Xtina/Gucci posts; just simply hit the ignore button, darling!

ReplyCopy URL
    Miguel Terel Kabigting
    Participant
    Topics:

Extremely early prediction: Justin Timberlake will be nominated for AOTY for “Man in the Woods”

I don’t know yet if JT could be nominated in AOTY!

MtlKabigting

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

JT is coming with an incredible promo. His Superbowl performance will hit his upcoming album’s sales.

I don’t know what to say about a possible AOTY nom. The last time we were sure about his GF noms and he got zero.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodriguez
    Participant
    Topics:

Predicting JT right now would be too extreme. The 20/20 Experience debuted with almost a million copies yet failed to get in AOTY. Let’s wait for his album’s performance and critical acclaim. However there isn’t much competition this year.

For me right now Pop Vocal would be, in order of likehood to get a nom:

1. Taylor
    2. Sam Smith
    3. Justin Timberlake
    4. P!nk
    5. Kelly Clarkson

Ariana is supposedly releasing her lead single on February. If the album does as well as her previous too, she could get in. However, competition’s stiff, so she’ll have to either hope for a tie or knock P!nk or Kelly (even though we don’t know if either Justin or her will go more Urban Cotemporary. Both have been working with Pharell, and sources are saying Ariana’s album is going to be R&B)

Pop Solo seems lighter. Since 4 out of the 5 possible Pop Vocal nominees don’t have lead singles to be eligible for Pop Solo, and Ed is probably going to be ineligible, here are my very early predictions:

1. JT’s lead single
    2. Sam Smith’s Palace
    3. Ariana Grande’s lead single
    4. Taylor’s second single
    5. (open slot)

NF’s Let You Down could get in (top 20 hit already) but I don’t know if it’ll be in the Rap Field or Pop Solo, since it’s kinda pop-rap. Halsey’s Bad At Love and Dua Lipa’s New Rules are gaining even more on the charts right now, but even though New Rules reached a new peak this week, I don’t know if she submitted it for the 2018 Grammy’s. Tell Me You Love Me by Demi Lovato could get in if it gets popular (it’s doing pretty bad right now)

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

Predicting JT right now would be too extreme. The 20/20 Experience debuted with almost a million copies yet failed to get in AOTY. Let’s wait for his album’s performance and critical acclaim. However there isn’t much competition this year. For me right now Pop Vocal would be, in order of likehood to get a nom: 1. Taylor 2. Sam Smith 3. Justin Timberlake 4. P!nk 5. Kelly Clarkson Ariana is supposedly releasing her lead single on February. If the album does as well as her previous too, she could get in. However, competition’s stiff, so she’ll have to either hope for a tie or knock P!nk or Kelly (even though we don’t know if either Justin or her will go more Urban Cotemporary. Both have been working with Pharell, and sources are saying Ariana’s album is going to be R&B) Pop Solo seems lighter. Since 4 out of the 5 possible Pop Vocal nominees don’t have lead singles to be eligible for Pop Solo, and Ed is probably going to be ineligible, here are my very early predictions: 1. JT’s lead single 2. Sam Smith’s Palace 3. Ariana Grande’s lead single 4. Taylor’s second single 5. (open slot) NF’s Let You Down could get in (top 20 hit already) but I don’t know if it’ll be in the Rap Field or Pop Solo, since it’s kinda pop-rap. Halsey’s Bad At Love and Dua Lipa’s New Rules are gaining even more on the charts right now, but even though New Rules reached a new peak this week, I don’t know if she submitted it for the 2018 Grammy’s. Tell Me You Love Me by Demi Lovato could get in if it gets popular (it’s doing pretty bad right now)

It seems we’ll have 6 nominees again on Pop Album, it’s the beginning of the cycle and we already have Kelly, P! Nk and Taylor. In my opinion they’re locks. I’m not sure about Sam Smith yet.

To predict Ariana Grande is just extreme as to predict JT. Pop Solo is hard to predict because during the year many options appear.

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

^I think Sam Smith’s lead single has more chance than Palace. He can do the same thing he did with Stay With Me. Perhaps he submits a remix version of Too Good At Goodbyes.

And in my opinion, Demi Lovato’s Grammy chance is over. Her best shot was this year.

Lady Gaga is in the studio and expected to release her next album this year. If she releases it in eligable period, we also should consider her.

Selena Gomez is also expected to put her new album but I see no chance even without listening to the album. People are so done with Billboard awarding her for everything this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler [Last Name]
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, get a grip! Xtina/Gucci does NOT need to tone down a damn thing. You need to stop getting caught up in your feelings. This is a forum where posters express their opinions. If you don’t like what Xtina/Gucci posts; just simply hit the ignore button, darling!

Okay fine. Just at the very least keep in mind that other people’s opinions and thoughts matter and that the world does not revolve around you.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 1,105 total)
Reply To: 2019 Grammy Award Discussion

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.