Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Award Discussion

2019 Grammy Award Discussion

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 459 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 mins ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miguel Terel ..
Xtina
Oscar Rodriguez
  • JB_BelieberBoy_
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor is the clear frountunner for AOTY. Left the jealous and the hate apart.

Just heard Timberlake’s song, It sounds like a HUGE flop. It’s one of the most horrible songs I’ve ever heard.

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

He/She’s right. In the first quarter of eligibility period, Reputation is the only frontrunner.

It’ll probably top Billboard’s year end charts since its sales won’t be divided. It just needs some successful singles.

It depends on Taylor. She needs to leave her boyfriend and cats for a while and promoto a few singles.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodriguez
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s be honest: reputation is the clear front-runner, right now, for album of the year. I mean, who else? Sam Smith’s album kinda flopped a little bit, he may get in AOTY, but not win. Kelly and P!nk are out of question, and Justin’s new single is getting very mixed reviews.

Here are my (very) early picks for AOTY:

1. reputation
    2. The Thrill of It All
    3. Man of the Woods
    4. Upcoming Beyonce album (supposedly out this year)
    5. Revival

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor is the clear frountunner for AOTY. Left the jealous and the hate apart.

He/She’s right. In the first quarter of eligibility period, Reputation is the only frontrunner. It’ll probably top Billboard’s year end charts since its sales won’t be divided. It just needs some successful singles. It depends on Taylor. She needs to leave her boyfriend and cats for a while and promoto a few singles.

I’m not hating on Taylor. I said she won’t be nominated because she already was nominated 3 times and won 2, and they almost never nominate the album following a AOTY winner by that same artist. It’s a Grammy trend.

Speak Now wasn’t even nominated after Fearless won and sold more than nominees Born This Way and LOUD. The same is likely to happen with Reputation, it won’t sell more than 1989 anyway, and the singles are doing bad. They will probably snub it like they snubbed Divide.

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s be honest: reputation is the clear front-runner, right now, for album of the year. I mean, who else? Sam Smith’s album kinda flopped a little bit, he may get in AOTY, but not win. Kelly and P!nk are out of question, and Justin’s new single is getting very mixed reviews. Here are my (very) early picks for AOTY: 1. reputation 2. The Thrill of It All 3. Man of the Woods 4. Upcoming Beyonce album (supposedly out this year) 5. Revival

You are thinking mainstream. Not all AOTY winners are mainstream. Actually, there’s always at least one non-mainstream album nominated, so your line-up would never happen. Reputation will probably be the best selling album of the year, but that doesn’t guarantee a nomination, let alone a win. Revival is the biggest flop of Eminem’s career, it won’t be nom’d.

Taylor won’t win AOTY a third time, specially so soon. She already did something almost impossible winning one and two times being so young. And she had to beat “Fearless” in every way possible(Hits, sales, popularity, acclaim) to win it a second time. Reputation doesn’t even come close to 1989 in any way.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodriguez
    Participant
    Topics:

I know there’ll be an indie choice in the nominees, but I can’t think of one right now. Those unpopular but well-reviewed albums usually come out in June or something, so we’ll wait.

Revival is not getting nominated. I just placed it there as a place-holder lol

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not hating on Taylor. I said she won’t be nominated because she already was nominated 3 times and won 2, and they almost never nominate the album following a AOTY winner by that same artist. It’s a Grammy trend.

Speak Now wasn’t even nominated after Fearless won and sold more than nominees Born This Way and LOUD. The same is likely to happen with Reputation, it won’t sell more than 1989 anyway, and the singles are doing bad. They will probably snub it like they snubbed Divide.

I thought we’re talking about nominations, not winners. It’s too early for it.

I think Taylor can get nominated for AOTY although her previous album won this award because it is the biggest album of the first quarter (oct, nov, dec). Rep’s nom is NOT lock, but it is the frontrunner for AOTY noms. No, she’s not winning but she MAY make the nom just like she did with Red, breaking that trend.

ReplyCopy URL
    RadioGAGAhead
    Participant
    Topics:

Sam Smith is not getting into AOTY lol That album will be long forgotten. I bet the same goes for Eminem, Kelly Clarkson, P!nk, and St Vincent.

Taylor Swift will make it in only if there are a clear lack of major commercial contenders, but it is still so early. She certainly isn’t winning…

Timberlake could be a contender if he lives up to hype. There will likely be some voters who want to make up for the 20/20 snubs.

10 artists to watch out for:
    Beyoncé (with Jay Z??)
    Drake
    Ariana Grande
    Kanye
    Alabama Shakes
    Pharrell Williams
    Gaga
    Kacey Musgraves
    Vampire Weekend
    Arctic Monkeys

IDK maybe Nicki Minaj will finally live up to her potential and release a quality rap album?

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not hating on Taylor. I said she won’t be nominated because she already was nominated 3 times and won 2, and they almost never nominate the album following a AOTY winner by that same artist. It’s a Grammy trend. Speak Now wasn’t even nominated after Fearless won and sold more than nominees Born This Way and LOUD. The same is likely to happen with Reputation, it won’t sell more than 1989 anyway, and the singles are doing bad. They will probably snub it like they snubbed Divide.

I thought we’re talking about nominations, not winners. It’s too early for it. I think Taylor can get nominated for AOTY although her previous album won this award because it is the biggest album of the first quarter (oct, nov, dec). Rep’s nom is NOT lock, but it is the frontrunner for AOTY noms. No, she’s not winning but she MAY make the nom just like she did with Red, breaking that trend.

You said it yourself, it’s the biggest album NOW, the voting starts in October. If the voting was now, then yes, Reputation would be a lock for a nom. Until October, it’s probably gonna be long forgotten. I think the Pop nominee in AOTY could be Justin Timberlake before Taylor if he sells well with the album and has 1 or 2 big hits, or 1 smash. He would have more momentum than her  by October, starting the era now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miguel Terel Kabigting
    Participant
    Topics:

[

The three candidates for AOTY 2019

“Man Of The Woods” – Justin Timberlake
    “reputation” – Taylor Swift
    “Utopia” – Björk

Unfortunately I see Eminem, Kelly Clarkson and Sam Smith outside!

Eminem is not getting AOTY nomination because his Revival album got worst Metacritic reviews.

MtlKabigting

ReplyCopy URL
    Miguel Terel Kabigting
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought we’re talking about nominations, not winners. It’s too early for it.

I think Taylor can get nominated for AOTY although her previous album won this award because it is the biggest album of the first quarter (oct, nov, dec). Rep’s nom is NOT lock, but it is the frontrunner for AOTY noms. No, she’s not winning but she MAY make the nom just like she did with Red, breaking that trend.

I feel that Reputation album might get to AOTY nom, but it might have stiff competition to win AOTY against Sam Smith. But, it’s too early to discuss it because there are more albums to come.

MtlKabigting

ReplyCopy URL
    Miguel Terel Kabigting
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you think Finesse by Bruno Mars and Cardi B will be nomiated in 2019 Grammys?

MtlKabigting

ReplyCopy URL
    Korbel Clinton
    Participant
    Topics:

thats a hard one because bruno will win r&b album this year which disqualifies the original and might be the same for the remix. but i don’t see any rules against a remix from an album able to be nominated  when the original song was on a grammy winning album

ReplyCopy URL
    Korbel Clinton
    Participant
    Topics:

and its way too early to predict AOY nominees for 2019 when theres a whole 9 more months for new albums to come out

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! Justin Timberlake is NOT a lock to win or even be nominated for AOTY. You posters thought that last time.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 459 total)
Reply To: 2019 Grammy Award Discussion

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.